Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Name The New Water Frame Cthulhu.

immolator1001

Not giving names but guessing possible location for the blue prints, as its a water one, best bet would be Neptune I think for its appearnce

Nonononono don't dare changing yet another planet. DE needs to make new planets, some with new content and every planet should have one speical node that doesnt have to be passed but is higher level for endgame purposes being availible on different tilesets. In fact I'll start la feedback threqd on that once i arrive home and can use a keyboard.

He's probably gonna be called Tiburon

Or Poseidon

ooor davy Jones XD

I would love Tyboor'n or something too :) As for the OP, I feel Cthulu is too particularly unique as a name, rather well known - it's like naming the frame Edward. Sry but I feel that just isn't good.

Water-frame already looks like Davey-Jones/Cthulhu. It would be bad to name it either one of those.

I'm sure Cthulhu is copyrighted anyways. Plus many people don't know how to pronounce it because of the weird spelling, so it would be a poor choice. People would be sitting there like... shhthhhulllllwhooooo?

Well, I don't want to hurt the feelings of anyone but Hydroid sounds so incredibly "out-of-an-afternoon-cartoon-for-kids" that it hurts. I renounce my previous post, Cathulu is much better, yes, I want the water-frame to be called Cathulu. Hell, even Katara would be better.

Here are some name ideas that would be more fitting and have some more thought put into them than some name that references some other character in some other media (I wouldn't be opposed to davy jones, Neptune or Poseidon, but Hydroid is just crap and I'm not sure how to pronounce cthulu), they are as follows:

1) Dubhglas - a name of Scottish, Irish, and Gaelic origin meaning 'from the dark water'.  Douglas could also work as it means 'Dark Water'

2) Dax - an English/French name meaning 'water'. could fit a bit better.

3) Dour - a Scottish name meaning 'from the water'.  his profile vid did say he was a mystery from the depths.

4) Calder - Scottish names meaning 'rough waters'.  slightly more intimidating name meaning then the others IMO.

there's my 2 cents worth on a name suggestion.  however crappy they may be, they're still better than the name we got.

Edited by andymous87