The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Obssessed With Prime Warframes?

kscott190

I am not as confused as the OP, but I agree with the sentiment. I don't like most Primes (but some look good).

What scares me is that DE has said they plan to make Primes more special in a future update. And we already have a few that have better stats in some way. It'll only get worse, and I much prefer Frost over Frost Prime's look. I forma'd him a few times even though I got Frost Prime a long time ago, when Frost had no forma in him. For now, I can still use Frost without much disadvantage vs Prime, but if DE reworks Primes to be direct upgrades with unique abilities (such as the little benefit they get in the Void), then it will suck for non-Primes... unless I can make my prime look non-prime as an option, then I'll just suck up the spent forma on Frost and go with it.

Because a gilded cage is something these people love being inside. Beautiful on the outside, completely disappointing otherwise. I challenge someone to tell me the regular variants can't match the primes in any way, all I have to do is throw a forma or two in there and its solved. Experienced players have at least 20 forma blueprints, it isn't a hard problem to solve. A pretty skin doesn't make up for the fact you've either spent time farming or platinum trading (or for people who buy prime access, money), for a shiny toy that doesn't do anything different from its regular variant. The primes need a buff, flat out.

Truth dat. The only problem I see is that when founders get excalibur prime buffed..... well let's say the forum will go down in flames...

The problem is the growing that slowly ends with paying members getting a lot more, a lot faster.

I imagine DE is trying to not alienate their free players, it seems like a small problem, but it can grow, and when it does, it will become less and less popular.

It is a slippery slope.

Edited by ASilverblade

The problem is the growing that slowly ends with paying members getting a lot more, a lot faster.

That is pretty much what they do now.... pay to get X instantly. Well they do not offer much advantage over the originals (yet).

Some people would consider this already harmful. See 

(Sigh) Rhino gets his speed buff and golden skin, Loki gets a nice looking decoy, but where is his speed buff?

GIMME THE OLD SPEED.

I don't recall Loki ever being faster than he is currently. He got a nice lex prime on his decoy, and he got +25 base energy (+75 over the 150 base frames at max)

I think DE missed an opportunity of sorts. All primes should have more polarity slots and a an extra minor perk (sort of how like Rhino Prime is slightly faster). Part of the cost of making a prime frame should be the original frame in addition to the regular cost (since the prime frames are better, there would be little point to have the none prime frame).