The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Odd, "need" Vauban. Really?

Wargasm_v2.X

In yet another demonstration of the sore need for balance we have the current trend of Vauban and Orokin Derelict Defense missions.  Apparently standing around and firing into a floating toilet bowl (Vortex) over and over constitutes compelling gameplay.  The only "challenge" presented with Vauban is to not get too close to the toilet bowl when toxic ancients are flushed.

Just when I had given up that DE had the stones to fix broken abilities they nerfed Snow Globe - one of the most spammed abilities to trivialize content.  In fact this nerf probably spiked the popularity of this exploitive play as players always look for the path of least resistance.  While they have since backed away from the nerf somewhat (big surprise) it at least showed SOME awareness by DE.  I have to wonder what their thoughts are when they see what a colossal joke Vauban makes this map and how people abuse it to rake in huge amounts of XP.

While it's hard for any player to condemn easily obtained XP, DE should know how that undermines their long term goals in retaining players.

It at least is another compelling argument for a balance pass on ALL frame Ultimates or at least the need for a substantial cooldown.  And no, energy is not an effective means to pace the use of Ultimates as anyone who plays the game will attest.

Some frames are better at doing other things than other frames and booben is a very straight forward control frame and ever since the frost nerf demand is high for him especially if you're doing High wave ODD. Any way even with balanced people want to be efficient and booben is very good at what he does  

I swear with all theses posts if Vauban gets debuffed (again) I'm going to flip the (input your guess) out hes perfectly fine the way he is. Also nothing needs a cd on it we already got past that phase in this game

Edited by Sasoka

If it wasn't Vauban, it'd be something else.  M-Prime or Nyx's ultimate.  Okay, that's another ultimate.  So Chaos.  A Nova sitting up top dropping a non-stop stream of Antimatter.  Nerf efficiency across the board?  People would move on to weapons, two in particular that do very high AoE damage.

But yeah, I agree that Vortex makes for a pretty boring ODD.  Also a bit annoying because picking up loot is unreliable until it ends.  Can make restocking on ammo a pain ;)

But anyway, if you don't want it, form your own group for it.  Keys are easy enough to make.

Edited by Axterix13

I swear, some people are not going to be happy until we have 45 guns that have the same stats but just look different, and a roster of equally useless frames. 

Why is it when a frame gets a little attention, people freak out and want him or her "balanced?"  Controlling infested is the ONLY thing he is good at.  So you think because he is good at 1 thing, that he should be balanced?  I bet as soon as every frame sucks, and every weapon is the same, you'll complain there's not enough variety in the game, lol. 

well, whilst you're at it, nerf trinity as well, for being so tough.

oh, and nova, for blowing the ever-loving donkeys out of half the map the entire time

or volt, for allowing a team to be as fast as the wind.

deal with it. vauban is specialized. his skills are purely crowd control, bastille was truly OP if it stopped bullets. it doesn't.

he only shines really well together with a loki (radial disarm) or frost (against the bullets) or against infested

But yeah, I agree that Vortex makes for a pretty boring ODD.  Also a bit annoying because picking up loot is unreliable until it ends.  Can make restocking on ammo a pain ;)

Most Vaubans I encountered (including myself) use Bastille instead (or together) with Vortex. No problems with loot, and match becomes a logistic task "shoot enemies fast enough to not let them overload the circle-of-nope". Much more dynamic, especially when it overflows at last.

fyi u dont 'need' booben 4 high wave odd

doesnt invalidate op entirely tho

Then the OP can find another damn group if i want to be specific on what i am looking for in a group dammit i can if i don't wanna take any random frame and hope the god damned S#&$ comes together. Even if perfect balance hits your still gonna have people that want to take certain frames over others cuas said frames will still do a better job at others in specific situations 

Edited by LurkenLurker

Just make ur own team without booben...

Don't whining about him just coz u bored with him kid...

Every frame has their "area" and booben is anti-infested...

if they nerf Vauban this guys next post will be about how hard ODD is now and to "fix" that too, although I think someone already asked DE about Vauban being changed like Frost and they said they aren't going to do anything to him

Edited by Sasoka

-1. Cooldowns will add nothing to this game.

The concepts of Warframe abilities are more or less fine as they are; they're just quite incompatible with our current Energy system that allows for constant "Press 4 To Win" with no gaps in between.

Cooldown bad. Updated energy system good.

Issue isn't with the Vauban, its how the corrupted mods, fleeting expertise and narrow minded don't affect vortex.

Neither of those mods adversely affect vortex and serve to lower its cost to the point that you can more or less spam it without worry. While at the same time benefit from the extended duration without seeing a fall in the range of the vortex's gravity well.

Most Vaubans I encountered (including myself) use Bastille instead (or together) with Vortex. No problems with loot, and match becomes a logistic task "shoot enemies fast enough to not let them overload the circle-of-nope". Much more dynamic, especially when it overflows at last.

Yeah, that's more fun.  I run into a mix of types though, about equal.  Some just use Bastille.  Others use the mix.  And some stack Vortexes.

I swear, some people are not going to be happy until we have 45 guns that have the same stats but just look different, and a roster of equally useless frames. 

Why is it when a frame gets a little attention, people freak out and want him or her "balanced?"  Controlling infested is the ONLY thing he is good at.  So you think because he is good at 1 thing, that he should be balanced?  I bet as soon as every frame sucks, and every weapon is the same, you'll complain there's not enough variety in the game, lol. 

To be clear, he's not calling for a nerf to Vaubans specifically, but rather to ultimates in general.  He's just using Vauban as an example.  He could just as well have been complaining about people looking for Trinities for the shield reactor event (and most of the time ignoring Mags).  Not that there's much point.  It would just shift the "must have" thing to other powers or Ogrid/Penta.

That said, if you believe that Vauban is only worth using against Infected, then it seems like you believe he isn't balanced, and that he should be adjusted.  Personally, I find Vauban handy against Grineer as well, mainly because Bastille is great against heavies.  Float, Napalm, float!  Oh, and he also does a number on the Hyena pack.  Do wish his zappy grenades were a bit more effective.  And the complete package does leave something to be desired for general gameplay.

Edited by Axterix13

Or locking down disarmed Corpus/Grineer when paired with a Loki.

But yes, Vauban is fine.