The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Rhino Now.

dasimBaa

It's weird i like his Style, like i picked him as first Warframe because he is that bulky get in the face of enemies type of warframe.
With that in my head i was able to ignore that his damage isn't he greatest i don't care about that.
But as level 50-60 things basically kill you just as fast as anything else why would you pick a guy that deals less damage than other.
It feels like Warframe is only Damage + CC. Frost is a good Tank.. he can negate enough incoming damage for the team, he kind of outshines Rhino as a Tank.
Rhino doesn't feel like a Tank to me just because he has iron skin on low-mid level and then to maybe not get onehit by napalm but twohit.

He is hardly a tank imo.. i feel as though his ability set is kinda meh.
Or is that really just me?

And now please Rhino fanbois don't drop the Fanboy nuke on this thread. Stay objective.

I am not a 'rhino fanboy', but with certain builds (efficiency skin and stomp), the cc, along with layer of armour is enough to make him tank.  Honestly, I think the only true tank is trinity.  Rhino is a straight knight warframe.  boost team damage, has his own defences, then two means of cc (rhinocharge due to knockdown, and rhino stomp).  

Just making sure, but are you using focus and/or blinding rage to buff his iron skin?

Of course i have dude haha but it's like ..... that's all? He is "tank-ish" Maybe i can take more damage than others .. but that's not all a tank is supposed to do usually is it? Maybe i'm just kind of getting burned out of Rhino or something but yea..

He's got a higher armor rating than any other warframe.

He has equal armor to Frost, and Valkyr has way more.

On topic:  Yes, Rhino isn't really the "tank" in the usual sense of someone that absorbs damage for the team, but more of a Berserker.  A unit that can charge recklessly into enemies and come out on top.  While some frames may be able to outshine him in pure damage, he can take much more abuse, buff the team, and use great CC to keep tough targets locked down.  He's an extremely versatile frame.

Yea i understand that he is versatile with his CC and buffs and stuff. I understand that, but was this actually the way DE wanted him to make? I was reading every description summary of all warframes and his was like "Rhino is the bulky type and uses Defense and Offensive blabla" Where is that? He is like a support now which i find strange personally.

He has equal armor to Frost, and Valkyr has way more.

On topic:  Yes, Rhino isn't really the "tank" in the usual sense of someone that absorbs damage for the team, but more of a Berserker.  A unit that can charge recklessly into enemies and come out on top.  While some frames may be able to outshine him in pure damage, he can take much more abuse, buff the team, and use great CC to keep tough targets locked down.  He's an extremely versatile frame.

The berzerker is Valkyr. LOL Valkyr again.

Umm.... Valkyr has more than triple his lol....

Which doesn't make sense looking at the frame, which has it's armor stripped off. Higher stats than the rest of the frames? Shields, maybe. Stamina, maybe. Power, definitely. Possibly even health. But armor? Armor should be almost non-existent on that frame.

Is someone seriously trying to say that Rhino is weaker than Frost?

Apparently someone clearly missed the point by not using his brain while reading.

I never said he is worse than Frost i said Frost is the better tank

Which doesn't make sense looking at the frame, which has it's armor stripped off. Higher stats than the rest of the frames? Shields, maybe. Stamina, maybe. Power, definitely. Possibly even health. But armor? Armor should be almost non-existent on that frame.

This. All of this. It boggles my mind everytime I look at her. I cannot understand why the berserker has more armor than the tank.

This. All of this. It boggles my mind everytime I look at her. I cannot understand why the berserker has more armor than the tank.

Because her shields are abysmally low, and without the extremely high armor values, she would simply fall over dead whenever she isn't in Hysteria.

every frame will be weaker when lvl 50~60 comes around, except.

being invisible, invincible. thats a tank on those levels.

for me rhino is just a crowd control on those levels - 

No no don't get me wrong i know that warframes can't perform at their full potential anymore when higher levels are coming in.

But from a tanking machine becoming a crowd controlling support degrated is somewhat weird.

Looks like they didn't balance this game for endgame to me. Yet atleast.

No no don't get me wrong i know that warframes can't perform at their full potential anymore when higher levels are coming in.

But from a tanking machine becoming a crowd controlling support degrated is somewhat weird.

Looks like they didn't balance this game for endgame to me. Yet atleast.

End-game to DE is levels 30-45, not 50-60.