Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Otaku Alliance

SippyCupSamurai

This is a call to arms for all clans named after an anime! Let us unite and together create a mighty and geeky alliance with shared interests.

I am the leader of the Tenno Survey Corps, a Shadow Clan inspired by Attack on Titan. I welcome all other warlords with anime themed clans to join our struggle. If you're interested in being a part of The Otaku Alliance, simply post a reply with the following information:

CLAN NAME:

LEADER/S:

# of ACTIVE

MEMBERS:

As The Otaku Alliance grows, I will coordinate with other clan leaders to spruce up this gathering thread and also add links to each clan's individual recruitment page.

Also, the Tenno Survey Corps is currently recruiting. We have about 20 active members so there are 10 slots left. All of our research is complete. Just pm me with your in-game alias for an invite.

Edited by SippyCupSamurai

This is the leader of the Tenno Survey Corps calling all anime themed clans to unite! I set up a gathering thread in the Shadow Clan Recruitment section in case this is the wrong place to talk about alliances.

ALL CLANS WELCOME TO JOIN THIS ALLIANCE, Ghost, Shadow, Moon and so on!

Just follow the link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/207424-the-otaku-alliance/

Edited by SippyCupSamurai

in western culture its somehow becoming a good thing somewhat relative to a *nerd* as the Americans call it

As someone who is in the western culture, no. Most people don't know the term and those who do associate it negatively.

in western culture its somehow becoming a good thing somewhat relative to a *nerd* as the Americans call it

yea ik, it somehow magically became a good term in some lights...even still i wouldn't want to be associated with it

its still generally used negatively even in western culture

Edited by Ecotox

As someone who is in the western culture, no. Most people don't know the term and those who do associate it negatively.

this

otaku is the equivalent to anime/manga obsessed loser

Edited by Ecotox

thats were you are wrong , unlike asian culture. western culture dont just jump the gun and think that

most people dont know the term but your well wrong. compare our culture to asian culture and you will find a massive difference in negativity towards that term , trust me western culture are way more friendly towards that term compared to asian culture

wanna know why! because we tend to look at things in a different prospective and open up in somewhat of a way, and or dont give a crap what other people think but we let them enjoy what they enjoy lovin, if people want to be an otaku then by all means let them

meanwhile in asian culture they will always be looked down upon because they are viewed so straight forwardly..

Edited by DiBBz

most people dont know the term but your well wrong. compare our culture to asian culture and you will find a massive difference in negativity towards that term , trust me western culture are way more friendly towards that term compared to asian culture

i think its not as much difference in culture as ignorance of the usage and general defenition

but you are right there is generally a more positive usage of the term 

Edited by Ecotox

i think its not as much difference in culture as ignorance of the usage and general defenition

but you are right there is generally a more positive usage of the term 

you'd honestly be shocked when you head over to japan and see for your self

i went over for a 2 month study course in 3D animation , while only a month into learning Japanese before i knew it as soon as i understood Japanese in a general use basis i swear their magazines rip the pish out of them like its a common thing

you'd honestly be shocked when you head over to japan and see for your self

i went over for a 2 month study course in 3D animation , while only a month into learning Japanese before i knew it as soon as i understood Japanese in a general use basis i swear their magazines rip the pish out of them like its a common thing

oh i know xD in japan you do NOT want to be an otaku....got a friend that lives there and he doesnt talk about watching anime or reading manga because hed be branded a loser even if hes not obsessed.

Edited by Ecotox

sooo did not mean to double up on threads or start a debate over the term. clearly i should have waited for a proper alliance forum section to be added but i saw another alliance thread on here so i felt encouraged.

and yes, the term is commonly used negatively. however, i am based in NY and can assure you...in the states, it is widely used in a positive way to embrace a culture of anime interests

however, i am based in NY and can assure you...in the states, it is widely used in a positive way to embrace a culture of anime interests

I have never seen "otaku" used positively, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "widely used" thing.

HOOooii ~

Shogun (Warlord) of the Edelweiss Otakus here!

Our Daimyos (Generals) are Evanescent and Psycomet.

We are Otakus as well.

We have a total of 24 members with 6-7 inactive ones (~18 active members , we are also recruiting, justsayin'.)

I would like to request to join this Alliance.

Edited by Megakruemel

About the negetive use of the term Otaku... yeah. we have been through that too. It seems to me as a definition of hobby and preferences- not something negative.

People used it as something negative before, which is why it is sometimes used that way but i would not say it is something mean to call someone an otaku.

People tend to follow the general direction- calling it wierd and so on but i disagree. Liking anime is not something you have to be ashamed of.

So this is me replying to ALL THE ABOVE POSTS:

If OP made duplicate posts then that was his only fault. If he made a post in the wrong section then that is forgiveable because even I didn't know the "Find an alliance" sub-forum was live already!

Now for all those ************* who have come here to "discuss" the term Otaku, GTFU. If you want to join, then say so, otherwise mind your own business.

Okay so the term is used negatively? So why are YOU getting butthurt if someone intentionally calls HIMSELF that.

Come here to give your existential hypothesis on CULTURAL DIFFERENCE?? GO TO ANTHROPOLOGY CLASS!

Delete this post? Well... sadly have nothing to say to that.

Peace.