The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To The Community : Do You Think Some Mechanics Are Missing From The Game?

Deidaku

Yeah, Lephantus is the only REAL boss battle. We need multi stage and ability changing bosses. Just an opinion.

My issue with Lephantis is that his Grineer Head is kinda useless, and kinda messes up the battle (at least in phase two.) An example would be how it's constantly switching targets, resulting in the entire body constantly spinning and lumbering around the arena, making it annoying for both the players and the other heads. each of which are trying to shoot eachother.

Well, I have played the game quite a bit, and I do feel the game needs some more polish around the edges.

The biggest thing I want is the gameplay to feel more... meatier. It has substance, but it feels stale after a while. The guns are pretty much laser beams, with a decorative symbol marking your aim. I want recoil. I want a good feeling of a weapon. I can understand that the technology has advanced (such as the flux rifle, or the Warframes themselves), limit that factor, but all guns in the game pretty much share this trait. The guns need more meat; they are just a skeleton at most. As for melee, I know that Melee 2.0 is coming, and I'll see to it that it gets reviewed.

And if anything I want Mastery Rank to play in certain roles, not just some slapped-on band-aid.

Make it beneficial! Give me slots, resources, special tools etc. Make it awesome that you powered through the 24th rank test. Just make it meaningful, and want the player to progress into the ranks of the Tenno.

That's all I really have to say at this moment. Just mostly these two.

I feel like sometimes I must be the only person who doesn't agree with implementing a token system. I mean, you don't need to use a token system to have a good drop/reward system.

That being said... what do I feel is missing from the game? Cutscenes. Like maybe when you kill a boss, instead of just killing/ragdolling them, there's a neat cutscene that uses the current players' frames to finish the job?

As for out of the game?

I'm still waiting for Dethcube plushies and Shade beanies in the merch store...

No, you're not alone about token systems. I hate them. Why? Because in the end, they always make the grind even worse. Yeah, sure, you're guaranteed to get what you want... eventually. Token systems usually start out fine. You get say, 10 tokens per run, and a BP might cost 30. But then something new and shiny comes out, and well, this new shiny is just 50 tokens! Next one is just 100. Then people complain, so they give players a bonus 50 tokens the first run of the day. Then they nerf the amount of tokens you get normally (now 5, instead of 10, but hey, you get 50 bonus per day!). Then you can only get tokens once per mission type per day. But then they release a whole new area, and this new area takes different tokens, so you have to start over from square one, only now you only get two tokens per run, and stuff still costs 50 tokens.

But yeah, as for game mechanics I'd like to see, the active recovery mentioned by the OP is one I've thought of myself. After playing Borderlands 2, I always miss the ability to kill something to hop back up.

i'm gonna sound stupid but what's a token system? Oo

I've seen it mentioned a lot these days

The WORST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING... When applied to an online game it looks like the lego collecting in the Lego games... just imagine only getting those things at the end of the mission and everything being over 1,000,000-999,999,999,999 of those to get anything... Yeah... Token systems in a nutshell... Its like going... I heard you love farming so I decided to make it balls to the wall harder. Its like farming nightmare moded... Jee... That sounds wonderful... More farming... Welcome to farming hell where everything you collect is pointless compared to the tokens... The tokens become the end game. Ruining any form of fun of doing anything else in the game other then JUST COLLECTING TOKENS AND DOING HORRIBLE,HARD, OR BORING MISSIONS...

So if you love Farming Hell support tokens...

I feel like sometimes I must be the only person who doesn't agree with implementing a token system. I mean, you don't need to use a token system to have a good drop/reward system.

That being said... what do I feel is missing from the game? Cutscenes. Like maybe when you kill a boss, instead of just killing/ragdolling them, there's a neat cutscene that uses the current players' frames to finish the job?

As for out of the game?

I'm still waiting for Dethcube plushies and Shade beanies in the merch store...

^

this!

the cutscenes would be awsome and the token system? no idea why ppl even ask for this in warframe.

please ppl care to explain what does this ''token system'' exactly will do?