Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp-Gameplay Suggestion

Kasp0me

Hello brothers and sisters!

I were laying in my bed yesterday thinking of how this game could grow into a more interesting and random playstyle.

The cool factor about it beeing "2 factions" with tenho characters. After playing a while, and after you have leveled up to level 2 or 3 you get the option to go "rouge". When you level to level 3 you can make a decission to do something good or bad against the system you work for. Whatever you choose wont change the character in any way, but the start of an PVP-style gameplay!

Lets say you play on a random map, as the good one, and someone from the rouge side joins aswell with different missions they crash randomly into each other and gets to fight each other. It would be friggin awesome!

This is something i have had in mind all day and i think it sounds fresh and cool.

Pardon my english, but i suck :(

just because some people want something doesnt mean its actually good....

I'm sorry, but have you played any game of this day and age?

Ruling out pvp full stop was a bad move. Why should we spend all our time grinding if there is nothing to do other than grind more? I mean, there's not really a story to keep us entertained is there?

pvp gives an experience and feel then different from just killing normal enemies. I really don't care about some stupid scoreboard; and pve is just to boring after a time... I just want to get that rush when i kill some people in pvp, it just makes game so much better.

Honestly, if this game doesn't get some form of pvp it will be doomed to fail. I've only been playing for a few hours and I'm already getting board of pve.

Ruling out pvp full stop was a bad move. Why should we spend all our time grinding if there is nothing to do other than grind more? I mean, there's not really a story to keep us entertained is there?

pvp gives an experience and feel then different from just killing normal enemies. I really don't care about some stupid scoreboard; and pve is just to boring after a time... I just want to get that rush when i kill some people in pvp, it just makes game so much better.

Honestly, if this game doesn't get some form of pvp it will be doomed to fail. I've only been playing for a few hours and I'm already getting board of pve.

They didn't rule out, it's not a priority right now. Subtle difference, right now the focus is on PVE, only pvp mode I think I heard DE_Steve talk about is dueling FOR NOW. As there millions of threads on PVP because the sticky is somewhere no one really looks for it (Off-Topic I think).

If they ever add pvp I for one hope its gonna be 0.5% of the content in the game for dont wanna be forced in to having to do it to get some items like most mmos out there force you to pvp if you want a specific look on your outfit. I find asking for pvp in warframe is like asking for pve for world of tanks.

So you want pvp in a pve game. Hmm. Ok Lets say I play an MMO but I actually want to play a racing game, do I say to the devs: Hey you made an MMO but I like racing games more. Give me racing. That seems a bit.... funny. Bored of PVE? Then your obviously wrong with this game. besides that, it still is Beta. You complain about the lack of content on a beta.... Well ok. If there would ever be PVP it simply shouldnt take any main focus. A nice little dojo training PVP would be enough. People could fight each other between new updates and done. I would actually like that. But there are so many threads about pvp and how it would be awesome to fight in groups bla bla (insert PVP idea here) bla bla. Its simply annoying that people want to make this game something that it simply isnt. Some kind of PVP, ok. Something that fits the game. ^^

I don't understand why people are so against PvP...

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO IT. It's just an option.

PvP would encourage more people to gather components and make items since what PvP-gear-weapons-mods you will use will be different to those you use for PvE.

If they do make PvP it wouldn't be a "you have to do it" option. It will just be there incase you get bored or want to do something else.

Anyway, I said this in another thread. PvP would not be "Fight to the death". The Tenno are in the brink of extinction, I don't think killing each other would make it better. PvP would simply remain as a friendly fighting competition, not a "i killed you: gimme all your equipment" thing, but a learn from each other, learn how one fights and maybe develop and become a better fighter.

I don't understand why people are so against PvP...

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO IT. It's just an option.

PvP would encourage more people to gather components and make items since what PvP-gear-weapons-mods you will use will be different to those you use for PvE.

If they do make PvP it wouldn't be a "you have to do it" option. It will just be there incase you get bored or want to do something else.

Anyway, I said this in another thread. PvP would not be "Fight to the death". The Tenno are in the brink of extinction, I don't think killing each other would make it better. PvP would simply remain as a friendly fighting competition, not a "i killed you: gimme all your equipment" thing, but a learn from each other, learn how one fights and maybe develop and become a better fighter.

Yeah. That would be easily made by adding a Training fight in the Dojo. But some here think that there has to be the uber PVP with all sorts of modes and capture the flag and that sh**** A simple Dojo would be an awesome addition and would fit to the style. I simply cant stand that people want to make this game something it isnt ^^

Pvp brings out the worst in people. I avoid it in other games for a reason. I'd honestly hate for it to become a major part of this game. I think PvP would bring a lot of unwanted players into this community.

True. Thats why these 2 things should be seperated form each other as far possible :D

Every single PVP topic creator seems to believe he has stumbled upon a goldmine of original ideas and groundbreaking concepts.

Pretty much this. Here is the thing. They created a cooperative dungeon crawler, in the realms of Diablo 1/2 and people ask for space ninja CoD. A vocal minority keeps pushing the topic so far that DE already put it in their FAQ with the most diplomatic: "No, not gonna happen." possible. And still, no acceptance. PvP isn't on the roadmap. And I mean, the actual roadmap, their path of development. I stood, in person and physically, in the DE headquarters, in front of the timeline of development - no PvP on there. You can let go now, this horse is not moving and I am sure you are not performing CPR with that club there.

Edited by Ced23Ric

They didn't rule out, it's not a priority right now. Subtle difference, right now the focus is on PVE, only pvp mode I think I heard DE_Steve talk about is dueling FOR NOW. As there millions of threads on PVP because the sticky is somewhere no one really looks for it (Off-Topic I think).

Well thats all people want... Dueling=PVP...

Edit: And are you guys being so rude? I simply said it needed pvp or something more then what it has now... This is a SUGGESTION topic anyway. -_- And I full well know and understand that this is a beta, again, I'm merely suggesting.

Edited by jackjt8

Pretty much this. Here is the thing. They created a cooperative dungeon crawler, in the realms of Diablo 1/2 and people ask for space ninja CoD. A vocal minority keeps pushing the topic so far that DE already put it in their FAQ with the most diplomatic: "No, not gonna happen." possible. And still, no acceptance. PvP isn't on the roadmap. And I mean, the actual roadmap, their path of development. I stood, in person and physically, in the DE headquarters, in front of the timeline of development - no PvP on there. You can let go now, this horse is not moving and I am sure you are not performing CPR with that club there.

<3

I praise you =)

okay guys i wanna be the tie breaker here i am with and against PvP make sense? XD

here is what i mean,

i am with PvP because like some players that have mentioned they become bored of the PVE because of some stuff and it can also be something else players can do when they cant find any othe players to go on missions with and that if the devs might not add pvp it might lessen the playerbase because of no pvp, and i mean come on pvp isnt all that bad it actually gets more fun if others tried to win instead of complain about loosing all the time. and it can also help us improve our game strategies against npcs i mean sure npcs are different from players but there are some players who are good and some that will just kick your &amp;#&#33; in pvp, this will help you think of ways to get them, and if you can think of ways to surpass someone who thinks individually constantly developing new ideas then i am sure as hell you can think of ways to own npcs.

i am against PvP cuz the players that talk trash are just irritating, especially if they get you the same way everytime(f*ckincamper and it can make you rage quit (videogames don't make people more violent lag does) and like other pvp in games you die they take your stuff you get angry and stuff then rage quit and i really hate it when there are players who abuse players on pvp especially on mmorpgs, they know you're weak and then they kill you. but unlike in fps where its mostly player against player there isnt much rage to that since you expect that.

like newton said, with every action there is an equal and oppposite reaction.