Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stug, Should I Stick With It?

Rawzberry

Herrow. 

So I got me the Stug not too long ago, and Iv'e gotta say it is absolutely so much FUN to use. 

Now, as fun as it is, I haven't been able to find the right mods for it...

If you could, I'd appreicate a guide-through on what sort of builds/mods I could go for.

Visuals work best for me. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Stug

^ you can use this :3

I currently have a Hornet Strike, Pathogen Rounds and Heated Charge on it. Ranked 30.

Also, I'm wondering wether I should put a potato on it or not... or if I should just go with another secondary for now, until I get the Despair. 

Ah, also, are there any other secondary weapons like this one? With big 'splosions, AOE and that are fun to use?

Thank you much for the help!

Edited by Rawzberry

The only other AOE secondary is the castanas  (sp??)

they are little kunai like throwing devices that stick to things and explode when you zoom in

that being said, never liked the stug because of its rapid fire explosions and how it shakes the heckie out of my screen but to each their own

I recently made a guide (i'm kinda slow i know :P)

I think it turned out good enough, feel free to check it out:

Link: 

Edit:

(Summary) Stug definitely deserves a potato and some formas, it capable to deal a lot of damage (really viable weapon for high levels) and has a good damage type to combine it with others. Drawbacks? Lag, mostly.

Edited by Riccoshot

I like to keep it for infested defense. It's a small aoe nuker gun.

Damage, Multishot, all the corrosive you can fit in it and some attack speed (Lethal Torrent is usually enough if you have it).

I have mine like this: http://goo.gl/okbcek

If I used a couple more formas I'd add.... fire? I don't know. It's good enough like this.

Stick. Hahahha.

The Stug is amazing, but you do need a potato and some forma to really start appreciating it.

Hornet

Multi shot

Lethal Torrent

Once you have those three, everything else is sweet, sweet, frosting.

I don't think you need lethal torrent. It's easy enough to hit max size with just multi, and if you fully charge, barrel diffusion will give max size,

The only other AOE secondary is the castanas  (sp??)

they are little kunai like throwing devices that stick to things and explode when you zoom in

B-b-b-but they cost a formaaaa! And I dun't wanna waste mah formas just yet...

that being said, never liked the stug because of its rapid fire explosions and how it shakes the heckie out of my screen but to each their own

I like the rapid fire, permits me to attack in more then just one place at a time, to kill multiple enemies at a time, before hiding behind mah safe place and watch them die.  Also, I love how it shakes. Drives my clannies nuts, which I find hilarious.

I recently made a guide (i'm kinda slow i know :P)

I think it turned out good enough, feel free to check it out:

Link: /snip/

Edit:

(Summary) Stug definitely deserves a potato and some formas, it capable to deal a lot of damage (really viable weapon for high levels) and has a good damage type to combine it with others. Drawbacks? Lag, mostly.

Wow, that was really interesting. Thank you for that. Helped greatly.

Though, if I have one complaint, and to help you out with your next videos; at first, I found the voice software-thing you used really interesting and unique, but then after awhile, when the pace and tone got old, it got kind of annoying and it was hard for me to concentrate. Might have also been because I was really tired...

But anyways, thanks for the link, lots of info in there, and the visual editing was well done as well.

I like to keep it for infested defense. It's a small aoe nuker gun.

Damage, Multishot, all the corrosive you can fit in it and some attack speed (Lethal Torrent is usually enough if you have it).

I have mine like this: http://goo.gl/okbcek

If I used a couple more formas I'd add.... fire? I don't know. It's good enough like this.

So, you use a charged build. Don't you find the charge time annoying? And would you add a modd to increase it's charge speed?

I see what you did there!

;)

Edited by Rawzberry

So, you use a charged build. Don't you find the charge time annoying? And would you add a modd to increase it's charge speed?

I actually prefer popping shots all over an area, but partially charging it is useful if you are a quick learner. You can charge it just enough to kill an ancient for example!

I find Lethal Torrent is enough for my charging needs (it takes a bit under 2 seconds) but I rarely ready up a fully charged shot.

The Stug's charge mechanics are wonky though. You lose the ammo if you cancel it, and the crosshairs and weapon animation don't seem to be affected by rate of fire mods.

I actually prefer popping shots all over an area, but partially charging it is useful if you are a quick learner. You can charge it just enough to kill an ancient for example!

I find Lethal Torrent is enough for my charging needs (it takes a bit under 2 seconds) but I rarely ready up a fully charged shot.

The Stug's charge mechanics are wonky though. You lose the ammo if you cancel it, and the crosshairs and weapon animation don't seem to be affected by rate of fire mods.

You sure? I've noticed a clear increase in charge speed in my Stug after putting on Gunslinger and Lethal Torrent.

You sure? I've noticed a clear increase in charge speed in my Stug after putting on Gunslinger and Lethal Torrent.

In charge speed yes, but all indicators don't seem to be affected (afaik). The weapon animation always plays at normal speed, and I remember the circle around the crosshair filling up even after it was done charging (after it's done draining ammo).