Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

500+ Weapons By Mastery Lvl 30

AnonCat

Currently we have 139 obtainable weapons, 23 warframes (soon 24), 6 sentinels and their weapons, and 239 nodes that award mastery.

Weapons:       417k 67%

Warframes:     138k 22%

Sentinels:         36k 6%

Sentinel Weps: 18k 3%

Nodes:             14k 2%

Total: 623k Mastery

Roughly 67% of our current mastery comes from weapons alone. With the maximum Mastery lvl 30 requiring 2.2 million mastery points, and assuming they stay in the vicinity of current ratios, we will have just over 500 unique weapons by then.

Is this too many guns and blades to pick from? Will they release additional sources of mastery?

Fast fact: We have roughly 6 weapons for each warframe. Two for each equip slot!

Edited by -CM-AnonCat

They might add more mastery xp like the completion of the solar system (completing all the nodes).

The focus end game could provide mpre mastery XP. The Faction You choose to work with could also provide mastery XP for each promotion In the Faction. Bad lands could potentially give you mastery XP by controlling a solar rail for a certain Period of time (prompts an achievement aswell for every person in the clan or alliance

Edited by Phobose

When they do make the other ranks available I am sure they will make star chart XP worth more or something along those lines because I don't see them adding that many weapons.

Or they could just add more areas to the star chart if DE is willing to use moons like phobos then there is a lot to chose from plus the description for pluto implys that we might be able to go to other solar systems eventually.

I really wish they would slow waaaay down on weapon releases and focus on making the current weapons feel varied and awesome. I see Factions as the most likely future source of mastery.

Edited by -CM-AnonCat

Currently we have 139 obtainable weapons, 23 warframes (soon 24), 6 sentinels and their weapons, and 239 nodes that award mastery.

Weapons:       417k 67%

Warframes:     138k 22%

Sentinels:         36k 6%

Sentinel Weps: 18k 3%

Nodes:             14k 2%

Total: 623k Mastery

Roughly 67% of our current mastery comes from weapons alone. With the maximum Mastery lvl 30 requiring 2.2 million mastery points, and assuming they stay in the vicinity of current ratios, we will have just over 500 unique weapons by then.

Is this too many guns and blades to pick from? Will they release additional sources of mastery?

Fast fact: We have roughly 6 weapons for each warframe. Two for each equip slot!

Fun, huh? :P

I can only assume that things will take a big tweak in sources of mastery, how much whatever source giving however more amount in mastery, mastery ranks and restictions bring changed/added/subtracted/multiplied/divided... whatever. We get the jist if what I'm trying to say; its either mastery and rank tweaks are SOON, or we are gonna wind up hospitalized from playing this great game, mastering SO... MUCH... STUFF!!!

Game be just too beautiful and grand, yo!!!

barfing-rainbows.jpg

They are likely to bring more ways to gain Experience, just think of the Focus system. This sounds like a very logical addition to gain Mastery XP, as it is based on experience gathered beyond level 30.

Then they announced the reputation-system-kind-of-thing, and like other games where reputation caps out at some point, I guess this can well flow into mastery rank as well. Who knows what else they are going to bring? They could also decide to "A supercharger increases your mod cap to double, but doesn't give you double capacity each level, but it means you can gain 30 additional levels for your mastery." This would double the possible experience gained from Weapons and Warframes, drastically increasing the highest obtainable rank just so, without relying on ridiculous 500+ weapons.

We have to remember, beta is beta, and things are about to change. They might as well flatten the experience curve, and even put a cap on XP per rank after a certain rank, say, 10 or so, making every rank of 11+ the exact same amount of XP. I I wouldn't wonder if they are reducing the amount it takes per rank, but distribute more gear and other things further down the road.

There is so much to do, and I think when the time is right, they will adjust this. Who knows, perhaps we already see such an adjustment with the upcoming announced systems?

Fun, huh? :P

I can only assume that things will take a big tweak in sources of mastery, how much whatever source giving however more amount in mastery, mastery ranks and restictions bring changed/added/subtracted/multiplied/divided... whatever. We get the jist if what I'm trying to say; its either mastery and rank tweaks are SOON, or we are gonna wind up hospitalized from playing this great game, mastering SO... MUCH... STUFF!!!

Game be just too beautiful and grand, yo!!!

barfing-rainbows.jpg

I love the numbers and mechanics more than the game. =3

My understanding is that later on, we'll surely have some mean to accumulate mastery other than the ones we currently have. I highly doubt we'll ever have enough weapons, Warframes and other items that can be leveled to reach Mastery 30.

DE will likely run out of weapon/warframe ideas by then and given that I'd suspect that we'll never go 'Release' before we have means to get to MR30, it would be irrealistic to think they'll keep adding more weapons at the current pace unless they plan to keep Warframe in beta status for YEARS.

So yeah, I'd expect perhaps one of those 'endgame' plans to have a system where players can gain experience independantly from gear and star chart progression.

While DE will probably release new sources of mastery (more star chart nodes, the focus system, and faction reputation seem the most likely), I wouldn't mind having 500+ weapons (and roughly 80 frames, assuming the distribution remains the same!).  However, all weapons would need to still be useful and feel unique.  Plus, the core gameplay would need to be ironed out and expanded greatly in order to prevent players from getting bored. 

While it seems unlikely at first glance that DE can come up with so many unique weapon ideas, they have shown that they are capable of a surprising amount of variety when they really put their minds to it.  They've also barely scratched the surface of the elemental system.  Lastly, they can (and most assuredly will) drastically cut down on the amount of unique weapons they need to make by utilizing dual pistol/melee and vandal/dex/wraith/prime variants, as well as by having related rifles and pistols (such as the Grinlok and Marelok).  By my count, there are currently 101 unique weapons in the game, which means that DE could potentially have over 500 weapons right now if they gave every weapon as many variants as possible (6 for most pistols and short-melee weapons, 3 for everything else).  That would be extremely disappointing and exceptionally lazy, but my point is that DE could in theory get 500 weapons very easily.