Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Ok so merge is you think this needs to be merged but I think this is a seperate discussion.

The Waterframe looks really cool, has nifty powers, BUT is currently named... Hydroid.

I don't know about you but I am underwhelmed by this name.  The community has produced some very interesting names, mythological names, but Hydroid is a bit... I dunno, in my opinion, on the nose and a little dull.

Just curious what people think, should DE hold another poll to name it?  Are you satisfied with "Hydroid"?

I prefer Dagon the Lord of the Deep from the Lovecraftian Mythos.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Hydroid, on a first glance, truly reminded me of Davy Jones, from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Especially with its alternate helmet, which is a pirate's hat. Then his fourth ability gave credit to the phrase "Release the Kraken!", in my own opinion.

And when you combine both, you get:

Edited by JRMC

De have never changed the name of a Warframe, we will have to get used to the lame name Hydroid.

This is not true they have not changed the name of a released frame but this frame hasn't been release and they have on several occasions accepted community feedback on soon to be released warframes in regards to their name.

This is not true they have not changed the name of a released frame but this frame hasn't been release and they have on several occasions accepted community feedback on soon to be released warframes in regards to their name.

Wasn't ash supposed to be smoke?

Tenno in the recent Dev Stream it was revealed that the new Water Frame was called: Hydroid.

Frankly myself and most Tenno in the live chat disliked the name; so IF Hydroid was renamed what should we call it? Before the name was announced people called the Frame cool names like: Leviathan, Kraken, Triton, and Cthulhu to name a few which are all some very cool names for the frame. Also in the live stream it was revealed the powers were creating waves of water, becoming a puddle (PUDDLES THE WARFRAME lol), and his Ultimate being able to make tentacles that hurl enemies away. So these things in mind, what should we name the Warframe? Should we go for a more stylish name, abbreviate Hydroid's name to something more sound appealing like Hydro? Call him Puddles for a nice joke, or simply leave his name as Hydroid?