Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Cancellation

MagPrime

It'd be nice if there was an option to stop a power after it's started.  Several times I've accidentally hit my Banshee's ult and have to wait for her to stop.  (New keyboard, and a "helpful" cat)  

Still lose half or all of the energy cost maybe?

The possibility for people to cancel channeled abilities after they were started would easily be exploited.

Then you have to think about the CDs on abilities where the CD starts after the cast finishes.

Channel a spell, cancel before end, start channel again....you can keep a spell going as long as you have energy, and with maxed out efficiency and energy this would get very silly very fast.

After giving it more thought, what about having the ability to cancel during the cast animation?  All energy would still be used, I think that would discourage exploitation, and no ability affects would be active until after the cast animation.  

The possibility for people to cancel channeled abilities after they were started would easily be exploited.

Then you have to think about the CDs on abilities where the CD starts after the cast finishes.

Channel a spell, cancel before end, start channel again....you can keep a spell going as long as you have energy, and with maxed out efficiency and energy this would get very silly very fast.

Could you give a couple of examples of these abuse cases?