Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't Play In A While - Less Affinity?

grndragon

So, i didn't play this game seriously for a while but recently when i've tried to rank up some of my newer gear with my boyfriend, i'm having the issue that my equipment levels up what seems to be some 3-5 times slower than when i stopped playing the game.

Has there been some nerf or change to how you gain affinity? Because it sure feels like it.

Could it have been the fact that you might have used an Affinity Booster in the past?

Also welcome back! Theres a ton of new content for ya. :)

I never used boosters, though i don't believe i will stay long since the new content doesent interest me much, and leveling up my gear seems to right now be painfully slow

survival is where you go for exp now. also sentinels do steal exp

i didn't use my sentinel for that reason

Survival is def the way to go, even on Appollodorus I am able to get the first 14 levels of anything from 1 30-40min run

I will try that.

However, i did notice something odd. I tried to run E prime just to check how much affinity i would get there compared to when i'm playing with my boyfriend. Of course i got less affinity, around 3.5k. However, the affinity bar moved much more during this mission than when i played with my boyfriend and got around 5.5k.

The Xp you earn in solo play is only for your weapons used.  In group play, a share of everyone else's kills are evenly distributed to you if you are in range..  

Quick explanation:

solo play

Every kill done with warframe powers, is warframe xp

every kill done with a weapon is split half to the warframe and half to the used weapon only

group play (when the other players are killed relatively close to you.  How close, hasn't been measured, but let's say an average size room )

every kill done by warframe powers by you go all to your warframe

all kills done by other players with warframe powers, 25% of the kill's xp goes to your warframe, 25% to primary, 25% to secondary, and 25% xp to melee

every kill done by a weapon by you, 50% xp goes to your warframe, 50% xp goes to your weapon used in the kill

all kills done by other players with their weapons, 25% of the kill's xp goes to your warframe, 25% to primary, 25% to secondary, and 25% xp to melee 

You also get a 50% bonus xp at the end of a successful mission for all xp earned by you and as a group, but only 25% if solo.  

There is no reason not to play with a group.  In fact, if you want to level up a weapon you don't want to use, the only way to level up the weapon and not use it is in group play.  

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Mechanics

The Xp you earn in solo play is only for your weapons used.  In group play, a share of everyone else's kills are evenly distributed to you if you are in range..  

Quick explanation:

solo play

Every kill done with warframe powers, is warframe xp

every kill done with a weapon is split half to the warframe and half to the used weapon only

group play (when the other players are killed relatively close to you.  How close, hasn't been measured, but let's say an average size room )

every kill done by warframe powers by you go all to your warframe

all kills done by other players with warframe powers, 25% of the kill's xp goes to your warframe, 25% to primary, 25% to secondary, and 25% xp to melee

every kill done by a weapon by you, 50% xp goes to your warframe, 50% xp goes to your weapon used in the kill

all kills done by other players with their weapons, 25% of the kill's xp goes to your warframe, 25% to primary, 25% to secondary, and 25% xp to melee 

You also get a 50% bonus xp at the end of a successful mission for all xp earned by you and as a group, but only 25% if solo.  

There is no reason not to play with a group.  In fact, if you want to level up a weapon you don't want to use, the only way to level up the weapon and not use it is in group play.  

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Mechanics

I know, but neither me nor my boyfriend find playing with 2 randoms particularily fun, which is why we only play 2 tenno together. My problem is that with whatever nerf to affinity this has been, it made it much less viable to play the game with only 2 people

in that Mercury Survival, a good team (and somehow, some luck) netted me over 50k affinity with booster.

Enough to get my whip from 27 to 30...

Lowest was when I had a team that kept branching so so so agonizingly far apart, earned only about 20k. (we also had an insanely few amount of mobs, I gander it's because they're all 100m+ away from each other and I just kept running back and forth between them)