The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since We Are Moving To Statless Helms...

DuWryght

Can we get a last hoorah on alerts for the existing helms? I almost have them all, but would like to nab a few more. Alerts that don't give a bp, forma, or potato are pretty useless (credit rewards over 7k I suppose is something....).

If anything, alerts should come out 2 at a time. 1 for the fledgling players and one for the more advanced. Obviously, the advanced alerts give the non-credit rewards.

I need credits..

modding and building aint cheap! (plus i need those nightmare/aura mods)

I dunno if they mean they will be retiring helmets from alerts all together but I am not opposed to one last cycle through all the stated helmets

I missed the Livestream, but I assume that they're removing the stats from helmets that presently do have them and retiring helmets from alerts then? And what of the stat alterations themselves? Will they be incorporated into a non-cosmetic item or just removed entirely?

I missed the Livestream, but I assume that they're removing the stats from helmets that presently do have them and retiring helmets from alerts then? And what of the stat alterations themselves? Will they be incorporated into a non-cosmetic item or just removed entirely?

If you already have a stated helmet, you get to keep them

and I assume later on (if they hold up what was said) you will get a blueprint allowing you to make a statless helmet of the same design

otherwise all the stat helmets are being removed from cycle and replaced with statless ones

I understanded from their talk, these are exact words from scott  BETA you were there if you own it (helm with old stats) Congratulations

Other helms will be retired probably and they spoken about re release of same helms but without stats.

I dont lie.

Edited by SALE94

If you already have a stated helmet, you get to keep them

and I assume later on (if they hold up what was said) you will get a blueprint allowing you to make a statless helmet of the same design

otherwise all the stat helmets are being removed from cycle and replaced with statless ones

Sounds neat.

Although the only problem I foresee is that us players with stat boosting helmets will always have an edge over anyone who wasn't around to acquire the stat-versions of the helmets unless, again, they release some non-cosmetic items for players to purchase (with credits) to give them a stat boost as well.

May not be too big an issue, but some of those stats boosts can go quite a long way (*cough*Vanguard helmet*cough*).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

No why are people so worried loki is better solo survival frame can beat longer, survive longer have better defense cc that can be spammed constantly.

Why rhinos speed hurts many so much. i love both of them.

Rhino will still die more fast usualy.

Loki is not flash,  or Impulse, loki is invisible predator.

And rhino is stereotype fatass mussle guy who gains speed after drinking magic potion(or in this case wearing helmet with less metal and antenas with wifi)

Edited by SALE94

Although the only problem I foresee is that us players with stat boosting helmets will always have an edge over anyone who wasn't around to acquire the stat-versions of the helmets unless, again, they release some non-cosmetic items for players to purchase (with credits) to give them a stat boost as well.

May not be too big an issue, but some of those stats boosts can go quite a long way (*cough*Vanguard helmet*cough*).

Helmets that present a worthwhile/noticeable effect:

- Vanguard (Rhino) +speed

- Essence (Loki) +efficiency

- Swindle (Loki) +range

- Coil (Mag) +range

- Vespa (Nyx) +efficiency

- Aura (Trinity) +duration

- Pulse (Volt) +duration

All the other helmets gave you a miniscule amount of energy, health, shield, strength or stamina. These helmets weren't that great unless you were stacking the stat. And even with the stat stacking, you'd only acquire 10%-15% strength/stamina, or an orb's worth of energy, HP or shielding.

Not too noticeable, if you ask me.

/2 cents

*Frost's +armor helmet is, to some degree, useful. Namely because it can now add HP to his globe.*

Question: I have several unbuilt helm BPs, when this happens and I build the helmets will I get statted helm or non-statted ones?

you need too craft them and claim before change.

And you will have stat version.

Edited by SALE94

-snip-

Agreed, a lot of the helmets are sorta meh, it's mainly those seven that make a bit of difference since they actually boost something particularly beneficial to those characters (plus some of them aren't too shabby looking either).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Helmets that present a worthwhile/noticeable effect:

- Vanguard (Rhino) +speed

- Essence (Loki) +efficiency

- Swindle (Loki) +range

- Coil (Mag) +range

- Vespa (Nyx) +efficiency

- Aura (Trinity) +duration

- Pulse (Volt) +duration

All the other helmets gave you a miniscule amount of energy, health, shield, strength or stamina. These helmets weren't that great unless you were stacking the stat. And even with the stat stacking, you'd only acquire 10%-15% strength/stamina, or an orb's worth of energy, HP or shielding.

/2 cents

*Frost's +armor helmet is, to some degree, useful. Namely because it can now add HP to his globe.*

Saryn's -duration helm makes her ult deal more damage, as well.

I'm guessing what they're planning to do is separate the bonuses from the helms; you'll be able to use the vanguard helm speed boost without wearing the helmets. Perhaps the helmet boosts will be replaced by the new feature incoming that lets you use mastery gained past rank 30 on a weapon or frame.

Edited by 00zau

I understanded from their talk, these are exact words from scott  BETA you were there if you own it (helm with old stats) Congratulations

Other helms will be retired probably and they spoken about re release of same helms but without stats.

I dont lie.

Interesting, I have most of the Stat helms already, but would the stats remaining on the existing helms be permanent, or a stop gap measure until they get the focus system in place. I can well see helms like Vanguard being stupidly powerful if combined with the incoming focus mechanics.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

/2 cents

Would disagree on the benefit of the power ones.  They help.  And statistically speaking, they help more when you aren't stacking power (but if you aren't stacking power, it is because power isn't that worthy of a stat for that frame).  And you're missing another speed one.  Saryn's might not be borked like Vanguard, but it is still nice and noticeable.  So I'd tack on:

- Storm (Volt) +10% power - run faster, do more damage

- Hemlock (Saryn) + 10% Speed.  Sure, not borked like Vanguard, but still nice.

- Squall (Frost) +15% power - more globe hp, more damage

Those two power helms due to the frames they go with.  Excal's Pendragon helm with its 15% power is probably worth getting/keeping as well, in case they ever fix up Radial Javelin.

Edited by Axterix13

Interesting, I have most of the Stat helms already, but would the stats remaining on the existing helms be permanent, or a stop gap measure until they get the focus system in place. I can well see helms like Vanguard being stupidly powerful if combined with the incoming focus mechanics.

If they're smart, they won't make them stack with the Focus system.  It'll just take whichever bonus is higher of the two.  That way, they avoid ticking people off who have the old helms*, while keeping the playing field relatively level.  They just become a bit of a time-saver, one that comes with a drawback, rather than a stat bonus others can never obtain.

*Except for Vanguard.  That should be nerfed, whether we get ticked off or not.  And the small quantity of people who will whine regardless, of course.

Edited by Axterix13

I think when people complain about the stat bonuses, it's always the Bacon helm which comes to mind(the other helms aren't actually that bad), that thing's an abomination.

I have it, and never use it. Hell, I don't use Rhino, out of 11 frames Rhino has accounted for just 5% of my playtime, the bulk being with Nyx, Volt, Oberon and Mag

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

For me I simply want all stated helmets removed and replaced with statless helmets... Why cause there just cosmetics and since they stoped doing stated helmets for new Warframes and such I find it kinda stupid.

So it's one or the other, put stats on all helmets or remove stats on all helmets not halfs and NO not both statless and stated as that would make it pointless and in some cases, confusing.

If you see a reason that stated helmets should stay or there should be both stated and statless then please explain why as I don't see any point for them as there purely cosmetics imo.

Edited by Kutsuu