The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I've been killing time waiting for U13 playing GuildWars2 again. I'd put the game down for a good while. Getting back into it a bit now because apparently they're doing some overhaul patching over there too.

Been relatively enjoyable. I'm able to wait as long as I need to. Still doesn't make it less annoying to see the hype train derail but that isn't something I can do anything about.

Hello Blatant, is Guild Wars 2 worth to buy? I'm planning to get alternative games to calm the rage. I'm playing RIFT atm which is really awesome but when I see GW2 it looks promising. However my friends say that it's also alot of grind and there is no end game to it at all. Any thoughts?

have it and have not got around to downloading and installing it yet , heard it was a good game however harsh winters seem to come faster than usual is what most people say

Just build crapload of food production and you are fine. I advise Gatherer Huts and Hunting Lodges.

I know but delay everything for a whole week when some of it is ready makes little sense to me.

It's not as simple as releasing the bits and pieces that "work". Code and programming does not work that way. They had no plans other than to release Update 13 today. There were no contingencies, no back ups. It was Update 13 or nothing. 

P.S. As someone who took programming classes in school, I can personally say that even the smallest error, an "," instead of an ".", or upper vs. lower case can be a matter of whether your project works or completely implodes in on itself.

the teaser was a bad move. a lot of people expected u13 to drop when the final screen was decoded. either don't tease or tease a week later next time. my soul pains. 

i for one got really excited and then now i have to wait another week!

What was absolutely ridiculous was that instead of an apology and explanation, we got that response from DERebecca. "See you next wednesday". "Or check out the Friday Devstream". " Sorry no Reinforcements AT ALL today".

Oh come on. You guys can surely do better than that. Is it so hard to give us at least a preview item from what you are promising to give us next wednesday ? Absolutely no explanation other than "nope no update today " !?. I really did take time out to play this game this week, and will not be able to take the time off next week. So it really is annoying, especially as a loyal customer and player who's supported DE since the start of open Beta. 

Actions like this might seem minor and forgettable in the short-term, but company goodwill among customers, a good PR policy and trust go a long way. All the big-name game companies who the fanboys are thrashing on this forum learn from their mistakes and make changes. 

Edited by Deathstroke2000

Which is why they outright lied about the void loot drop tables? I can name several companies that haven't done nearly as bad as to intentionally lie about game mechanics. Oh well, at least it's not the secret world.

Don't know if you mind me asking, but do you have a source on this?

I don't remember this happening.

What was absolutely ridiculous was that instead of an apology and explanation, we got that response from DERebecca. "See you next wednesday". "Or check out the Friday Devstream". " Sorry no Reinforcements AT ALL today".

Oh come on. You guys can surely do better than that. Is it so hard to give us at least a preview item from what you are promising to give us next wednesday ? Absolutely no explanation other than "nope no update today " !?. I really did take time out to play this game this week, and will not be able to take the time off next week. So it really is annoying, especially as a loyal customer and player who's supported DE since the start of open Beta. 

Actions like this might seem minor and forgettable in the short-term, but company goodwill among customers, a good PR policy and trust go a long way. All the big-name game companies who the fanboys are thrashing on this forum learn from their mistakes and make changes. 

Actually, they left a post this morning n the megathread, right off the bat, announcing it. Pay more attention to what they say before you start accusing them of not saying things.

I did pay attention and yes I've seen what you're referring to. Not one but several players saw the timer in the Grineer web page and posted about it in the megathread before DE actually stepped up and confirmed that U13 is indeed being delayed. They did "confirm" that it is to be delayed but didn't provide detailed reasons on why it is being delayed.

Please next time don't accuse me of blindly bashing/accusing people.

the teaser was a bad move. a lot of people expected u13 to drop when the final screen was decoded. either don't tease or tease a week later next time. my soul pains. 

i for one got really excited and then now i have to wait another week!

you know i told people that it would not be coming this week even before the last 3 tease pictures were put up and the lotus alerts, yet what happened i got all the S#&$ and slack for it. xD

i still think the 9th , ALSO what clues ? just because they start up a new domain and fill it with teases does not mean it comes the next week after

i dunno why i somehow knew it would just come out on the 9th even tho it was planned for yesterday , i dunno if i jinxed it or what not but somehow i called it xD

Self entitled PC players. Get one delay and there's 50 threads and the sky is falling.

was never like this in the past , must be the new comers / hardcore players getting impatient and or worse losing their patience's each time warframe lives on