The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Somewhere someone is playing on U13.. let it be known.. but really though as surprising as it may sounds coming from a PS4 player, I can wait the 2-3weeks or even a month until PS4 would get U13.

Actually considering making a PC account, and rocking Excaliber to test out melee 2.0 before it launches on PS4.

As if no one else has already noticed, the rest of the PS4 community threads keep everyone (including myself) very well entertained in the mean time.

So you're defending what they just did?

Hyping something up and then spitting on it a the last moment?

People like you are the reason why devs everywhere stop putting in any effort. Because they know that even when they do stupid crap shills will still love them.

You have the power to quit anytime. Don't let the door kick you on your way out..mmmk?

Did anyone else skip the front page and immediately to the forums? I did, didn't like what I was reading and thought, "this has gotta be some late april fools joke". Then went to the front page, and saw the forma,cata,reactor events and thought "Sweet, free stuff could definitely use this stuff for todays update!" then I saw the dates....

Oh god why?!

did anyone else think it was an attempt at a bad joke, or was that just my wishful thinking?

You can hyper thread and hope all you want. That's this weeks update, Enjoy. Three oops "gifts" and another week to wait and hope they get it together.

Ive heard "Soon" "Next Week" for months now... im just log into ESO and not give a S#&$ anymore. 

I have a good feeling they will drop it on us today. A lot of signs point to it. The grineer systems, its around the 2 month mark from U12 and there's a Devstream this week so if it does come out, they will be able to talk about it. Im going to get hyped, but if nothing comes, I'll be sad...

Welp, Im going to get hyped regardless.

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

They made a miscalculation and delayed it so they can make the update better AND gave us compensation. Yet people act like they stepped on a puppy's toes, grabbed it by the tail, and used it as a weapon to bludgeon them. They act like they are evil when things just didn't work out as planned.

Maybe they could have been competent and actually delivered.

They are the one hurting us.

Upvoted. Blind zealotry is a horrible thing in a game, and I edited my post to reflect that people are reading my post wrong.

Delays happen. Projects evolve beyond their initial conception and things change. Yes DE should possibly have done a better job communicating with us to let us know there would be a delay but problems arise and quite frankly the level of entitlement on display atm is absolutely staggering for an update that not one member of staff actually confirmed as releasing today.

We worked ourselves into a frenzy over this upcoming content because usually all we have to go off of for new content is little pieces of info garnered here and them from devstreams and sneak peaks and this time they did something different whilst at the same time being hindered by an unexpected setback. Yes part of the blame can be put on DE for not communicating with us more clearly but we're just as much to blame for working ourselves up in the first place and the staggering amount of entitlement on display from the community because DE actually cares enough to make sure this update comes out the way they want it to.

You have every right to be upset but this sort of backlash is not constructive and it makes the whole lot of us look like a bunch of spoiled brats.

So you're defending what they just did?

Hyping something up and then spitting on it a the last moment?

People like you are the reason why devs everywhere stop putting in any effort. Because they know that even when they do stupid crap shills will still love them.

Stuff happens in game development that you just can't foresee happening.

People like you are the reason we receive pieces of S#&$ games on launch (Battlefield 4 anyone?) because you can't wait for another week (or in Battlefield 4's case, should have been released a few months later). NOPE GOTTA HAVE IT NOW. Then you wanna go to the forum and complain about the bugs with the most arrogant and entitled language instead of being polite and properly reporting found bugs and exploits.

I'm equating you and everyone else complaining about the update being pushed back to EA employees and stockholders.

Edited by Kloaked

they have before split an update up because it wasnt ready. nothing wrong with that. Whats most frustrating is they are over complicating something that didnt need an overhaul. The only thing people wanted was long swords and similar single target weapons to become more viable. Thats a simple change in values. Now we get melee 2.0 a system no one asked for because the current system is fine (minus swords) which will be broken for at least 2 months after release anyways. We have evidence to support that it wont be ready when its released anyways (dmg.2.0). With dmg 2.0 there are still HUGE problems with how it works. For example several weapons went from being fun and unique to this weapon is so trash i may as well sell it for 5k creds. at least the creds will get me somewhere in the game.

We can expect the same level of incompleteness with melee 2.0

Whats most annoying as a veteran player is having to relevel all those weapons just so you can find one that works well since all your favorites are now at the bottom of the trash barrel.

If you ask me, melee will be less viable after melee 2.0 then it was before. Just like it was more viable before dmg 2.0.

This is the end of an era of melee. tenno have evolved into murikans. rifles... rifles err'where

Did you ever stop and think that most of the update is intertwined with one affecting the other so they couldn't do a split release and I have never let my favorite weapons being trash stop me from enjoying them there is always a way around things. Heck I still use the skana on high level planets just because I want to never stopped me from enjoying it. Melee 2.0 could also have fixes in it that improve damage 2.0 and make it work well with melee 2.0 but we won't know until its released you can't go making assumptions bases on theory's when truly they didn't show us eactly what melee 2.0 entails just a tad of whats in it so lets wait and see before we whine and complain ok?.