Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Obssessed With Prime Warframes?

kscott190

Except Excalibur and Rhino Prime have better stats than their counter parts. If you like either base versions, using the Prime is a no brainer based on stats alone, if you have access to them.

And really, if you are not going to use platinum to get your Frames and are going to rely on RNG to obtain your it, why not farm the Prime version?

I'd love to be able to do a side-by-side comparison...

However, then, if it is, then a reason people are fascinated by it is due to the myth of if being better.

Shield recharge is determined by the total amount of shields. Excal Prime and stock Excalibur have the same base shields.

And people aren't "fascinated" by Excal Prime because they think its better. They want it because they can't have it.

Edited by Ionus

I like the lore implications. Recovering the ancient suits that were used before the Tenno turned on the Orokin. It feels like revisiting and reclaiming forgotten history. I can see my Tenno picking through the system of the Void towers looking for the answers that had been forgotten and finding long lost tech.

I also like the idea of facing off against the Grineer or Corpus wearing a Prime Warframe, I can't help but feel like it puts that extra level of "fear of god" into them, like the Orokin themselves have come to hunt them down.

I wish there was some extra dialogue they gave out when spotting a Tenno wearing a Prime Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius

Shield recharge is determined by the total amount of shields. Excal Prime and stock Excalibur have the same base shields.

And people aren't "fascinated" by Excal Prime because they think its better. They want it because they can't have it.

That's a bit disingenuous. Some people are fascinated by it because they can't have it. Some people are fascinated by it because its shiny. Some people are fascinated by it because its been said to be better than regular frames. Some people are fascinated by it because they want the mastery... there are lots of reasons, really.

prime warframes are better then the normal ones. You cant buy the blueprints like the others and they look better and looks matter don't say they don't  and Excalibur prime looks so different from the others because for one he is the main character in warframe and he was the first so he have to look different from the other warframes and stand out but mosty he stands out because he was for PC only smh.

That's a bit disingenuous. Some people are fascinated by it because they can't have it. Some people are fascinated by it because its shiny. Some people are fascinated by it because its been said to be better than regular frames. Some people are fascinated by it because they want the mastery... there are lots of reasons, really.

Of which the majority wants him because he's shiny and exclusive.

It's not exactly like there a big improvement over the originals, other than rhion Prime they offer nothing but a fancy looking skin which should just be available in the market

well they look better...

and sure they have more stuff..

but it'snt the fact they look better enough ?

90% of this game about being a BAD A**. From running on walls to immortal skins to sentinel accessories. Looking cool, a big thing in this game. Clearly it's not for everyone, but my bet would be it's for maybe 96% of player love to look cool while doing cool things that make their teammate think they're cool. Why do you spin the Marelok after you fire it? Because your playing Warframe. That's only one example.

I prefer the original warframe design from Dark Sector Guyver homage/ripoff to primes. Gold rim is great on 40k Chaos Marines but I do not want it on a symbiote suit.

Well then you have the regular warframes and the proto-armor to use. The less people using Primes, the more special and unique it is.

It's not exactly like there a big improvement over the originals, other than rhion Prime they offer nothing but a fancy looking skin which should just be available in the market

It must be earn, not given and bought. Unless you mean Primealibur.

Of which the majority wants him because he's shiny and exclusive.

No... that's disingenuous. I might be persuaded to agree that the majority wants him because he's shiny or because he's exclusive - or just because he's shiny; but not because he's shiny *and* exclusive. Honestly, I don't understand the whole "I want it because its rare." thing (on either the have, or have not end). But, that's a whole other thread.

I'd say there are two components as to why I'd want him:

1) He may or may not have stat bonuses over the regular Excalibur.

2) I like to have full sets of things, and I'm not building any Prime warframes, including the best looking warframe in the game (Ember Prime) and the one frame to rule all frames (Rhino Prime), because I wouldn't be able to have a full set of existing Prime warframes.

And, to try to head off any arguments: yes, I know #1 may or may not be true. And, yes, I know #2 has to do with my own personal collection issues.

yes.

ohmy,  Ember Prime... ohmy.

Mmm-hmm.