The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Final Showdown Megathread (Victory & Never Forget Edition)

Letter13

Made a separate thread with my attempt at a motivational speech to get people to vote if they haven't already, but it didn't attract much attention. Seeing as we're starting to attack each other now, I'm just going to copy-paste it here in an attempt to get us motivated again:

Last round, we might as well say that we went up against Nexon itself and still won! This time, we're facing a more popular threat-- SMITE.

You might say that we may lose this because we have no incentive to win, but do we need it? 'Digital Extremes' has provided us with a magnificent game based on their vision. They've taken community ideas-- for Warframe names to weapon ideas to even Warframe designs. They do their best to provide us with some sort of update every week, whether that be in the form of new content or new weapon additions. Recently, they've been working so hard to push out Update 13, which APPEARS to be the biggest update they've done for us so far! They didn't have to rework the Melee system as they did. In fact, Melee 2.0 wasn't even planned to be as large as it is now. But when they heard how much the community wanted a Melee overhaul and how excited they were, they shifted gears and put a LOT more time into it and made sure we would have something to do and love!

The developers are kind enough to appear in livestreams of their own every other week; they talk to us about what's going on, what kind of things they're doing, and they even tease things just to hype us up (I'm sure I don't need to mention the Vay Hek surprise transmission). The community coordinators stream EVERY week to play alongside us and award platinum to select few who are there! Nearly $50 worth of platinum, mind you. Not exactly pocket change.

So, why am I saying all of this? Because this contest isn't so much about "What could DE give us." It should be more about "LEt's repay DE with a lot of attention!" Let's show them that their efforts towards the community can be repaid just by our bond with them. They've shown us a lot of loyalty, so we can definitely repay that favor! If you have not voted yet and ahve not tried to convince your clan and friends to vote yet, I highly suggest you do so now. Now is most certainly the time. Talk to people in-game, get them to vote. Make it your clan's Message of the Day if you can!

Tl;dr: DE does a LOT for us. Now is the time for us to repay the favor as much as we can.

Edited by Nishmo

Writing little motivators won't do anything for the majority that have already voted.

Those that do come in and vote as new members will most likely not even look past the first page.

Hence the beginning of that post that said I originally put it in another thread to attract those who haven't voted. But motivators for those who HAVE voted can do a lot if it convinces them to try and get others to vote if they haven't already.

come on, everyone! those from smite may be gods but we are tenno! the emperors from heaven! we've won against gods wrapped in white and gold before, masters of space and time, in the form of the orokin! who is to say we cannot do it again?

They don't control what gets put in the launcher.

Chances are the people who are involved with compiling and releasing hotfixes/builds are busy all-hands-on-deck with U13.

DE probably doesn't have the time or effort to spare on creating a new launcher build and deploying it, doing so could jeopardize U13's already delayed release.

Yes, they don't control what is on the launcher but I think it's their work to go talk to those who can change the launcher.

"Guys, we need you to change the launcher. We need a button that redirect to the poll."

I don't have any knowlegde in coding but putting a button in a program doesnt seem to be that hard.

In fact, just a bright text in place of the update notes could do the trick if it's an url that go directly to the poll.

No, DE is the reason 'we' are losing. They didn't react to what Hi-Rez did on a week where people are mad that U13 was delayed.

At the end of the day both games have gained from it. I know quite a few Smite players who want to try Warframe now this happened. Is that not for the good of the game?

Right, cause they aren't busy trying to finish an content update that's TOTALLY not gonna change the way the player base approaches missions, in a game that's totally not still in beta >.>

So, essentially, you're the reason why we're losing.

That seems a little uncalled for, its not his fualt our devs are to busy working on finishing a delayed update to bother with this contest.

I see a lot of players saying that they didn't vote because of the U13 fiasco. Well, I kind of understand them, especially if they are just casual players who are not involved too much into this community/game. Everything in this situation just has a quite bad timing =/