Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Least Favorite Warframe Power?

8bit_Ghost

Freeze.

I keep seeing "Wow, Nekros and Oberon have it so bad, their 1 doesn't even activate if you're not touching a target with the crosshair" complaints.

At least they don't toss 25 energy down the drain when the crosshair is off even by a tiny little bit. The lock-on requirement is a blessing, not a curse.

As you can see i dont post but this topic got my attention. 1 st place goes to silence hands down. I dont think i even have to explain why. 2 st place is Freeze the damn thing never hits NEVER EVER EVER EVER, NEVER even up close. I missed because it went trough a grineers armpit. When you are lucky for that 0.1% when it hits you shoot him and he is free. So yeah freeze... 3 rd split between vaubans troll bounce and excaliburs jump thing, those atleast have the 1% situational use.

Edited by Torchure

Soul Punch.

- Requires precise aiming for the skill to register\

That's an upside, not a downside. Abilities like Freeze simply fire a single-target projectile in the direction of the crosshair, meaning that if it's not precisely lined up, then 25 energy is instantly wasted because the projectile will simply miss. Nekros and Oberon don't have this problem.

I'm limiting this to abilities I actually use, and Desecrate is my least favorite. It's boring, RNG focused, and spammy. It's the spammiest of all spam abilties. I hate how I have to use it to get into Survival games, and how it doesn't fit Nekros at all. It needs to be removed.

I'm limiting this to abilities I actually use, and Desecrate is my least favorite. It's boring, RNG focused, and spammy. It's the spammiest of all spam abilties. I hate how I have to use it to get into Survival games, and how it doesn't fit Nekros at all. It needs to be removed.

Desecrate is our biggest bulwark against RNG, and it's a useful and rewarding ability that opens up alternative health and energy management options for Nekros and his team due to the availability of health orbs. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

Desecrate is our biggest bulwark against RNG, and it's a useful and rewarding ability that opens up alternative health and energy management options for Nekros and his team due to the availability of health orbs. 

Actually it's more heavily reliant on RNG. Here's what I mean"

-push 3

-expend energy

-Roll dice for every corpse

-Number check for if corpse is used

-roll dice

-Number check for if health orb is spawn

-roll dice

-Number check for corpse-unit's drop table to roll

-roll dice

-number check for what item drops from drop table

If at any point you get a wrong RNG number, you don't get the full ability. This is why I dislike it so much. Because there is a chance, first off, to expend energy and get nothing at all, and secondly because it's boring and non-engaging. If it got some form of rework, or even was just moved to a sentinel ability, i would love it so much more.

Poor usage of Snow Globe. I remember back in the day when Frosts would foolishly use Snow Globe on high wave infested defense, lock Toxic Ancients inside the globe with the pod, and force people to go in the pod with them to get rid of them because we couldn't shoot through them.

Actually it's more heavily reliant on RNG. Here's what I mean"

-push 3

-expend energy

-Roll dice for every corpse

-Number check for if corpse is used

-roll dice

-Number check for if health orb is spawn

-roll dice

-Number check for corpse-unit's drop table to roll

-roll dice

-number check for what item drops from drop table

If at any point you get a wrong RNG number, you don't get the full ability. This is why I dislike it so much. Because there is a chance, first off, to expend energy and get nothing at all, and secondly because it's boring and non-engaging. If it got some form of rework, or even was just moved to a sentinel ability, i would love it so much more.

Every corpse in range is affected so  there's no check there.  The chance to spawn a health orb is 60% and the chance after that is 90% to roll the drop table.  It's pretty consistent and with max efficiency (or 70% if you want to use SOTD more) you effectively have 100% chance for enemies to yield health orbs and a 90% for enemies to drop an additional item for around 7 energy/sec. 

Fireblast is useful,  for lower level infested missions. World on Fire is great, but if you dont need to do damage in a large area, and want to save your energy, then use Fireblast. Also if you are smart you can stack up a few fireblasts together into one area.

For me,

I fully leveled Bullet Attractor. I tried using this in a mission, and not sure what it really did because my sentinel kept killing the target each time.  I kept using it over and over trying to shoot the enemies. I mean i kill everything with 1 shot anyway, but did not look like the enemies exploded. When I read the description of Bullet Attractor.   I assume it is suppose to be like Molecular Prime, after the enemy is killed the enemies detonate, but did not see this happen.

So...

Bullet Attractor.

bullet attractor is mainly a defensive power, you should try using it with maximized power range on beefy enemys as it is basically is the opposite of turbolence, instead of deflecting bullets away from you you deflect them on someone else (this means that without range mods it's useless)

Every corpse in range is affected so  there's no check there.  The chance to spawn a health orb is 60% and the chance after that is 90% to roll the drop table.  It's pretty consistent and with max efficiency (or 70% if you want to use SOTD more) you effectively have 100% chance for enemies to yield health orbs and a 90% for enemies to drop an additional item for around 7 energy/sec. 

No I know that, but just the fact that it is so entirely RNG dependent, and has that little bit of chance to do nothing. (I once stood on a pile of corpses and looted them, only to get one corpse every time i pushed the button) If it was 100% chance to use the corpse and make health, with that RNG component afterwards to decide if it wants to reroll the drop table, that'd be better, and currently bring it up over Bounce, but until that happens this is my least favorite, and it's bound to stay in my least-like / hated powers list no matter what in it's current form. I don't mind the ability in general, but it being on a warframe is taking a slot away from that frame to have a more amazing power.

No I know that, but just the fact that it is so entirely RNG dependent, and has that little bit of chance to do nothing. (I once stood on a pile of corpses and looted them, only to get one corpse every time i pushed the button) If it was 100% chance to use the corpse and make health, with that RNG component afterwards to decide if it wants to reroll the drop table, that'd be better, and currently bring it up over Bounce, but until that happens this is my least favorite, and it's bound to stay in my least-like / hated powers list no matter what in it's current form. I don't mind the ability in general, but it being on a warframe is taking a slot away from that frame to have a more amazing power.

It is the only one of his powers I really care for, personally.  The punch sucks.  The fear could be okay, but not that impressive.  The limited number of targets plus them racing away just sort of makes it sub-par compared to so many other CC abilities out there.  Though perhaps if other CC abilities were a bit more balanced, also having a number of target limitation, it wouldn't seem so bad, though it could use a bit of a snare or something.  And his ultimate just creates a bunch of clutter that gets in the way, making it typically more annoying than helpful (like a Snow Globe used poorly).

Though it does suck when the RNG isn't with you.  It'd be nice if it was guaranteed to work on at least one corpse, and then went 60% from that point on..

Edited by Axterix13

Freeze.

It's a skillshot with travel time that has a miniscule profile, which will never hit anything. Furthermore, if it DOES hit something, it'll be frozen- but ONLY until that thing takes damage. Freeze needs a serious rework because as it stands I've slashed out that polarity for more things to help me spam Ice Wave and Avalanche.