The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn.

jellysnake

Saryn needs two things.

One:

Venom.

It needs to be changed. I understand it crashed computers before. But it still needs a buff.

Instead of spreading when shot, it should spread upon the units death. It should have a 20% spread chance and be upgraded to 60-70% at max rank.

Two.

Contagion needs to have one of two things done to it.

a. It effects all weapons

b. It effects the team, like Volt Speed.

This would make Saryn back to what she should be.

Thank you for reading.

Venom 

Totally agree with this one. It feels like a very laboured ability that is not that flexible to use. It plays like banshees sonar but gives less result. 

Contagion 

Effects all weapons? Do you mean guns to? That would be terribly overpowered. A flat extra toxin damage for all weapons but make Saryn the best frame in game. If it then applied to the teams as well that would be devastating. 

However I like the team bit. Giving all allies within 20 yards the buff would be nice as it would allow Saryn to synergise with allies. E.g. Volt speed gives melee speed and Saryn gives the Toxin damage then Rhinos roar buffs the groups damage further. 

I think Saryn is a frame that will gain a lot in melee 2.0 so we will have to wait and see. If it is easy to use combos to pop venoms on targets while keeping contagion up and mashing enemies with a Orthos, then Saryn might a nice niece as a new melee frame. 

Ofc we shall have to wait and see... 

Im hoping tonight we will be told that melee 2.0 is coming next week... 

SOON SOON

Edited by MDRLOz

I agree. Something should be done to make her at least preferable by more people. No need to make her another nova.

Venom: I like the shooting to spread part; it shouldn't spread automatically. Spread upon death would make it very much useful and usable. New players need a while to understand what it does even.

Contagion: How would that work? Channeling poison into your bullets? Doesn't make sense somehow. Poisoned blade makes sense. Plus, suppose I use only 1 single element on my secondary, let's just say to make space for magazine/other utility mods. Then contagion would combine toxin with that element to form whatever combined element I do not need. This MAY open up new game play alternatives though. So IDK would like to give it a shot.

Miasma: It never procs. So after actually being effective against a certain part of 1 faction it has not much utility to offer. Buff proc chance. Plus I was thinking that enemies standing close to each other might take added damage from each other (when they try to exhale the poison)

Or attack each other under the effect of the poison for just a little while (while taking damage). While they are attacking under the effect of Miasma they will all deal added toxin damage from all their attacks (even to the players!??)

You're preaching to the choir.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197082-how-to-make-saryns-moltcontagion-useful-serious/?hl=saryn

There was another one which I really liked but i cant find it.  maybe they delete them after awhile.

Also ive made two myself.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/181956-perfect-buffsaryn

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178099-we-are-venomsaryn-rework-rantsuggestion/

anyway, i doubt theyre going to do any major changes on old frames anytime soon... especially on a frame whose suggested changes no one can agree on.

Edited by Raileks

...Plus, suppose I use only 1 single element on my secondary, let's just say to make space for magazine/other utility mods. Then contagion would combine toxin with that element to form whatever combined element I do not need. This MAY open up new game play alternatives though. So IDK would like to give it a shot...

Contagion already does that.

To clarify for those who aren't following. Having only electricity on your melee wep, will yield corrosive while contagion is active and etc.

Contagion 

Effects all weapons? Do you mean guns to? That would be terribly overpowered. A flat extra toxin damage for all weapons but make Saryn the best frame in game. If it then applied to the teams as well that would be devastating. 

I agree that if it effected all weapons and the team that would be to much.

That's why I said or.

You're preaching to the choir.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197082-how-to-make-saryns-moltcontagion-useful-serious/?hl=saryn

There was another one which I really liked but i cant find it.  maybe they delete them after awhile.

Also ive made two myself.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/181956-perfect-buffsaryn

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178099-we-are-venomsaryn-rework-rantsuggestion/

anyway, i doubt theyre going to do any major changes on old frames anytime soon... especially on a frame whose suggested changes no one can agree on.

I actually did have a look at what other people had written and found two of those threads.

I know that a lot of people want buff for Saryn and now that crowd got a little bigger.

Hopefully DE will do something about her.

Agreed to venom spreading upon death,I'm always having hard time shooting the spores

As for contagion my "imagination" were what if contagion adding poison aoe explosion+poison hazard on gunshots during duration? And giving melee more dmg and range during duration?

Definitely agree that Venom spores should spread on death rather than from shooting them. However, if you do shoot them they should create a small explosion that deals a moderate amount of Viral damage, making it still beneficial to aim at them.

As for Contagion, it could possibly work for guns as well as melee weapons, though the damage boost for guns would have to be very minor so that it's not OP. I would like to see Contagion made into a team buff though.

Being perhaps Saryn's only viable late game ability. Wouldn't the idea of spreading spores only upon death harm the usefulness of the ability?

Spores should spread when shot and when the enemy affected is dead. 

Spread chance should be 100% either way. Viral Proc chance should be the value that increases when upgraded.

Venom works as now, plus spreading automatically on death. Perhaps more duration is lost when they spread on death to make it still beneficial to shoot at them.

Contagion should add a little damage across the board (maybe 15% to non-melee), and possibly give Saryn some kind of leech-life effect, increasing survivability. Giving her a gun buff isn't OP; Rhino has Roar, right?

Personally, I think Molt should shed debuffs and procs, and possibly heal Saryn for 25 or so when used.