The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo About Melee 2.0

dasimBaa

All melee weapons are getting buffed.

This but it's unlikely that the "tiers" so to speak will change much. So everything will be more useful but the Galatine and Orthos Prime will likely stay on top for DPS, There could however still be utility reasons to use the Ankyros or anything really. 

This but it's unlikely that the "tiers" so to speak will change much. So everything will be more useful but the Galatine and Orthos Prime will likely stay on top for DPS, There could however still be utility reasons to use the Ankyros or anything really. 

"Top DPS"? well, I'm pretty  sure the Fang (Prime) will become the Top DPS in this..... but I do wonder, the Galatine, who has VERY low normal attack damage..... how is it going to become viable? Unless the damage for when you hold it has a completely different Stat that the one we are used to.... *(Im)patientily waiting for U13*

"Top DPS"? well, I'm pretty  sure the Fang (Prime) will become the Top DPS in this..... but I do wonder, the Galatine, who has VERY low normal attack damage..... how is it going to become viable? Unless the damage for when you hold it has a completely different Stat that the one we are used to.... *(Im)patientily waiting for U13*

Galatine isn't normal attack damage, you're using it wrong... it still kills level 30 things probably with charge damage. Galatine is charge damage dude, not swing swing swing damage.

Galatine isn't normal attack damage, you're using it wrong... it still kills level 30 things probably with charge damage. Galatine is charge damage dude, not swing swing swing damage.

That's the problem: where other melee weapons need only a few normal hits, the galatine might still need to charge... which isn't good unless you're invisible or indestructible.

That's the problem: where other melee weapons need only a few normal hits, the galatine might still need to charge... which isn't good unless you're invisible or indestructible.

From the sounds of things your primary argument is that whereas other melee weapons take no skill, the galatine is just 'too hard'.

Throw maxed Focus Energy, Killing Blow, Reflex Coil, and Rending strike on, and you'll have no problem taking out high-level enemies with charge swings. It's just up to you to make sure you're in the right place at the right time. Besides, you can ground-attack to stun people for a second, and a charged galatine can hit multiple enemies per swing. It's just basic combat planning to get the best use out of weapons.

On top of that, if you ARE a loki or an ash, your invisibility causes crits dealing 200% damage. If you get a red-crit on top of invisibility, you've pretty much annihilated anything you just hit.

You can easily take out Phorid in 3-5 charge swings with a proper Ash/Galatine combo.

Regarding the original post: I do hope that harder to get melee weapons like the Dark Dagger and Hate get buffs, but I'd hate to see prime weapons get a considerable buff, if only because of prime trading. Giving players the option to outright BUY prime parts out of trade chat without ever having to set foot in a tower would be pretty lame, because then the game would take a step towards being pay to win. If untradeable weapons got a buff though, then you'd have to wait until an alert giving what you want came along, which would suck for farmers, but would at least give alert weapons some sense of value.

I'm sorry but I still have a hard time seeing our melee weapons as anything but a cool looking novelty weapon. I know for many cleaving someone in half may be fun and all, and I do get that, but on the whole the way Warframe has evolved it becomes so impractical to close with one or two enemies when I could kill those same enemies or more from a distance with either my Soma or Boltor Prime with no danger to myself. When everything is said and done the main point of the game is to complete the mission and survive. IMHO I think they should have just gone with letting us carry our melee weapon as a tertiary weapon and stopped there and spent more time on the lore and end game. 

From the sounds of things your primary argument is that whereas other melee weapons take no skill, the galatine is just 'too hard'.

Didn't say anything about skill.

... if you ARE a loki or an ash, your invisibility causes crits dealing 200% damage. If you get a red-crit on top of invisibility, you've pretty much annihilated anything you just hit.

And this is where the galatine is good. I don't doubt the galatine's ability to do massive damage (I have a build for that) but unless I plan on using invisibility or invulnerability, I'm guaranteed to get stunned during an attack.

This is why quicker attacks without long animations are a lot safer.

Regarding the original post: I do hope that harder to get melee weapons like the Dark Dagger and Hate get buffs, but I'd hate to see prime weapons get a considerable buff, if only because of prime trading. Giving players the option to outright BUY prime parts out of trade chat without ever having to set foot in a tower would be pretty lame, because then the game would take a step towards being pay to win. If untradeable weapons got a buff though, then you'd have to wait until an alert giving what you want came along, which would suck for farmers, but would at least give alert weapons some sense of value.

Prime weapons are NOT PAY TO WIN.

You'll find that many other weapons can do the same amount of damage if you mod them right and give them forma and potatoes. Sure, the prime versions of standard weapons are better, BUT THATS THE POINT. If people wwant to spend money to get the slightly better weapons, let them.

Edited by IANOBW

....... and my point was missed, this is a discussion of melee 2.0, using Galatine as "swing swing swing" as currently have is completely useless, I was asking how its normal attack damage will become viable when Melee 2.0, because from what we have seen, we wont use charge attack damage when doing combos.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Didn't say anything about skill.

And this is where the galatine is good. I don't doubt the galatine's ability to do massive damage (I have a build for that) but unless I plan on using invisibility or invulnerability, I'm guaranteed to get stunned during an attack.

This is why quicker attacks without long animations are a lot safer.

Prime weapons are NOT PAY TO WIN.

You'll find that many other weapons can do the same amount of damage if you mod them right and give them forma and potatoes. Sure, the prime versions of standard weapons are better, BUT THATS THE POINT. If people wwant to spend money to get the slightly better weapons, let them.

I can say anything about skill I want. Some argue that Warframe is intended to be a slack-jawed "kill everything with explosions" game, but some of us want challenges that don't consist of fighting waves of high-level enemies. Sometimes, it's the gameplay that counts, small and scenario-driven as some of it might be.

Again, you don't have to be invisible to invulnerable to make use of the galatine, that's just the BEST route. Similar to how you wouldn't use a soma without increased crit chance and damage.

I'm aware the prime weapons are not pay to win. My point is that by making all prime weapons on the same power level as the galatine and the orthos prime, that it would be taking a step towards that. No game that's allowed it's players to instantly buy high-power equipment has avoided it's player base grumbling that there's "too many of this" or "too powerful nerf plz". Prime weapon superiority was accepted before prime trading, because it WAS hard to get, and therefore justified the increased stats. Now, anybody could waltz into trade chat and purchase them. And since mastery rank doesn't prevent you from using primes, anyone of any mastery rank could have access to the strongest weapons in the game.

You argue letting people spend money to buy slightly better weapons, but that's not what OP suggested. They suggest making primes THE BEST melee weapons. And once DE makes the best weapons in the game available through buying, people are going to lose incentive to actually play the game, and use anything EXCEPT the best equipment, more so than it already does.

I can say anything about skill I want. Some argue that Warframe is intended to be a slack-jawed "kill everything with explosions" game, but some of us want challenges that don't consist of fighting waves of high-level enemies. Sometimes, it's the gameplay that counts, small and scenario-driven as some of it might be.

Again, you don't have to be invisible to invulnerable to make use of the galatine, that's just the BEST route. Similar to how you wouldn't use a soma without increased crit chance and damage.

I'm aware the prime weapons are not pay to win. My point is that by making all prime weapons on the same power level as the galatine and the orthos prime, that it would be taking a step towards that. No game that's allowed it's players to instantly buy high-power equipment has avoided it's player base grumbling that there's "too many of this" or "too powerful nerf plz". Prime weapon superiority was accepted before prime trading, because it WAS hard to get, and therefore justified the increased stats. Now, anybody could waltz into trade chat and purchase them. And since mastery rank doesn't prevent you from using primes, anyone of any mastery rank could have access to the strongest weapons in the game.

You argue letting people spend money to buy slightly better weapons, but that's not what OP suggested. They suggest making primes THE BEST melee weapons. And once DE makes the best weapons in the game available through buying, people are going to lose incentive to actually play the game, and use anything EXCEPT the best equipment, more so than it already does.

Add Prime weapon mastery ranks.

Fixed

If people still "buy" it they are either lazy or are sick of 1000 void runs for a single part.

I say -"buy" because most people i know trade for their platin.