Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know How In Dragon's Dogma You Can Climb Big Bosses And Stuff?

Beas7ie

I want to be able to do that with Melee 2.0.

Like say in Lephantis fight in stead of running around shooting at him, let us climb him and smack him with our laser swords and rocket hammers.

Cause we're ninjas and should be able to do that.

Or at least make melee actually do some damage to the bosses and stuff

Edited by Beas7ie

This is Warframe, not Dragon's Dogma.

Also...there are rocket hammers now?? since when? O: 

We're frekking Space Ninjas.  If a bigass boss monster pops up we should be able to climb or jump on it and cut it into little pieces. 

Right now melee does absolutely nothing to most bosses.

And Jat Kittag is rocket hammer.  It's pretty cool you should check it out.

Edited by Beas7ie

My thoughts precisely. Especially with golem, when grineer part smashes it's scythe into ground and stays stuck for a while-a part of scythe is actually climable... Guess what I tried to do when Lephantis was first introduced. Alas, not only are there no fancy animations involved, damage isn't even dealt.

We're frekking Space Ninjas.  If a bigass boss monster pops up we should be able to climb or jump on it and cut it into little pieces. 

Right no melee does absolutely nothing to most bosses.

And Jat Kittag is rocket hammer.  It's pretty cool you should check it out.

I haven't played since Zephyr came out, So I guess I'm missing out on a bit. 

True we should be able to do stuff like that because of the player being a space ninja. But asking for game mechanics of another game changes the game itself entirely. It's sort of like asking pokemon to be like grand theft auto. We are already beating up other people's pets and taking their money, but changing it's somewhat original ideas in game play to be like another game is just making it like the other game. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right but my main point is sure cross game mechanics would be awesome but it would stray from the original intents of the game. 

Edited by Renjenku

This is Warframe, not Dragon's Dogma.

True we should be able to do stuff like that because of the player being a space ninja. But asking for game mechanics of another game changes the game itself entirely.

People (including developers) get ideas and inspirations from all over the place.

Please just discuss the idea on its merits alone.

Edited by Ronyn

Lephantis was suggested to be a climbable boss back in it's early stages of development, it was briefly mentioned during one of the livestreams. I was sorely disappointed to learn that the boss didn't allow anything special, and what's more, doesn't even allow you to stand on it during it's second phase. As Zephyr I just fall straight off or through Lephantis.

As long as we're talking giant bosses though, the new Vay Hek is supposed to be of considerable size. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to get onto his back and hack off machinery or something along those lines?

Edit: information I had forgotten, a recent livestream discussing the mechanics of Melee 2.0 did suggest that you'll be able to melee Lephantis.

Edited by Wurdyburd

Lephantis was suggested to be a climbable boss back in it's early stages of development, it was briefly mentioned during one of the livestreams. I was sorely disappointed to learn that the boss didn't allow anything special, and what's more, doesn't even allow you to stand on it during it's second phase. As Zephyr I just fall straight off or through Lephantis.

As long as we're talking giant bosses though, the new Vay Hek is supposed to be of considerable size. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to get onto his back and hack off machinery or something along those lines?

Edit: information I had forgotten, a recent livestream discussing the mechanics of Melee 2.0 did suggest that you'll be able to melee Lephantis.

I'm glad to hear that they're looking in to it.

Hopefully they can pull it off.  I'd also like to see skills like Excalibur's slash dash be able to do damage to Lephantis too.  Maybe even if it has low enough health and if u aim it right you can take a head clean off.  That would be sweet.

If they do that then I might start doing OD runs again.