The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Who else thinks the next update is going to come out on the 8th? There's a lot of evidence to suggest it will:

~The countdown on the Grineer Systems page will hit 0 on the 8th

~The last Gift of the Lotus alert will end on the 8th

~Probably many other things I don't even know about!

Like two certain posts from the community managers...

Did DE originally intend a last minute second timer? No.

Do we want to trust Dev that they need just 1 week more time? Yes.

For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

The Teaser site was planned for the Update to go live today, so we understand the frustration when players saw a Timer instead of an Update. We goofed and we know it. But please stick around with us, and at the very least accept our apology alerts. We're still working on Update 13 so that when it goes live we can say we're happy and proud of what you'll be playing.

8/14 looks like august 14th

For 'Muricans maybe but for the rest of the world who doesn't uses the system as in the next image, nope.

1320841711613.jpg

Edited by xlraistlx

I thought a "White Knight" meant a fanboy coming to the defense of his beloved devs....

I thought "White Knight" meant a person coming to the aid of someone(typically one who says they are female) when they have no reason to. That's how I had always seen it used.

If you look up the Grineer alphabet, the count down at the last or sixth screen says: 7, 6. There are room for 5 4 3 2 1. So that means as of the day I post this there will be 5 more days until the realease. I only translated one of the wall writings and it said manifesto, im not sure that these wall writings have anything to do with spoilers of any sort. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grineer_Alphabet Translate for yourself here tenno!

For 'Muricans maybe but for the rest of the world who doesn't uses the system as in the next image, nope.

1320841711613.jpg

It does make sense though, when you say a  date, like April 4th, 2014, you are putting the month first. The only date I know of that puts the day number first is the 4th of July, which I think people just want to make it seem special because it is a holiday.

White Knight are the people saying, 

Guys Guys, we don't want bugs in a Beta, let DE have as much time as they want, delay it a year, whatever DE wants, 2 years? yeah that's fine.

Guys Guys, even though you were you going to drop 50 bucks today on update 13 megabundle and plat you should be happy, because your getting a 2 free potatos and forma, that's right, DE is giving you 4 dollars of stuff for free.

Guys Guys, I know it's a delay but how good is that second countdown timer. It's just so beautiful.

Guys Guys, I know you wish they had posted a response but think about it they are going to do a Dev stream! 

Guys Guys just because broken lights affects your epilepsy or migraines doesn't mean they should be taken out, broken lights are the best thing DE has ever done

Agh you get the picture.

It does make sense though, when you say a  date, like April 4th, 2014, you are putting the month first. The only date I know of that puts the day number first is the 4th of July, which I think people just want to make it seem special because it is a holiday.

It may on english but in my native language it just sounds very weird start with the month.

It should have been released when all the screens were full.

Its not self entitlement its the god dam screens that were telling a story

I love DE, Iam a founder. 

I love the game, I am a founder

so hear this when I say, they should have at least done something other then throw us catalysts and forma

A giant wall of what happened  from DERebecca or from another Dev would have been nice saying " WELL so, we uploaded the patch and it blue screened the computer, so because of that and because we don't want to ruin anyone's system we will be postponing the patch till X date so we can be sure we do not cause any hardware malfunctions" Or something explaining what happened

A small response saying there will be no update and NO tenno reinforcements with a cold remark about if you care about the catalysts or not statement is harsh.

Its not bullying DE nor is it self entitlement.

Its criticism that is well deserved and I believe they need to hear.

A giant wall of what happened  from DERebecca or from another Dev would have been nice saying " WELL so, we uploaded the patch and it blue screened the computer, so because of that and because we don't want to ruin anyone's system we will be postponing the patch till X date so we can be sure we do not cause any hardware malfunctions" Or something explaining what happened

There is nothing in this thread, or anywhere on the forums that would make me believe that anything DE would have done or said yesterday would have been accepted as an adequate explanation to the delay.  Those who are complaining now would be complaining regardless, just like they are always complaining.

All that butthurt for a simple delay is really getting annoying. You guys should really stop acting like a spoiled child.

all that butthurt for all the butthurt is getting annoying. You guys should really stop acting like a spoiled child.

In my opinion, It would quell at least my expectations by giving me an explanation to ride on.

you are correct, the majority would still be whiny

I still believe an explanation would be nice

but *shrugs* we can only argue back n forth on it xP

After all set and done, i think its time the community should just let it go and watch tomorrow's livestream and see what the devs have to say. 

P.S. I think the team already felt bad enough for what happened yesterday.

In my opinion, It would quell at least my expectations by giving me an explanation to ride on.

you are correct, the majority would still be whiny

I still believe an explanation would be nice

but *shrugs* we can only argue back n forth on it xP

Do we need to know more than it's delayed?

What does a technical explanation dealing with frame rate do to stop people from complaining about a delay?

I thought "White Knight" meant a person coming to the aid of someone(typically one who says they are female) when they have no reason to. That's how I had always seen it used.

I've seen it used that way, too, but I thought that on this forum (specifically in this thread over the past 24 hours or so) it meant a fanboy defending the devs. 

There is nothing in this thread, or anywhere on the forums that would make me believe that anything DE would have done or said yesterday would have been accepted as an adequate explanation to the delay.  Those who are complaining now would be complaining regardless, just like they are always complaining.

Not true. If they hadn't just put up a new counter, let the forums rage for a couple hours, and then make a snarky reply I wouldn't have said a word except I was dissapointed. All it would have taken was a sticky thread or news post with a "look here's whats up" would have worked perfectly fine. The devs need to know this and not pull this kind of nonsense again. I love Warframe and DE but they aren't perfect.

That being said I hope we get just a little more than planned for u13. I'm not talking freebies or huge additions but maybe throw in an extra weapon or something to build. Something that wasn't planned to go in til the next reinforcement which would be right on schedule for it anyway. Then again unless we're told we will never know its extra.