The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto-Armor For Every Warframe?

Stefanovich

Hayden was the first Tenno way back in the good 'ol days, right? Then there must be a second, third, fourth (and so on) Tenno...right?

This might be a stretch, but what if DE made a Proto-Armor for each and every Warframe showing off the appearance of the first of their kind?

Like Hayden's Proto-Armor, these would be rugged and more human variants of the Warframes we know and love today.

They could be released in batches like the Immortal Skins, and I think they would just be amazing, and wouldn't be limited to Mr. Poster boy.

Whaddaya think? Bending lore too far, or merely expanding it to even greater lengths? Feel free to leave suggestions.

Nemesis skin for Nyx would be purely awesome.

Proto-skins wouldn't really make sense for any of the other Frames, though, as none of them have beginnings before the Orokin era. The "Proto Excalibur" suit was designed by the Soviets during the 1980s in Dark Sector lore, and the "Nemesis" suit, of course, appears at around the same time. No mention of any other Warframe-resembling bodysuit since then has been made, right up to the Orokin dubbing their newly-completed Excalibur suit  as "The First Warframe" thousands of years later.

Edited by SortaRandom

Cool idea, but no.  The Proto-Armor resembles Excalibur and Excalibur only.  Adding a Proto-Armor for every suit would violate lore and the very connection that Warframe claims to have with Dark Sector while making unnecessary work for an art team that should very well be working on other things.

Cool idea, but no.  The Proto-Armor resembles Excalibur and Excalibur only.  Adding a Proto-Armor for every suit would violate lore and the very connection that Warframe claims to have with Dark Sector while making unnecessary work for an art team that should very well be working on other things.

Let's all be honest here when we first saw the proto skin we thought of Ash not Excalibro granted it's probably better for it to be on Excalibro since he is the all rounder.

Let's all be honest here when we first saw the proto skin we thought of Ash not Excalibro granted it's probably better for it to be on Excalibro since he is the all rounder.

I thought of Excalibur.  Life lesson: never assume what others are thinking.

^ This x 1000

Only Excalibur should have the proto-armor skin.

It doesn't make sense or is necessary for any of the warframes to have a "proto-armor" skin.

I think this kind of alternate outfit should be made for all frames since the gritty feeling of the alternate outfit is great on Excal. However, Proto affix should be reserved for Excal and Nyx. Other frames should be named veteran, hardened, etc and modification should be made to reflect a more modern/dystopian feel of the current era.

Well,  I can imagine Rhino tiptoeing into Excal's room and steal the Protosuit already.  

The Proto skin (like everyone said) Hayden from dark sector, and the nemesis would be Nyx from dark sector. I however, do agree that every warframe should get an alternate model. If you'll notice, the proto Excalibur is a completely new model, and not just a skin.

But each model should fit the lore; proto Excalibur predates the Orokin, (Nemesis would predate the Orokin too in this case). And other frames should get their own stories, maybe Loki could get Asgardian Loki and he comes from a distant alien technology, Rhino could get Saharan Rhino because the earliest rhino was dug up from an Orokin mining site on earth (or wherever you find rhinos), volt could get Gigajoule Volt because electricity and stuff, etc etc, blah blah blah.

Whatever the Devs wanna do, I still think they should prioritize the Nemesis skin for the next anniversary.

Indeed...

As for nemesis = nyx probably her proto can be made,with a little tweaking on her body to adjust her proto armor size

I wouldn't mind Mk I Warframes for the others. Presumably when they came back from the Void all infected and magical or whatever the lore says, the Orokin or whatever side they were on had to build the suits for them, starting with prototypes and going through several iterations before resulting in the final warframes we have today.