Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Create A Tenno Tune Contest!

[DE]Megan

https://soundcloud.com/dj-comet-1/indoctrination

Here's my entry!

I always felt like the Corpus would have music full of saws, especially deep saws driving the beat, so here's my take on some frame rescue music :)

ps: Is there a way I could get that splash image for the contest without the text on it? Would make an awesome cell background :)

Muito Legal" Cool " Nice" Good luck" Nice Job"

"The Naga Drums (Fall of an Empire)"

by DJ Redwire

Submission link: https://soundcloud.com/dj_redwire/tenno-tune-contest-submission

Hello again friends, it's good to be here finally. You may recognize me as the winner of a particular past Prime Time contest: A Haunting Encounter. This has been a long life passion of mine, and I'm exceeding excited to share that with this awesome community. 

Needless to say I had a blast doing this contest, as I'm sure my fellow producers here have. After I'm done posting this, I look forward to combing through the thread and listening to all your submissions and hearing the boundless talent you have all brought to the table. To all that have posted and plan to post soon, may the odds be forever in your favor!

DJ_Redwire

About the submission:

Ever since I started playing Warframe, one of the main draws to it for me has been the music. Likewise, given my list of interests, it usually what draws my attention in any medium - whether it movies, games, sports, ect. Having studied music extensively both formally at school and informally on my own time since I was very little, I've learned that simplicity is king when it comes to drawing in an audience in a way that they likely will never even begin to understand. Whether it's Bach, Daft Punk, or everything in between, the ideal holds true, and has been so for hundreds of years. The most recognizable and catchy songs and phrases are often the simplest, ranging from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Gangnam Style. The composer who can create that one simple, yet brilliant melody or riff is often remembered and replayed for countless generations.

What does all this have to do with Warframe's music? Well, those that are relatively familiar with the game's score will know it resides one, simple rhythmic passage. Just five beats. Yet these five beats can summarize an entire immersive experience into a fantasy world that is beyond measure. Upon hearing this minuscule phrase, we can recall an infinite number of images and emotions that we associate with the game. It is a universe all its own that music ferries us into.

I attempted to capture even just a portion of that universe in my track by emulating that very same rhythm, and then expanding on it in my own way. Similarly, the lore is something that has drawn me to the game, or rather the mystery of it. The event in the lore I decided to focus on was the fall of the Orokin Empire. I then shaped the music in such a way as to recreate the set of emotions that would coincide with such an event. Supposedly we, the Tenno, brought down the Orokins by our own hand, according to the Stalker. I thought to myself, perhaps the Lotus drove us to do it? Thus, after the intro of the track, I inserted the Lotus's line "It is time, Tenno." after the "last beat" that the Stalker refers to, as if the Lotus is signaling the Tenno to begin the slaughter of the Orokins. That is all I will explain in terms of what I imagined while piecing this track together, and leave the rest to the creative minds of all who listen. 

Lastly, as many of you know I, and many others, are very familiar with the art of production and its tools. In the Haunting contest, and as some have mentioned already, we producers whom have sufficient knowledge and experience in the art have been labeled as having an advantage over those that have never produced music before. In light of this, I decided to willingly put myself at a disadvantage. If you listen to my other works on my SoundCloud page, you will notice that I am Trance producer.

This is my first Drum & Bass track that I have ever produced, meaning I did not previously have any of the skills necessary to produce Drum & Bass on a regular basis. I therefore used this contest as a way to expand my horizons, and show people that even people with thousands of dollars invested in equipment and software don't necessarily win contests because they did so, but rather the quality of the content they produced.  

Technical specifications:

DAW (Digital Audio Workstation): Cubase Artist 7.5

Sampled Audio Content: Lotus Line, Singular taiko drum hit - all other audio elements were synthesized originally or sampled from Public Domain content in compliance with CC (Creative Commons).

File : 160 Bpm, 320 kbps, .MP3, 1 minute : 37 seconds

I had to say, there's really great tune around here. I have never participate any music contest before, but i don't want to miss this opportunity, so here's my submission.

TENNO'S AWOKEN - Starsonata10:

https://soundcloud.com/starsonata10/tennos-awoken

~Original work - Used my old project, change a bit and added some warframe sound
~2 min long
~Self made
~Warframe Sound used:
- Alarm Alert - It Is Time Tenno
- Alarm Alert - Somethings Happening Tenno
- Alarm Alert - Tenno You Are Needed
- Alarm Alert - Wake Up Tenno
- Lotus Introduction Transmission

Edited by Starsonata10

Here's my entry! Best I could do on short notice.
https://soundcloud.com/joey-zero-jishk/get-to-extraction

(Expect a youtube video to come as well)

It's mostly speedcore. With a few dubstep'ish elements. Also, I broke out my guitars for this one.

Explanation:
This song is largely speedcore because I've been on a speedcore tangent lately, and that has ALWAYS been my music of preference when playing warframe because it jives well with how I feel about the game. Also, I wrote most of this about 'shoten no jutsu', which I've read is short for 'the ninja art of wall-running'. Extra-appropriate.

Edited by JoeyZero

Hello, everyone. Here's my stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/apmiiib/dawn-of-the-tenno

("APMIIIB" is my other alias. So yeah, the channel's mine.)

The only sounds I used were the ones the given fansite kit had.(I don't know if I could find other audio, or extract some from the game files.)

But I used so many I was worried the result might get too messy.

I used my own sound synth (in C++) that I wrote before. But then, there wasn't much to synth.

Essentially this is a track that uses many WarFrame ability SFX as percussion.

I don't know if I'm the first (or the last) to do this though; I didn't have the time to listen to/read the previous entries. :(

My only trouble was with the 2-min limit. This kinda feels too short.

I might expand this after the contest.

By the way, I wonder if we can get a compilation of all our entries for download. I'd like to have something to add to my progressively boring playlist. :))

good luck / happy listening

This ^ is golden ! I hope it wins !

I'm glad you all like it, but "For the Queens!" is NOT MY CONTEST ENTRY.

It is longer than two minutes and has no Warframe related sounds in it. I made this a long time ago and was already featured in Prime Time.

My submission for the contest is "A Favour for Darvo" which I posted here before.

I just want to clear up all the confusion.

Edited by MaceWindows