The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player From Mabinogi

Evariskitsune

My load out recommendation for your play style would be Nyx or Loki paired with kunai, a karak/braton, and the melee weapon of your choice (it's receiving a total overhaul next week)!

Use your platinum on slots I recommend buying one warframe and four weapon slots). Save the rest for when you learn to trade, then you can get into cosmetics and all the good stuff!

Enjoy warframe, hope to see you in-game.

-Upgrade

Being a big fan of combat arms and other nexon games I can safely say the community is a little gentler here, contrary to what the occasional flame war or rage fit may tell you. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

A transhumanist fan? Welcome.

If you're looking for a Deus Ex style assault rifle, try out the Karak. Unfortunately, it doesn't have target seeking. Such a shame.

As far as stealth is concerned, there's no cover system and the stealth can be a bit iffy. Just keep hacking consoles when you're spotted and you'll be able to try again, though. Stealth attacks are fairly effective, but can be hard to pull off in populous rooms. The best option for stealth is really to... well... cheat. Go with Loki or Ash... they have invisibility capabilities. Ash is a bit tougher in head-on engagements and has a gap-closer, where Loki is more of a nuisance with radial disarms, decoys and the ability to switch position with enemies or allies. Don't feel bad about not picking him in the beginning - Loki works best when you've got the right mods to support his abilities, and without those his fragility and lack of direct offensive abilities can be frustrating. 

As far as toying with enemies... I'm a big fan of Excal's Radial Blind, but for genuine bedlam you might want Nyx's confusion and mind control or Nekros' fear attack. Of the two, Nyx was the more fun option for me.

[h+]

'Sup fellow Nexon player, and welcome to Warframe!

It's a fun game here, especially when in a group, clan, or even in a posse of friends. There's a good amount of action and sci-fi awaiting you. Be sure to be social and ask for help for a good portion of the beginning part. The learning curve is a fun challenge, a bit much challenge than fun though, so the devs are gonna likely try to take that challenge amount towards necessary areas of the game whenever they can. They are working on/ finished with their melee system overhaul and is coming live by, hopefully(lol) upcoming Wednesday, so you came in at a pretty good time. Be sure to check out their bi-weekly devstreams on their twitch TODAY this afternoon to see what's in store!

Here's a link in case you haven't seen it: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-26 (they also have weekly contests and "Primetime" shows that you'll see on their twitch as well so make a twitch account asap, 'kay? :D) Lots of us players here have a vast amount of Warframe knowledge, so don't hesitate to ask around in the chats and forums. Plus, there's also a wiki that can further assist you, too! Another link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Other sites that can get the ball rolling for you are the build maker site http://warframe-builder.com/ and, if you feel a bit like a more serious gamer type, people have often checked out http://dpsframe.com/ for what is good for what and blah-le-blaaah but it's no worrying about these site yet until after you game your Warframe-legs(water warframe joke. Dude looks like Davy Jones a bit on the image).

Also, the support and devs here are great if you are in need of technical help with the game and listen to their community. If they weren't, then I wouldn't play Warframe over Vindictus as much as I do, lol(if you see my Kai/xBearGryllsx, thats me b-_^).

I hope you enjoy Warframe as much as I have! If not, then MORE! I'd say more, but I'm gonna avoid making this into too big of a word wall... HAVE FUN!!!

Edit: Here is how good and big a community you are in for: https://warframe.com/news/warframe-numbers

Edited by WarGrylls

Yeah, like I said, knowledge for the future, it'll take some time to get, but oh well.  It'll give me time to get used to everything else before focusing on form and stealth.

If you want assistance in game or just a fun run send me a whisper because I love helping out new players where I can! Just support. I hate being one of those high levels that just rush bosses not giving anybody a chance to do anything.

So many people wanting to help, wow.  It's like Mabinogi G1 all over again.  (yeah, I've played Mabi since the beginning.) 

Also as things are right now, listening to all of you and looking at the wiki, I think I'll be striving for the Burston, but I may end up getting the Braton in the mean time.  

As for a frame, I'm going to stick to Excalibur for now and look at getting a Loki after I've gotten the game down a bit better.  

Thank you all again for the warm welcome!

Welcome allow me to introduce you to the song of our people!

Hope you have fun, if you ever need help you can just PM me on forums or add me in game.

Willing to help whenever I can.

Edited by Utarious

To get Loki you'll need to have people who know what they're doing, or better yet, just have a squad of you and someone who knows what they're doing. The assassination mission on Neptune will give you either the helmet, chasis, or systems for Loki upon completion, but it can be really tough if you're not prepared or just blindly rush in. I say a squad of you and another person because only 2 bosses will be in the boss room, whereas i believe there's more if there's more than 2 people.

Excalibur tip: rank up that Radial Blind via fusion. That skill will save you a ton and the stun/blind duration compared to an unranked radial blind really shows (bosses seem to be affected by it too).

Welcome to Warframe, same applies to me as well, feel free to add me in game or drop me a PM and i'll help out whenever i can. By the sounds of it we have quite similar play styles too which is sure to help. As others have said the Karak is a good scaling weapon to aim for, Burston is also fun.

Welcome to Warframe! This game has a steep learning curve at first. A lot of game mechanics to learn with little explanation in game. So don't be afraid to ask for help. Once you get your footing, this is an awesome game. Oh, and my advice to new players is to save your free platinum for either Warframe or weapon slots. Don't let the Syandanas tempt you!

Welcome newly awakened Tenno!

for primaries, 

burst fire rifles, i would suggest the BURSTON.

also get the BRATON early.. since mk1 braton is too weak.

LATRON are semi-auto mode and requires one to click for each bullet fired (very ammo friendly and my personal favourite)

for secondaries,

i found the Lato is ok in the beginning, but i moved to Magnus afterwards or the bronco (a hand shotgun) though my favourite are kunai (or despair).

have fun and see you ingame!

If you want to screw with the AI, Loki is probably the overall best. Don't underestimate Excalibro, though. Radial Blind is absolutely amazing all throughout the game, and Slash Dash is superb early on. Radial Javelin can dish out some huge damage numbers (especially when combined with Mag's Bullet Attractor), and Super Jump is a pretty good mobility power. Not as good as Tailwind, Ripline, and Decoy + Switch Teleport, but still pretty good.

Basically, Excalibur is a very robust 'frame, and an excellent choice for newbies. Loki's probably the worst choice, as he really needs the proper mods to shine, and a new player isn't going to have those. That, combined with his below-average shields and health, means he can be more of a liability for new players than a boon.