The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Want's De To Have A Pet?

billthebetta

Office cats might be a nice idea. I know for sure, that there are library cats out there, so the concept works. You'd have to tell all employees not to bring treats, else the cats will be round as balls, but apart from that, they might be a nice addition to the team. And they could even help the animators with new wildlife (for the scene in How to train your dragon, when Toothless gets his new tail-wing for the first time, one animator brought his cat and stuck a ball of tape to its tail).

ok how about this, the DE office pet is a hayabusa (falcon) - the fastest animal in the world ! (fish and insects aside)

35224j5.jpg

not only would it kill vermin around the office and gouge out the eyes of employees it disliked but it would be symbolic of DEs lighting speed at fixing bugs, releasing new and exciting content, and pushing the boundaries of independent video game development 

Did you just suggest this because it's the same as your name?

ok how about this, the DE office pet is a hayabusa (falcon) - the fastest animal in the world ! (fish and insects aside)

35224j5.jpg

not only would it kill vermin around the office and gouge out the eyes of employees it disliked but it would be symbolic of DEs lighting speed at fixing bugs, releasing new and exciting content, and pushing the boundaries of independent video game development 

that's not a hayabusa dude XD, thats a peragrin falcon, and yes, its in canada.

The problem with that scenario is that it's a work place and everyone doesn't feel the same way about certain domesticated pets.

You can't make "liking cats" a fair part of the job description.

Likewise, it's not good for the pet, if it's just one, in a setting like that.

This is an issue I'm very familiar with sadly...

Frankly, I'd be surprised if their Creative staff hadn't already floated this idea around at some point.

Yeah Grizzly Bears are a west coast animal and maybe a lil to big and Polar Bears are too far north and protected to boot, a Black Bear might work you can find em' here in Ontario. Beavers and Bobcats as well, I'm honestly surpriesd no one said Moose which you can find here too but in small numbers sadly.