The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should De Provide An Auction System?

I feel an auction system would improve the way we trade significantly, as opposed to the ever sophisticated "wts.. wtb.. wtt" system we have in chat. Think mechanics similar to Forza, or Fifa. It will help clarify prices as comparison is made easier, and also would make it less of a chore.  Yes, this would render the trading kiosk pointless, but is this a better direction? Maybe the trading kiosk could become an 'auction kiosk' or something. What do you think?

It would be nice indeed, you don't need to spam the chat system with requests and offers, you simply post what you want to offer and users search for the item and bid on it, it's simple and effective.

Would speed up trading and in the end items would be sold for the highest amount and that's what we all want. (not that platinum is usefull for anything in the game once you do everything)

I feel an auction system would improve the way we trade significantly, as opposed to the ever sophisticated "wts.. wtb.. wtt" system we have in chat. Think mechanics similar to Forza, or Fifa. It will help clarify prices as comparison is made easier, and also would make it less of a chore.  Yes, this would render the trading kiosk pointless, but is this a better direction? Maybe the trading kiosk could become an 'auction kiosk' or something. What do you think?

Yes, they should.  I'd rather the game not have trading.  But, if you're going to do something, do it right.  If you're going to complicate the player's time, take the hassle out of it.  If you're going to complicate the damage model, take the hassle out of it.  Implement a suitable load out system.  Etc.  If you're going to have trading, take the hassle out of it.  Have an auction system or at least an automated trading system like Settlers Online where you list your items for sale and the price.  People can still trade without the auction or automated trade facilities if they want to haggle or what not.  But, I find trading to be a hassle.  I'd rather just list the item and come back when I can rather then spend time spamming chat/forums and all that.

Edited by ThePresident777

How is the chat a good option for trade?

I want to know the answer from the people that dont want any kind of option system

I dont want to hear any website or application outside of the game

They can screw newbies and sell stuff for ridiculous prices.

Honestly, I can't imagine any (valid) reason how auction could be worse than direct trades.

It's the buyer that decides if the amount given is fair, also, some players give items for free.

The main issue is the entire "buying for 10, selling for 20", because when you try to buy it, someone may outbid you with 20, making the attempts futile.

It will be way more dinamic, that will exclude wispers with plat offers that are hard to verify, if you see a bid, everyone knows someone did that specific bid, no need to ask around if the item is worth more or less, if you don't bid more then that person gets the item. It's fair.

The aution will make things convinient, but will be an easy way to get rid of junk you don't want so you can buy junk you want, it's fast and efficient.

Will it be very convinient? yes, that will kill the essence of the game (that it's a loot game), but that will only happen if you can dish out the plat.

For other kinds of trades (involving mods, bps, parts and plat) then the trading post will be necessary i guess.

It's not that i require it, but sometimes i would like to try and sell things for cheap or even give them away without going to the process of chating in the trading section.

Nope.. People would spend their time in action house reselling crap instead of playing + Economy would be destroyed

And people don't already spend their time in the trade chat repeatedly spamming huge lists instead of playing?

It's not that i require it, but sometimes i would like to try and sell things for cheap or even give them away without going to the process of chating in the trading section.

Why not both? Auction system would be there, But ofcourse the /trade/ chat would be there. After all, It's called 'Trade' Not, 'Sell'. That would be the auction house's job. The trading in the dojo would still be there and entirely valid for trading and giving things away.

Game improvements should be focused on giving players a better playing experience, not about giving traders better tools to exploit the RNG design flaws.

Trading is secondary to gameplay.

And there's already an auction house. It's called "Trading forum".

Why is it that only players who want to sell stuff ask for this? You won't see players looking for stuff asking for this, because we all know it would only hike prices.

Also: learn from other people's mistakes makes you wiser. Diablo 3 fiasco, etc.

Edited by Phantasmo

Nope.. People would spend their time in action house reselling crap instead of playing + Economy would be destroyed

Oh yeah sure like people DON'T! do that already! And auction house would be really nice for people such as my self who can't type very fast. And besides doing 50+ runs on T3 MD and not a single Boltor Prime BP and not a single person will trade for one. Every one only wants plat. So I still have to farm for the BP's I want any way. So take your "Their ruining my gameplay! like OMG!" some place else.

Why is it that only players who want to sell stuff ask for this? You won't see players looking for stuff asking for this, because we all know it would only hike prices.

How would it only hike prices?

I'm a buyer mainly, And I'd love to be able to just click buy on the lowest priced thing without having to stalk the trade chat, For however long until a good deal finally comes along. That's time i'm not in game because I'm watching chatframe.

As it is now, If you want something, And there's only one seller, He can sell it for however much he wants at\ that moment within a reasonable up'd range. Because he's the only one selling at the time. With an Auction house, Everyone sees everyone else's prices. And like normal economics work, People will put their prices lower then the last guy's lowest price, In an effort to be the one who is bought from first.

It's the buyer that decides if the amount given is fair

and how could he decide if he doesn't know about prices of other sellers? He just have to waste a lot of time, asking other people. And even then he still have no guarantee that price is fair.

also, some players give items for free.

nobody forbids using direct trades.

The main issue is the entire "buying for 10, selling for 20", because when you try to buy it, someone may outbid you with 20, making the attempts futile.

Issue? it's you, who trying to sell it more expensive / buy it cheaper than others.

Would it lower prices? Of course, because currently prices are inflated due to how horrible trade system is.

i'd prefer a proper buy/sell order system.

Agreed.  It would make things more organized.  I can't tell you guys how many times I posted "S>" or "Selling" only to have some poor dude that was no doubt burnt to a crisp from reading trade chat all evening try to sell me something.

If we could organize our offerings in an index for people to browse at their own leisure to purchase from us (even when we're offline) once the correct pricing criteria are met, it'd be awesome.

I'm really not looking to milk whatever prime parts I have for the maximum plat.  (that takes forever, and my time is worth more to me than a few plat.)  I just want to sell them off at reasonable price that's attractive to the buyer, yet worthwhile for me.

With an Auction house, Everyone sees everyone else's prices. And like normal economics work, People will put their prices lower then the last guy's lowest price, In an effort to be the one who is bought from first.

That was a joke right?