Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Embolist

Jamescell

He's asking for a buff.

What's wrong with it?

Well if he wants to buff his Embolist, I want to buff my akboltos, my akbroncos, my amphis, bo, Kraken, and Gram. 

Asking for a buff is not enough. "Just buff it" is his main argument, and the Developers will ignore his plea as much as you probably ignored the statement above. It's immature, and isn't worthwhile feedback. 

Now, if he said something like: Extend the range of the Embolist. The Gas stream is projected too close to the player, and should be shot further forward (which is a totally valid point to make about the Embolist), I would have agreed wholeheartedly, because it's good feedback and because he's backing up his request with an actual problem .

I've seen enough "this sucks, buff it" and "this is too op, nerf it", threads that stop there. Feedback forum is feedback forum. Provide feedback. If your customer came in saying your product needs work, but leaves it at that, wtf are you supposed to do? 

Edited by michaelwii

Well if he wants to buff his Embolist, I want to buff my akboltos, my akbroncos, my amphis, bo, Kraken, and Gram. 

Asking for a buff is not enough. "Just buff it" is his main argument, and the Developers will ignore his plea as much as you probably ignored the statement above. It's immature, and isn't worthwhile feedback. 

Now, if he said something like: Extend the range of the Embolist. The Gas stream is projected too close to the player, and should be shot further forward (which is a totally valid point to make about the Embolist), I would have agreed wholeheartedly, because it's good feedback and because he's backing up his request with an actual problem .

I've seen enough "this sucks, buff it" and "this is too op, nerf it", threads that stop there. Feedback forum is feedback forum. Provide feedback. If your customer came in saying your product needs work, but leaves it at that, wtf are you supposed to do? 

Oh,

okay you have some valid argument..

The way you respond(the first post) made me wonder why you hate his thread :p

Oh,

okay you have some valid argument..

The way you respond(the first post) made me wonder why you hate his thread :p

Glad I helped you understand. I don't have a problem with people asking for buffs, I just want people to put more thought behind it. Especially when they expect someone that reads and takes feedback seriously to take their feedback into consideration, but they don't put any effort into the feedback themselves. 

i really see no need for a buff to the embolist, with its nice base status chance, and insanity based damage scaling even amidst it's short range. if you mod is primarily for blast and happen to have the tethra and cicero mods together, you get a fantastic "in-your-facehole" knockdown machine.