Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Create A Tenno Tune Contest!

[DE]Megan

I don't understand the whole dubstep hate going on here. Yeah it's everywhere (since it went kind of pop) and and every kid with FL and Massive thinks that automating 2 knobs makes him the master producer, but that S#&$ takes enormous amount of effort and skill to be done properly. Not that i'm defending it everyone has his own taste. 
So here i present you my last minute entry.
It's an epic dnB tune made for just 2 hours so excuse the S#&$ty mix and master. (well it's not that S#&$ty but i have some standards)
I'll let you hunt the fan kit sounds. There are tons of them inside. Some are obvious others are resampled to match the notes.   
Tools used:
StudioOne v2 
Massive (duh!)
Virus TI Snow
Rob Papen Blue II (that's the first time i use this, ITS AWESOME)
Tone2 Gladiator 2
Albion 3 Iceni (just for 2 notes kind of a overkill, BUT ITS SO EPIC)

It's awesome man, it's is my personal winner, good luck !! :)

I'm not sure why there is so much dubstep hate going on but my theory is that 

even though dubstep takes a skill to make, its less admirable than the skill of 

a person who actually plays 1 or more musical instruments since some take 

many many years to learn and someone could learn to make a dubstep song 

within an exponentially shorter time. 

I think there is some resentment from musicians towards dj's for that reason. 

There some difference between a producer / musician and a DJ. The DJ only plays/mixes music thats it. Musician is something different. I'm producing all sorts of genres for almost 15 years now (and still learning new tricks in sound design .. that about the many many years). I'm not a good piano player but i can read notes and play them correctly. That's enough for me to use my midi keyboard and all my virtual instruments. So technically i'm playing an instrument but i don't consider myself a musician. What a paradox :D