Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stick Together. A Small Rant About Survivals.

Herbaderbalist

Now I know that this may be a "well duh", but seriously. Unless I ask specifically for my survival groups to stick together and not mess with the life support when we're at 80-90%, it's like people go full retard.

So now, I tell people to stay the heck away from life support and let me take care of it.

That has worked for the most part. My problem now is people being room heroes. Now, I understand that sticking together can be somewhat boring...

But 9/10 I get a group, they separate into different rooms, loot drops are freaking everywhere across the map, people die and then complain when no one comes and rez's them.

Meanwhile, I'm running around trying to get all the loot and keeping tabs on the life support. It's incredibly frustrating to have to leave a survival (that I used my key for) at 10-15 minutes because people are causing me to run around for loot the whole time.

tl;dr: Tired of babysitting survivals because people want to be room heroes and jackasses.

Edited by Letter13
removing profanity

Stop taking un-experienced people from recruiting chat.

Also with the so called Room Heroes thing sure Mobile defence and defence I can see why this would be a problem but in survival it is essential for long runs you have to hunt for the enemies for the whole mission. You want loot or XP go to defence were the mission is centred around a single point usually in a large room. 

I have have mostly good experiences even if it's from recruiting channel but there's that odd one out that i run into like one guy joined my T3 survival with a level 3 Nyx. I didn't think there is such a thing as room heroes in survival as long as people look out for the life support.

Starting today I will intentionally join public survivals, run around map killing with AoE builds while too far to share xp and then race to extract by myself.

Also when I die, I will call my team noobs for not reviving me.

HUZZAH.

p.s. They're right, go find a clan, mate.

Stop taking un-experienced people from recruiting chat.

Also with the so called Room Heroes thing sure Mobile defence and defence I can see why this would be a problem but in survival it is essential for long runs you have to hunt for the enemies for the whole mission. You want loot or XP go to defence were the mission is centred around a single point usually in a large room. 

And how am I supposed to know that people are experienced or not? By the gear they have? I have seen people with fully decked out weapons (the one's that require mastery 6+) and they still do this. I stay away from people that have usernames that are obviously made by young kids, etc. 

There is no true indication of experience/skill in this game. 

As far as your second point, I understand this. However, when you have 3 other people who are in different rooms that are entirely on opposing sides of the map... how are you supposed to deal with that? I'm not talking about groups that split up to rooms that are right next to each other. That's manageable. Not having a scrub Loki or Nova across the map trying to solo an entire massive room, only to die and then *@##$ at the two other people who actually stuck together. 

So let me ask you this: Would you rather have loot (which is why I run survivals) spread across the entire map so you have to constantly run around trying to keep up...OR, would you rather have the loot distributed between 2-3 rooms that are in relative vicinity to each other? 

Starting today I will intentionally join public survivals, run around map killing with AoE builds while too far to share xp and then race to extract by myself.

Also when I die, I will call my team noobs for not reviving me.

HUZZAH.

p.s. They're right, go find a clan, mate.

I do have a clan, they just play a little bit later. I like to get on a bit earlier to do some things by myself/the community. I have had a lot of positive experiences with others outside of my clan, so I like to not restrict myself. 

And how am I supposed to know that people are experienced or not? By the gear they have? I have seen people with fully decked out weapons (the one's that require mastery 6+) and they still do this. I stay away from people that have usernames that are obviously made by young kids, etc. 

There is no true indication of experience/skill in this game. 

As far as your second point, I understand this. However, when you have 3 other people who are in different rooms that are entirely on opposing sides of the map... how are you supposed to deal with that? I'm not talking about groups that split up to rooms that are right next to each other. That's manageable. Not having a scrub Loki or Nova across the map trying to solo an entire massive room, only to die and then $#*(@ at the two other people who actually stuck together. 

So let me ask you this: Would you rather have loot (which is why I run survivals) spread across the entire map so you have to constantly run around trying to keep up...OR, would you rather have the loot distributed between 2-3 rooms that are in relative vicinity to each other? 

Usually rank 10+ people are a bit more chill and know what to do in a Survival/MD/D map easily, usually.  However most groups im in pair off into a 'buddy' system.  2 people minimal to a room and that usually is enough to prevent catastrophic issues AND it allows one group to stay in a highly Life support module populated area and the other two to get the one that is across the map and return to a closer location if there are no other far off Life support modules.

I can't say i've ever joined a group where someone kept hitting the life support at 80, 90, etc. So i can't say i relate to you.

About the "survival room heros thing", i honestly don't agree. For like the first 20-30 minutes, survival usually isn't too tough. So in most groups i join, we'll usually just run off and do our own thing while meeting up in each others rooms every few minutes to check any loot that may have dropped until about 30 mins in when we have to start sticking together. I also ask the people i'm with to waypoint any rare mods and haven't had any problems so far.

Edited by LegendOfAB

Well since it is your key, why don't you just Abort the mission if people are idiots or starting extraction when you do not want to leave?

If the key holder Aborts the mission everyone gets booted, end of mission no lost key.

When I run Survivals, I run with clan mates and we agree ahead of time what the extraction criteria is (Prime part we are farming @20 or Abort mission normally) and we arrange to swap locations 5 min before extraction so we all get the loot.

I have a lot of the same problems when I am trying to level a weapon for mastery rank. Still managed to get my rank 15 but it was such a pain for more than one reason. OP's reasons are a big part of that. I don't even try talking anymore, it seems pointless. All anyone cares about is their stupid stats and getting kills. Like as though it really matters at Mastery rank 6 and below or at all for that matter. 

This is sorta common in survivals? i am just glad i am not a fan of one, since i only grind in that mission type unless i need stuff from there for anything i have to use for.

J/k hahaha, now click the next spoiler tag would ya.

Well yeah, this is almost common while even taking PUG's especially in-experienced players with weak weps and no decent ones to even use, and yet they try a mission like this, which is not even a planet one, but higher level than normal ones they have ever met. I am just glad i didn't meet them everytime, it's always best to bring friends or your clanmates for these runs, or you could always find here since community in forums are more well known than in-gamers obviously, so yeah that's also one-way for you have to meet less or no troubles :)

the event survival was much better for this. Hard to be a room hero when there's only one room.

Also the spawns were much, much better.

Yeah, that event, was the best event ever, also it was a " true survival mode ".

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

The way I see it:

1.   Get a good Nekro, max eff, max range, natural.. Follow him around, don't worry about loot. Ask for people to say something when they find a huge amount of enemies somewhere just so that nekro can come and bless right after they die. Politely suggest to mark mods as you will do the same. You will still want people branching out to deal with spawns bugging, mobs getting stuck etc..

2. Get a good Trin, we are a dime a dosen now that u can see that blessing cooldown.

3. Enjoy your 40+ minutes T3 survivals, and all the spoils it brings.. (not guaranteed at all)

If you start the game, first few bodies fall, and u don't hear that sweet desecrate sound once or twice, you have already failed with the "get a good Nekro".

p.s. Maybe you are just unlucky. I have had exactly 2 or 3 survivals that were out right bad. I remember them because they stand out. One was host screaming to stay together in the first 15-20 minutes, eventually having us twindling our thumbs because we are together and mobs are elsewhere. 02 ran out..  Other 2 were " DO NOT USE LIFE SUPPORT BEFORE IT DROPS DOWN TO 30%", and you see that text in the first minute of the game.. Those 2 games failed because we ran out of 02 with life supports remaining...

yeah. those. it is frustrating to see 2 mins left to your next key... boom extraction.

This. You should end at 5 minute intervals +- 1 minute. I really hate ending at like 7.5 - 8 minutes.

Also, when I suggest we start heading to the exit at 24 minutes since we are struggling and everyone's like no we have to wait until 25 minutes, and then we end up exiting at 26 minutes.

jackie-chan-meme1.jpg

Edited by PsychShaman

This is why I do void survival solo or on someone else key. 

Also, It's my opinion that in this game, nobody discusses rules, roles or goals before missions start.  If you discuss how the team should play the mission before you start, then you won't run into the problems the OP mentioned.   Since this is a void mission and the OP is the host, it's your responsibility to make sure the other 3 players you picked, know what they are doing and know how to play the way you would like.    So don't blame the players when you didn't even check to see if they were even worth inviting to the team.

Don't forget those who rush to the extraction point when everyone else is busy butchering the enemy.

I hate this. I had a lot of survivals blowed by noobs who want to get out after little 10 minutes. The only solution is to host a private game, but for that I have to ask people in recruiting channel to come, and is a pain to find some who arent only interested in Void runs. 

There should be some kind of mechanism to allow us to stay and the noobs to get out, and also allow more people to join the game after the noobs go away. 

hi, I'm going to dub myself slightly new but still noobish here.

I've done a few survivals, more than enough to know that Sticking to group or squad mates otherwise

youre M00t for w/e decides to have you for a snack.

Another thing that has come to mind is using (or working on) Vauban's Vortex for these kind of things.

It tends to make it a bit bearable when (*#$ hits the fan, funny thing about this is that.

I find myself with someone who is Power leveling their frame.

They get their levels, I get my fusion cores. Win-Win