Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stick Together. A Small Rant About Survivals.

Herbaderbalist

Rushers in regular missions.

Hallway hero in defense and mobile defense missions.

And then there are retards who use life support when 90% air or leave after 5 mins.

The worst thing is every time there is more than one of these players in a mission.So I'm basically #*($%%@ playing different kinds of online mission. I would rather get #*($%%@ by overwhelming enemies in solo mission just to avoid those kind players.

Now I know that this may be a "well duh", but seriously. Unless I ask specifically for my survival groups to stick together and not F*** with the life support when we're at 80-90%, it's like people go full retard.

So now, I tell people to stay the F*** away from life support and let me take care of it.

That has worked for the most part. My problem now is people being room heroes. Now, I understand that sticking together can be somewhat boring...

But 9/10 I get a group, they separate into different rooms, loot drops are @(*()$ everywhere across the map, people die and then complain when no one comes and rez's them.

Meanwhile, I'm running around trying to get all the loot and keeping tabs on the life support. It's incredibly frustrating to have to leave a survival (that I used my key for) at 10-15 minutes because people are causing me to run around for loot the whole time.

tl;dr: Tired of babysitting survivals because people want to be room heroes and jackasses.

Reported your post for cursing and bashing.

Mmm.   Part of the problem here is that Survival spawns enemies all over the place and you are reliant on them for life support drops to stay alive. You cannot stay alive on just the pods, it doesn't arrive fast enough. The game's rate of spawning is very uneven and flaky, where one room will see two bad guys per minute and another room will see waves of a dozen turning up as fast as you can kill them. So you end up with people scrambling all over the place trying to find where the action is thickest. Then somebody else turns up and chases the spawns, which breaks the situation because enemies can't spawn in rooms where players are, so now the person who was there first camping the profitable spot and raking in the life support is forced to relocate.

So yeah, I don't blame the players for actively seeking out bad guys to kill, I blame spawning for not making it viable to hunker down in one room as a team and let them come to you.

Edited by Momaw

I play with randoms mostly and if the entire group can't listen by the 5 min mark I disconnect. talk before the run starts tell them what to do your the host and your using your key. Same concept when using a nekros to spam people need to stay close or atleast in one room.

This is why we only do voids with clan m8s, odds for secondary and melee leveling me and my m8s can do with just 2 people till wave 40 or 30 when leveling primaries. Survival is another story, we are so fed up of pubies rushing for extraction ,that if there are only 2 of us we decide to do it with only 2 people and end at 30-35 min (since all my frames are rank 30 we always have a necros if we need one so wedon't care).

Mmm.   Part of the problem here is that Survival spawns enemies all over the place and you are reliant on them for life support drops to stay alive. You cannot stay alive on just the pods, it doesn't arrive fast enough. The game's rate of spawning is very uneven and flaky, where one room will see two bad guys per minute and another room will see waves of a dozen turning up as fast as you can kill them. So you end up with people scrambling all over the place trying to find where the action is thickest. Then somebody else turns up and chases the spawns, which breaks the situation because enemies can't spawn in rooms where players are, so now the person who was there first camping the profitable spot and raking in the life support is forced to relocate.

So yeah, I don't blame the players for actively seeking out bad guys to kill, I blame spawning for not making it viable to hunker down in one room as a team and let them come to you.

you move with the pods or move rooms together to find a room where the spawn rate is better. Even if the spawn is crap in that run you can still make it easily to the 15min mark

Also with the so called Room Heroes thing sure Mobile defence and defence I can see why this would be a problem but in survival it is essential for long runs you have to hunt for the enemies for the whole mission. You want loot or XP go to defence were the mission is centred around a single point usually in a large room. 

I find that for Survival, spawns are usually better if the group is together.  Just like MD and Defense, enemies can only spawn out of sight.  When the team is running around like headless chickens, it denies enemies places to spawn.  Now sure, some rooms are better than others for spawns.  The trick is to find those rooms as a group, and then stay there, as a group (barring life support activation reasons, of course).

Edited by Axterix13

I get a lot, I mean, a lot of random invites to towers, could be something to do with my name starting with an "A" and not because of any level of skill sadly.

When I accept, maybe one time in ten will I hear any one at all so there is no guidance which means no team mentality. If I say "Hi" it usually drops into this other void which has no echoes.

I usually make sure I have one good weapon on and am levelling the other two so when I do accept the invite I want to be in as long as possible to scoop up as much affinity as I can. Most of the time I've noticed that many of the run to extraction people have a threshold, 40% life support seems to be the most common, once it drops to that level they are out, even if you quickly bring it back to 90%

I can happliy cope with one guy running to extraction but its really frustrating when a second joins them and you still have 80% LS left or more and are about 40 seconds or so from the next reward. Would it cost them that much to wait another 10 seconds or so?

I suggest you tell them before you start the mission. tell them how low before they have to activate life support, extraction time, and mark important loot locations. They will spread out at the beginning i can tell u that because it gets boring when ur getting scrap kills while the one with the nova is nuking entire hordes of enemies. just try and communicate with ur team.

But i guess we always get that one guy that doesn't seem to read and understand English then i suggest that DE should give the owner of the key a kick button.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Don't forget those who rush to the extraction point when everyone else is busy butchering the enemy.

I do this on Purpose...

Always have a second person with me on Mumble or TS3 too...

If guys are running around miles away and killing all the mobs away from the group we extract... Dont have time for them.

Only really play Survival & Defense.

Tip : Solo Void Survival... Its easier than going with a group!

The enemy will always come to your position and you can determine when to use the life supports.

Plus you dont have to worry about what other people are doing or where all the mobs are being killed.

You'll find that soloing 30min of T3S is actually really easy to do and rewarding... Its only after the 45min mark that things actually start becoming fun.

On a side note has anyone else noticed that ODS is only dropping T1 keys lately. 

I don't know, survival can be an odd thing at times.   The fact that people don't know well enough not to hit life support early is a little new personish, but the only way to ensure that would be to say it at the beginning of the match.

The sticking together part, I would have to disagree with this if you have a full group of 4.  The optimal way I've seen to play survival is split up for the first 5-10 minutes, to know the level layout and to maximize killing everything you can for as much O2 as possible.  Then somewhere between 10-20 minutes, form into pairs, for when one person goes down, the other can revive them, and continue on like that.  After 20+ minutes, to form into a big group, staying together where the enemy spawns the most.  For the early part of the minutes, an experience player can lone wolf the O2 by themselves if it keeps on spawning in a corner, but after 30 or 35 minutes, everyone has to move as a group to get air or stay in pairs.  Then lasting as long as possible before exiting, or exiting when more than one of us goes down.  

With this ideology, most survivals, regardless of tier, will go to the 40 or 45 minute mark; sometimes 35 in a non-ideal map layout where enemies don't seem to spawn as well.  Though this is also assuming everyone is using weapons that are potatoed and at or near 30.  If you're formaing your weapons a lot, you could potentially last longer or even solo to this point if you're careful.

From what I've personally noticed, the following things help a lot:

-optimizing weapons for corrosive damage because the heavy gunners will just eat bullets.

-having a good group/strategy with frames once it goes above 35+ minutes.  Things like, Nova prime to slow groups down, Loki disarms all heavy gunners, slowly retreating in snowglobes for large groups, Rhino or Zypher do all the rezzing after using ability 4 (or at least 2 for rhino or 3 for zypher).

The problem of Survival is that the maps are too damn big and spawning often makes no sense.

It gets better after 25+ minutes, but before that, dying of boredom is the biggest threat.

Edited by Hyunsai