Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Iron Skin Sort Of Worked Like Snow Globe?

GONZI2013

Disclaimer : Before you start to rage in the comments please keep in mind that Rhino is NOT my main frame, so I could be wrong in what I say. The only reason I would like to see iron skin tweaked is because compared to other 'no damage taken' abilities iron skins is the weakest.

I don't know if many of you remember, but back in update 7 Rhino's iron skin was by far one of the best abilities in the game because it was duration based. Right now I wouldn't call iron skin bad but in wave 25+ on Pluto defense it will be taken out in a matter of seconds. I was thinking what if iron skin was a copy of Frost's snow globe? Or at least have it take your armor x2.5, or have the invulnerability for a few seconds where it adds to it's heath? I'm probably completely wrong on what I'm saying and that I have no idea on how to balance. But, you never know until you try.

Thoughts?

im sorry to be the one to tell you, but the game is not (and should not be) balanced around wave 25+ of pluto

iron skin doesnt need to work like snow globe, since it only has to protect you, while the globe has to not only protect you, but your teammates, your objective, and it is a much bigger target and is suspectible to more gunfire

iron skin is honestly great, almost too great, its one of the many skills that trivializes all the actual content of the game, and because of that is not in any need of buffs.

Thats the biggest problem in Warframe:missing Information...

For me who uses Rhino frequently it feels like every hotfix or patch nerfs the iron skin.

Nowadays Ironskin breaks damn easily and yeah actually if it got nerfed or reworked it should be in some Patchnote.

Disclaimer : Before you start to rage in the comments please keep in mind that Rhino is NOT my main frame, so I could be wrong in what I say. The only reason I would like to see iron skin tweaked is because compared to other 'no damage taken' abilities iron skins is the weakest.

I don't know if many of you remember, but back in update 7 Rhino's iron skin was by far one of the best abilities in the game because it was duration based. Right now I wouldn't call iron skin bad but in wave 25+ on Pluto defense it will be taken out in a matter of seconds. I was thinking what if iron skin was a copy of Frost's snow globe? Or at least have it take your armor x2.5, or have the invulnerability for a few seconds where it adds to it's heath? I'm probably completely wrong on what I'm saying and that I have no idea on how to balance. But, you never know until you try.

Thoughts?

IF DE wants to balance the game toward the higher difficulty levels then yes, Iron skin needs some sort of better scaling.

The same could be said for many of the powers in the game.

Unfortunately the better the powers scale to end game the more Overpowered they will seem in early to mid game.

This is because the scaling is all currently all based on the pips in the power mod itself and a focus mod.

Things that can easily be equipped very early on but dont keep growing later on.

im sorry to be the one to tell you, but the game is not (and should not be) balanced around wave 25+ of pluto

iron skin doesnt need to work like snow globe, since it only has to protect you, while the globe has to not only protect you, but your teammates, your objective, and it is a much bigger target and is suspectible to more gunfire

iron skin is honestly great, almost too great, its one of the many skills that trivializes all the actual content of the game, and because of that is not in any need of buffs.

How do you decide what level the game should be balanced around?

Ironskin is one of the strongest powers in this game, the ignore controls/knockdowns/disruptions/dots alone is powerful

that it doesn't scale to keep the current immortality past level 80 is FINE, none of the other frames scale up to level 80.

Make Loki decoy have 9000000000 hp, make saryn molt have 9999999999999 hp,

make frames shields go past 9000

then start on the iron skin QQ

There are already enough rhinos milling about because of ironskin

Iron Skin is way more than just the damage protection it affords. The ability to basically ignore enemy crowd-control abilities while its active is a massive game changer, and because it's not duration based as long as you can avoid damage you don't need to use much energy to maintain your protection. And in the majority of missions, Iron Skin has enough durability to still make Rhino the tankiest warframe.

none of the other frames scale up to level 80.

To clarify, that isn't entirely true.

Powers that aren't based on a numerical damage output or numerical damage absorption scale very well.

Like Nyx's chaos for example: It works well at any level because it's effect is just as effective against any level enemy. 

The thing is Iron Skill is worthless in high level play but is an EZ mode button in low/mid level play and there should be some middle ground.

none of the other frames scale up to level 80.

Untrue.

Few examples:

Trinity's Bless works just as good against lvl 9000+ enemies as against level 9 enemies as it absorbs infinite amounts DMG.

Loki/Ash's Inviso protects them all the same all the time as enemies simply don't target them.

Radial Disarm gets better the higher level you go as it takes away the guns of increasingly harder hitting enemies. 

Rhino's Iron skill set HP makes him "Press 2 to win" for low levels but paper mache for higher levels while Loki and Trinity laugh at him as they take 0 damage regardless of level.