The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt = End Game Frame

(PSN)Jonesie_78

Question

21 answers to this question

Electric shield is one of the best defense in the game

Snowglobe. Chaos. Rhino stomp. M Prime. Iron Skin. Turbulence. Radial Blind.

ES is just a really thin wall that can be a damage down and can't move. All but SG are mobile and better. SG is statistically and practically better than ES. Hell you can make SG an ES that works in 360 degrees and doesn't mess with your damage. ES can't defend the Cryopod as efficiently.

Electric shield is one of the best defense in the game

So much to learn. -_- Turbulence is easily 90000000x better than ES as it prevents you from being able to be hit by bullets from a 360 degrees radius while allowing freedom of motion and not being static, It may not protect from bombards lock ons but they are infrequent and easily avoidable.

Edited by JustTotallyEpic

Damage amplification. Better crowd control. Better defense against projectiles.

Speed is irrelevant. Hitscan is a crutch, not a requirement.

^yeah, these would be nice

it's all about CC and damage buffing for high-level content. and trinity. maybe this water frame will complement volt, though, if he/she has a skill sort of like accelerant that buffs electric damage. I'm thinking electric and ice would be fitting. then volts skills might do alright with a little synergy

Volt is good but not great. He is very fun to play but you are still outclassed by frames which perform more specific roles. 

Electric shield could be so much better if you could increase its size with range mods OR if it was mobile in front of your character. Either of these things would make Volt far more viable for high tier content.

Volt is all-round frame but far from what I would call end game frame.

1. Stun from shock is too short. Damage is negligible.

2. Eshield is stationary power and area which it covers is very little. The only saving grace is how it turns projectile into hitscan and eliminates shotgun falloff. But that isn't enough to compensate lack of mobility.

3. Speed is probably going to be a bit more important in melee2.0 since you can use it to close gap quite quickly.

4. His ultimate is rather meh. Damage with little utility is pointless in high level.

He needs better CC. 

Best defense depends, it is either Rhino iron skin which is personal knockback defense or Trinity Blessing which is invulnerability. Volt is indeed pretty useful in hard missions though. I see a lot of them in T3 towers. Other common frames there are Trinity, Rhino.

When doing high level content iron skin becomes irrelevant and a waste of time modding for as enemies drop it so quickly, but trinity definatley and although volts damage is better than it was, it's still not above average.  

Many things. Many many things. Lowest tier frame.

I think you are forgetting Banshee.  I know banshee can help in defence or really late-game survival, but Volt is just more useful all round.  

Stun, invisible shield (makes all weapons hit scan) & speed buff - what more could you want.

People want everything there is, so to answer, we could want literally everything else.  His speed effect could be a rainbow, when he uses overload he could be pulling the fingers, shock could turn weapons it useless pieces of metal, and Volt could have a helmet that benefits him without making it look like his eye swelled up, and is about to burst forth from his helmet leaving behind what could only be described as gummy lollies left on the side walk for a few too many months.

I enjoy Volt btw, but end-game....  not really with the combat style that Warframe (or rather Warframe's community) has as its end-game.

I think you are forgetting Banshee.  I know banshee can help in defence or really late-game survival, but Volt is just more useful all round.  

People want everything there is, so to answer, we could want literally everything else.  His speed effect could be a rainbow, when he uses overload he could be pulling the fingers, shock could turn weapons it useless pieces of metal, and Volt could have a helmet that benefits him without making it look like his eye swelled up, and is about to burst forth from his helmet leaving behind what could only be described as gummy lollies left on the side walk for a few too many months.

I enjoy Volt btw, but end-game....  not really with the combat style that Warframe (or rather Warframe's community) has as its end-game.

Volt is more useful than banshee?

5534dc946c381785cfd458a6b5e0b7f027762bbe

Volt has a smattering of abilities that work decently by themselves, but don't mesh together well. He's useful for rush missions and Invasions, though.

I don't play him so I can't offer any buffs other than to make Shield more mobile and to give Shock more stun time.

Many things. Many many things. Lowest tier frame.

That would be Ash. Volt at least attempts to offer some utility to his team. Ash gives a team nothing, and is in fact a hindrance more often than not because of his ult.

rDUbru8.gif

lol.

Edited by Noble_Cactus