The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Think People Realize How Large Melee 2.0 Is.

TurretGunZ

It's not just some new weapons or animation changes, its turning the Melee combat of Warframe into that of a Hack n' Slash Action console game to that of games like Devil May Cry. Something (at least im not sure) that has never been done with a large multiplayer online PC game like this before. This Update will change the very game of Warframe forever, something that could either make Warframe larger then what it ever thought of being or a horrible mess. Its all going to depend on how its handled by Digital Extremes. So if they have hundreds of people breathing down there neck saying to release it out of pressure, it could be the biggest mistake they have ever made. Nothing good has come out of rushing to release a new game or feature and Warframe will be no exception. So I know its very hard waiting in anticipation wanting it so badly, but something like this needs to be perfected and test the hell out of before release. I'm not telling you to be patient, but to just keep in mind of how important this is and give it time supporting the developers every step of the way. Always remember that Warframe would never have come this far if it wasent for player feedback. EDIT: I in NO way was trying to insult DE, I have faith in them, but I needed to address the people who keep complaining about how long its taking to release and have them know it will be worth the wait, as long as they accept that DE can do this without worries and have more confidence in themselves and their fans. This needed to be said.

Melee 2.0 has been a long time coming, DE are making sure that they are getting it done right.

Also, interesting fact, a good portion of the assets for it have already gone into the game, they are just locked until it is all ready to go.

Standard practice to keep update sizes reasonable.

edit, also upon a bit of (within the rules) digging, it seems that a bunch of stuff for the hubs are in there too.

Edited by Sixty5

Yeah I think that every week when I see the "melee 2.0 today" post every wednesday. The people on the forum got 2 choices for melee 2.0 beg for an early realise till it come out 1/2 way through being done so it sucks, complain about it on the forum starting a flame war yelling at the Devs saying they should have taken more time making it OR wait paciantly and be happy your getting anything at all

Edited by Sasoka

Oh get over it. Comment on what I said not how I said it.

If you expect people to pay attention to what you have to say, the LEAST you can do is make it easy to read, as a measure of common courtesy.

Just a little formatting would be nice.

Edited by Legion-Shields

I understand there testing/adding new content and thinking about whats to come next.

But DE needs to learn not to tell us dates at first they were like

End of February

Early March

In March

And now U13.

There working hard sure but just don't get my hopes up like that every stream, and then push it back another milestone.

Melee 2.0 was announced months ago, and has been getting constant change ever since. I agree with you but still.

This is a BETA and DE knows that. We're here to test, and give feedback for this, so if they were to release it as it is, we could help them shape it into what we want.

basically what he said was 

DE doesnt want to pull an EA and are making sure its good before shipping it cuz its a giant DLC worth of stuff

Melee 2.0 was announced months ago, and has been getting constant change ever since. I agree with you but still.

This is a BETA and DE knows that. We're here to test, and give feedback for this, so if they were to release it as it is, we could help them shape it into what we want.

and how many people ever actually treat a beta like a beta? they treat it like the actual game or a demo even....ever been in an mmo beta like SWTOR, ESO, WILDSTAR, etc etc?

Edited by Trouvo

If you expect people to pay attention to what you have to say, the LEAST you can do is make it easy to read, as a measure of common courtesy.

Well something like this is not simple and no one wants to take it seriously. It shouldn’t matter if I use grammar wrong or make hundreds of misspelled words. As fans you should be giving DE your complete support. Do you realize how stressful this has been for them?

you are right OP, we should have fun with all the new content we have and wait for melee 2.0 to come, patiently (sarcasm is so hard when writting).

the game is stagnant, for a few months by now, damn, we are hyped ( at least i am) for a freaking katana.

hyped for a katana in a ninja game.

people will be anxious and hyped for anything new in this game.

also, the real problem is how DE gives the information.

if you must announce something, you would do it when is in his early days of development? or when is nearly finished?

when is nearly finished is the way to go to avoid the bitterness from the player base when waiting.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Well something like this is not simple and no one wants to take it seriously. It shouldn’t matter if I use grammar wrong or make hundreds of misspelled words. As fans you should be giving DE your complete support. Do you realize how stressful this has been for them?

I feel you man I get this a lot but I'm worse mine would look that that but just one sentence also people we are really getting of topic this isn't a thread about how the OP sentence structure its about the people that are rushing the Devs on melee 2.0

Edited by Sasoka

EXACTLY. What's the point of us being beta testers if they won't let us test things?

Sorry can't read......

It's not just some new weapons or animation changes, its turning the Melee combat of Warframe into that of a Hack n' Slash Action console game to that of games like Devil May Cry. Something (at least im not sure) that has never been done with a large multiplayer online PC game like this before.

This Update will change the very game of Warframe forever, something that could either make Warframe larger then what it ever thought of being or a horrible mess. Its all going to depend on how its handled by Digital Extremes.

So if they have hundreds of people breathing down there neck saying to release it out of pressure, it could be the biggest mistake they have ever made. Nothing good has come out of rushing to release a new game or feature and Warframe will be no exception.

So I know its very hard waiting in anticipation wanting it so badly, but something like this needs to be perfected and test the hell out of before release. I'm not telling you to be patient, but to just keep in mind of how important this is and give it time supporting the developers every step of the way. Always remember that Warframe would never have come this far if it wasent for player feedback. \

EDIT: I in NO way was trying to insult DE, I have faith in them, but I needed to address the people who keep complaining about how long its taking to release and have them know it will be worth the wait, as long as they accept that DE can do this without worries and have more confidence in themselves and their fans. This needed to be said.

DE should have released a build at some point where we could swap to the melee weapon out by itself but still use the regular melee system. Then later we could have all the silly combos and crazyness that was later promised. 

It would have been a smaller upgrade but that was the original concept of melee 2.0. Now it keeps changing and growing and being reworked and delayed and being worked on and delayed and changed and delayed.... and.... 

I may be wrong but I dont think Warframe will be the first large multiplayer online game to have a meaningful Melee System by any means.

And you know what cooks my Kubrow when it comes to mentioning or asking for patience with DE`s promised releases? I am a gamer for sure. A Beta-tester... Maybe... I am definetly not a programming student nor a detective with free time to donate to DE.

I wouldnt mind waiting long periods for promised features/content if I trusted DE to either test them properly themselves before release (opinions aside, historically DE`s testing happens when the update hits) or that the frigging UPDATE NOTES would give me relevant information. Since historically DE has given us tons of changes that were never announced in ANY Update Notes, and dont seem to even WANT to improve on that aspect of their business, I cant give them the benefit of the doubt again.

Every company will be known for its products and its personality as an entity. We hear people say Oh EA games always -insert typical company behaviour-...

DE has a lot of true geniuses working there. But they cant communicate. They sure can market, even using staff looks and the personal bond that players feel towards some team members to their advantage. They cant decide, as a team, where some things should be headed, and they keep feeding us mystery meat. Lore is like that, it is incomplete for us because it is incomplete, period. We have the idea that it is just not fully revealed. I maintain it is not fully WRITTEN or developed at all.

Back on Melee 2.0. If DE didnt announce it when they fixed Loki`s invisibility working on sentinels (a HUGE issue that would have brought them praise ONLY), what makes me think the update notes for Melee 2.0 will be complete enough? Exactly, nothing. Beta testers (or the WF players that still are not bothered by that kubrowcrap) will be explained the system, and be left to slice dice smash their way thru the system with little to no knowledge of particular changes to weapons.

People are excited about it and hoping that every week is THE week. And it has been in development for weeks, if not months. I hope that it is released today. But I don't think it will be.

Also they specifically pointed to DMC and said "we don't want a melee systems like DMC's air juggling".

If you don't care about minimal presentation standards, people won't care about what you have to say.

This is true though....

Edited by SteeleTheShow