Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12.4 Failed To Connect To Server

(PSN)CrazyDeadPerson

Last night before I went to bed I turned off my PS4 (not suspended). 

This morning these are my trials and tribulations: 

I powered on my PS4 when I saw that the Blaze mod was available in an alert via twitter feed, however I couldn't / didn't get it because I got an message that there was a Warframe update downloading, I chose to let the update finish installing once finished I opened Warframe, once it got to the "Start" screen I clicked X to start, soon as it got to the main menu ... Failed to connect to server message. Immediately looped back to the Start screen. So like the diligent person I am I decided to close out Warframe and power off again just to see if it was bad luck. Booted up again was able to get past the Start screen went to the foundry to claim a few thing. There was a "delay" in displaying inventory so I knew I would get the Failure sure enough it happened, so Started again went back to foundry claimed the cipher started another it finished in 60 seconds I tried to claim it got the "delay" followed by the Failure again. Tried this 3 times it happened consistently.

*** However now when I get the Failed to connect to server message, behind it there is a new message "Unknown error" message. As I logged on to the forums to report my problems I got the Failed to connect message, this time I was on the Star Chart trying to deploy new extractors when I got the Fail message. I didn't click OK to close the message because I'm tying this post. However I started to get invites from random players one was obese_assassin12 invited you to a game. How is it that I was "disconnected from the server" but players can still send me invites? 

I saw a twitter post from @playwarframe telling players to ensure they have the latest PS4 version so I clicked the PS button to check my settings and the version I have 1.62 the latest, when I went back to Warframe, I scrolled down to Arsenal tried to enter and again I got the failure message. 

I am frustrated beyond belief now I don't even know if I want to play anymore today or even this week. I'm not the best player I have yet to pass Mastery Test 8 test although I took the test yesterday and finally did pass it only to get Failed to Connect message. The other times prior to update I did fail it but now I feel I have put in a lot of time into this game as of right now my Time Played is sitting at 309:01:14 I will attempt my Rank Up test tonight I have to wait 8h 1m 59s if I "fail to connect" out of the test again I think I will uninstall this game because I'm too frustrated to continue when I can't progress to failures that are not mine. I enjoy the game when it's working right now it isn't for me and it may be time to retire from Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)IceColdMalik

Posted this under performance yesterday but I'll just add on here. Today's update did not fix this failed to connect error. Also getting could not save progress errors at the end of missions. This has been an issue since UD 12.4.4. I will post what I have done on my end. Reset router, reinstalled warframe, posted my network port UDP in game for DE incase it is related to a changed setting. Progress can't be saved happens when i'm alone or with someone else. Failed to connect to server occurs in menus like when trying to fuse cores, switching weapons or frames. This is definitely caused by the 12.4.4 update as I have had no connection issues prior to that update. 

Edited by (PS4)firedragon4

I cant even get the update going, it says the update cant be completed. So i reinstalled the game, then it says login failed. Or cannot be accessed on this account or something. I would really like to play some before i head to work..

it also says plaaystation network features unavailable on this account at this time. This ruined my day and ill be losing my login bonuses

Still regularly getting disconnected and now getting the game data not being saved like others. The irony is with this update the long list of patches and fixes to only inform them of several new ones except these being almost game breaking. Probably need to just take a break while they fix it since I would like to have data saved without screen capture to them to get it recorded.

Hey -ATTACKO

A few points you make I want to dissect to get to the bottom of this issue affecting a lot of players (seeing reports on Twitter/forums/etc).

I know it's an obvious question, but this is a 'new' issue as of yesterday, correct?

Secondly, all this:

"unless someone else hosts the lobby."

"unless I decide to outright play with completely random players, or alone, I cannot expect to save any changes made to anything or even play any missions,"

I'm wondering what the host/client correlation is here - are you only able to connect if someone else hosts? If yes, how does playing alone factor in?

Please clarify as we get more reports on this,

Rebecca

Btw, thanks Rebecca for responding!

Basically, unless I join a game hosted by a friend quickly after my disconnection, I can't really play with them.

Technically I can host a game, open a lobby and invite others, but I will be disconnected before everyone can load in so I have to hustle into a game. Also following up on the "playing alone thing", fundamentally, it's because I have to quickly begin loading into a game, if I am outside of a mission, (any main-screen, arsenal-like menus), I risk being redirected to the login screen. Thank you for the quick help!!!

Quick edit-- that's the big issue too, because whenever I'm kicked from the game in that way, I lose all recent progress and it is all a recent occurrence, thanks again!

Edited by (PS4)ATTACKO

Even after the mystery patch was downloaded and installed today I'm still getting Failed to connect to server, you will be logged out messages constantly while on the menu, talking in chat, using the arsenal etc.  8 times today alone, and I only played for about 3 hours.  Never had this issue last patch, or since I started playing.  Definitely something from this update.

Worse, I'm still getting "could not connect to server, progress was not saved" after about 50% of my missions.  2 out of the 3 games I played today ended in that.  This problem rarely happened prior to update 12, but now it is a constant concern and worry.  It makes me not want to play this amazing game.  I've submitted numerous support tickets with both screen shot and video evidence so hopefully DE can get some of the stuff I lost back, but that is a long shot.  Frankly, you guys really need a multi stage saving process. 

Perhaps you guys need some redundancies on your account upgrading system. Attempt to establish and upload info once missions completes (first reward screen in game) then attempt a second time once you hit the star chart (what you guys seem to only do now) and just for good measure, attempt a third time 10 seconds later. If a return saying the data was received isn't given by your servers, store the data until next login then try and update until a return saying account info was received.

For the record, these last two instances were a hosted (that no one joined) alert, and a 3 player Tethra's Doom Earth match that another player hosted.  Host doesn't matter, match type doesn't matter (has happened on survivals, star chart progression, event maps, void... everywhere).  The game is basically unplayable right now, but damn if I'm not giving it the college try.

I have spent a lot of money on warframe. I play everyday after work and on my days off. And for something like this to happend just breaks me. My problem is the same as everyone elses! I've tried everything you could think of to fix it. Nothing works! I downloaded the patch today thinking you guys fixed it but when I logged on first thing that happend was mylogin reward and before I could even claim it,BAMM! There it was! Failed to connect to server.you will be logged out! Please please please fix this! Otherwise I will have to abandon digital extremes and start spending my money elsewhere. Thank you!

I've had several issues with network connectivity. Originally I had my PS4 set up to connect wirelessly to my router, however I would a play a mission and not be able to save any progress due to loss of connection to the WF server. I changed my router (to BT HomeHub 5), setup wireless and UDP port forwarding. Still had the same issue. I then changed the wireless settings, such as channel selection, MTU etc to see if that helped. It didn't. The only temporary solution was to restart the the router (not ideal).

Due to NOT wanting to restart the router everytime I played WF, I connected the PS4 to the router via CAT 5e. I kept UPnP enabled and also enabled UDP port forwarding (it's redundant granted, but it will not do any harm). I also statically configured my PS4's IP to keep things consistent. So far I've had no issues connecting (or staying connected for that matter) since *fingers crossed*.

I genuinely believe that the net coding in WF is pretty flakey, and if your network hardware (specifically router) is not up to scratch you struggle to maintain a stable connection to the WF servers. A lot of these issues are due to either UPnP not working properly, UDP forwarding not working properly or the (bizzarely) the WiFi dropping intermittently.

tl;dr: Use CAT 5e/6 to router, set PS4 IP to a static address, enable UPnP (upgrade your router firmware if you can) and enable UDP port forwarding to the PS4. Don't put the PS4 on a DMZ, the router SHOULD be able to perform port forwarding without compromising your net security. If all fails, you could try a new router (sorry).

Hope that helps! ~Astraxus

Edited by (PS4)Astraxus

In an attempt to explain every detail I can give I'm gonna explain my issue from start to finish, so forgive me if any part is a repeat of an earlier post.

As of March 28th based on the daily reward counter, so 9 pm March 27th to be exact, I was kicked from the game and prompted to download a 164 MB update. It only took a few minutes to download, but when it began installing it stopped with a message saying "Cannot complete the update." If i opened the app It would go to the screen listing update details. If the update was still downloading it would continue to say checking for update, but if it had downloaded and failed to install it said "verifying download cache." I've tried every combination of downloading or installing or both with the warframe application open and closed. After trying all of those I deleted the app and reinstalled. The problem persists, but now the application name is "Warframe[en]" instead of just "Warframe" and when the application starts regardless of the update downloading or installing it defaults to the standard loading screen then to a message saying "PlayStation Network features unavailable on this account at this time" with only a prompt to press X for OK. After pressing X the screen shows an animated background with the warframe logo under which is written "You are required to have a Warframe account in order to play Warframe on PlayStation 4. By proceeding you agree to the terms and policies of Digital Extremes Ltd. http://warframe.com/privacy http://warframe.com/eula" Another X prompt this time for Accept. Pressing X brings up one last message saying "Login failed. Could not connect to server." with another X prompt for OK this repeats indefinitely. My connection test is successful across the board.

Any other attempt to reenact the problem end with the same results.

I'm running the same 1.62 system software as the last time it worked with no other changes to the system or internet connection besides this update. If anything changes I will continue to update with as much detail as possible.

sorry this issue is effecting so many people but im glad im not the only one that has this problem. i hope DE can fix it soon. im getting the "failed to connect to server" message but the more damaging problem is some of my game rewards, loot, credits, cores dont count because when im done with a mission i get the "your progress was not saved" message.  i got that message once after a 40 minute T3 survival run where i got 5 Rare five cores and over 10 Uncommon 5 Cores and 2 forma blueprints.

Tried to login and play today, got three failed to connect errors within 5 minutes. Gave up, gonna play inFamous Second Son instead.

At this rate, I won't even play any part of Tethra's Doom besides interceptions. Not gonna risk the single cipher i've been able to get from a dozen games were over half didn't count only to have it tell me it can't save. Looks like I won't be getting these event rewards.

Update: Today I put ps4 on ethernet cable and took it off of wi-fi just to be sure. I did a check in war frame that I know will cause the failed error if it's still not working, tried to fuse several mods at once, more than 5-6 and as soon as I accepted credit cost it crashed with failed to connect. I also used a forma on my dread last night and got it high enough just now to put speed trigger, applied mod and backed out of menu when it crashed again with failed to connect and couldn't update account. Update: Just got failed to connect while sitting on a Jupiter mission node.

Edited by (PS4)firedragon4

In an attempt to explain every detail I can give I'm gonna explain my issue from start to finish, so forgive me if any part is a repeat of an earlier post.

As of March 28th based on the daily reward counter, so 9 pm March 27th to be exact, I was kicked from the game and prompted to download a 164 MB update. It only took a few minutes to download, but when it began installing it stopped with a message saying "Cannot complete the update." If i opened the app It would go to the screen listing update details. If the update was still downloading it would continue to say checking for update, but if it had downloaded and failed to install it said "verifying download cache." I've tried every combination of downloading or installing or both with the warframe application open and closed. After trying all of those I deleted the app and reinstalled. The problem persists, but now the application name is "Warframe[en]" instead of just "Warframe" and when the application starts regardless of the update downloading or installing it defaults to the standard loading screen then to a message saying "PlayStation Network features unavailable on this account at this time" with only a prompt to press X for OK. After pressing X the screen shows an animated background with the warframe logo under which is written "You are required to have a Warframe account in order to play Warframe on PlayStation 4. By proceeding you agree to the terms and policies of Digital Extremes Ltd. http://warframe.com/privacy http://warframe.com/eula" Another X prompt this time for Accept. Pressing X brings up one last message saying "Login failed. Could not connect to server." with another X prompt for OK this repeats indefinitely. My connection test is successful across the board.

Any other attempt to reenact the problem end with the same results.

I'm running the same 1.62 system software as the last time it worked with no other changes to the system or internet connection besides this update. If anything changes I will continue to update with as much detail as possible.     

This is exactly whats happening with me right now.  Unable to play Warframe 

Received notice to exit game and launch server for update played void when done failed to connect message again. Have they even talked to Sony to see if the beta launch of Playstation Now may be playing into this issue?

That's definitely not the issue. That's vastly far from the issue as a matter of fact. It's just something with this update. Every other game works just fine.