Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Founder Exclusivity

All I want is the Mastery for removed and exclusive items.

But apparently even that's too much to ask for some people.

Even without event exclusives and founders stuff you can still hit rank 15.

Maybe DE should have advertised the founders program more so there would be less people left out of the loop. 

It was on their front page and all their social media for over a year and they even gave out founders packages on dozens of websites.

Edited by Aggh

I don't understand why people can't get founders when it was on pc then transfer your account to ps4? Unless you are not able to do that. I'm talking to the people who've known about PC War frame before it came out on PS4.

Because account migration is still waiting on Sony approval and rumor has it that the Founders stuff and other PC exclusives are what's holding it up. Part of the reason why the Founders pack is a sore spot to some PS4 players is that it was supposed to end before the game was released on Steam, but was extended till November 1 of last year, two weeks before the console release. The PS4 port was announced in June I believe, months before the program's end, and wasn't extended for the PS4.

DE_Megan has already stated that they're working on PS4 exclusives, so expect the forums to explode when they're unveiled.

Even without event exclusives and founders stuff you can still hit rank 15.

Look, I'm trying to work toward a compromise here--one that removes any and all present and future gameplay-affecting differences due to exclusive or removed items--so that the only arguments that can be used against your kind are "we want the cosmetics too." And yes, that means I'm trying to stop the potential Focus whining too.

I'm trying to help everyone here.

Sure, we can all hit Rank 15 now, but there was a time when only people with every single Mastery-granting item in the game could. Now imagine the future of this game--the Focus system directly causes Mastery Rank to affect player power, which means periods of time where differences in maximum potential Mastery cause gameplay imbalances.

Yes, I know this game's imbalanced as hell, but it doesn't need to be any more so.

And if Focus is an important enough system, there could be weeks where the additional power from reaching a new rank gives Founders a dramatic edge over everyone else. Did they pay for that edge? I don't think they did. I see the screencap of the Founder page brought out every time someone wants to rub salt in peoples' wounds, but I don't see anything on that picture saying "buy this to stomp noobs in the face."

Anyway, the developers are trying to bring more PvP and competitive PvE to Warframe. A key part of both of those is gameplay balance, not giving people an edge because they paid for it.

Edit:

So yeah, how to fix this gameplay-wise is:

Plan One: Either remove the Mastery from removed and exclusive items, or (if DE can't remove Mastery from player accounts) give us all a means of earning that Mastery. Maybe a piece of clantech research or a Market-bought blueprint that we can research to give us the credit for levelling one of those weapons or Excal Prime to Rank 30.

Plan Two: Dex items for each of the three Founder items, but have them share Mastery credit with their Prime variants. I don't know if that's possible, but it gives Excalibur fans a Prime-level frame to look forward to and allows DE to provide Prime-level stats for them without having to buff standard Excalibur.

Edited by Yezzik

Look, I'm trying to work toward a compromise here--one that removes any and all present and future gameplay-affecting differences due to exclusive or removed items--so that the only arguments that can be used against your kind are "we want the cosmetics too." And yes, that means I'm trying to stop the potential Focus whining too.

Sure, we can all hit Rank 15 now, but there was a time when only people with every single Mastery-granting item in the game could. Now imagine the future of this game--the Focus system directly causes Mastery Rank to affect player power, which means periods of time where differences in maximum potential Mastery cause gameplay imbalances.

Yes, I know this game's imbalanced as hell, but it doesn't need to be any more so.

And if Focus is an important enough system, there could be weeks where the additional power from reaching a new rank gives Founders a dramatic edge over everyone else. Did they pay for that edge? I don't think they did. I see the screencap of the Founder page brought out every time someone wants to rub salt in peoples' wounds, but I don't see anything on that picture saying "buy this to stomp noobs in the face."

Anyway, the developers are trying to bring more PvP and competitive PvE to Warframe. A key part of both of those is gameplay balance, not giving people an edge because they paid for it.

I'm confident in DE's ability to balance it. 

I dont think you get what Founder means. The privilege it is to be the ones who made it possible in the first place. Without us the PS4 would never see this anytime soon. (I dont forget those who have payed lots of money over time on platinum, but get my point and try to understand for once.)

If you were a Founder this talk would never be, you would defend the honour it is, to be a Founder. Founder stays Exclusive for a reason. And that reason you should know about before asking more questions. These threads are pissing me off at times, but what can I do but laugh. Instead of using that amazing thinking ability to find a solution on founder exclusive. Use it on something else. Once you have a reason to think the mind does the rest.  

Im pretty certain that Im not going to need 1 extra level of Focus to curbstomp some nublet. Again, you missed out, your reason for missing out is not relevant or important to the nonissue at hand. Its gone, focus on what you can get this time so you dont complain yet again over something else that you have missed and cant buy from the market/trade channel.

You arent trying to help everyone here. I dont need your help regarding this, and DE has made their official position clear. Stop inciting year old rage and focus on something more constructive, like trolling on the Smite forums or something... I hear dem dudes got some anger over there.

@Anyone using the Focus argument=

Stop it. There is no way at all that DE would make the Focus system so game changing, that a single Mastery Rank would make a noticeable difference. If they do, then they are officially brain dead. If Focus was broken enough that a single Mastery Rank could make a significant difference, then that's a massive balance failure. The gap between veterans and newbies in this game is big enough without an additional Mastery Gap difference. People in recruiting are already asking for people's mastery ranks to decide whether or not to let them into a party. I'm pretty sure people would like to be judged more on how well they play, rather than how many weapons they crafted, leveled, and tossed. Personally, I picture the Focus system to be similar to the skill point systems in various Mobas, giving virtually negligible bonuses that do not give max rank players any significant advantage.

Edit=I just realized a very easy balance. DE could just constantly keep count of all weapons, and maybe even release in batches so that the max Mastery Rank is achievable by everyone at the same time. Problem solved in an easy manner.

Edited by ArdentSky

Edit:

Plan One: Either remove the Mastery from removed and exclusive items, or (if DE can't remove Mastery from player accounts) give us all a means of earning that Mastery. Maybe a piece of clantech research or a Market-bought blueprint that we can research to give us the credit for levelling one of those weapons or Excal Prime to Rank 30.

Plan Two: Dex items for each of the three Founder items, but have them share Mastery credit with their Prime variants. I don't know if that's possible, but it gives Excalibur fans a Prime-level frame to look forward to and allows DE to provide Prime-level stats for them without having to buff standard Excalibur.

There have been no connections made between focus and mastery by DE and the focus system is an end game system so it shouldn't even matter to much if it does.

You don't need to own every weapon/frame/sentinel in the game to hit rank 15, you just have level most of them up to 30.  48k mastery (the total mastery from all event and founders items, which not all founders have since many missed events or didn't get the master founders pack) is a pittance when you start getting into higher mastery ranks. 

The devs are adding weapons often enough that players that weren't there for events or the founders program will always be able to hit max rank.  Founders and players that have been around longer just have a headstart, which they have anyways since they've been playing longer.

Edited by Aggh

You arent trying to help everyone here.

So you're telling me you wouldn't feel a benefit if there were less need for topics such as this one?

Again, you missed out, your reason for missing out is not relevant or important to the nonissue at hand.

Did I type a word about why I missed out? Not in that post I didn't. Please stop projecting your feelings toward other posters onto me.

Edit: Damn copy-paste highlighting. Is there a way to fix that without retyping?

Edit:

There have been no connections made between focus and mastery by DE.

http://i.imgur.com/ybT1utX.jpg

"Mastery Rank 4? You can install four Focus powers." I have found no evidence of what the cap is, or if there is one at all.

Edit:

Edit=I just realized a very easy balance. DE could just constantly keep count of all weapons, and maybe even release in batches so that the max Mastery Rank is achievable by everyone at the same time. Problem solved in an easy manner.

That would work for me.

Edited by Yezzik

So you're telling me you wouldn't feel a benefit if there were less need for topics such as this one?

Did I type a word about why I missed out? Not in that post I didn't. Please stop projecting your feelings toward other posters onto me.

Edit: Damn copy-paste highlighting. Is there a way to fix that without retyping?

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/ybT1utX.jpg

"Mastery Rank 4? You can install four Focus powers." I have found no evidence of what the cap is, or if there is one at all.

Edit:

That would work for me.

Excellent job cutting out the second part of that sentence.  Like I said, even if it does, it doesn't matter.  Everyone can reach max rank anyways and not having founders/exclusive does not stop people from doing that, it's been that way for a while now.  The higher the max rank gets, the less founders/exclusives are worth for hitting max rank due to the way mastery per rank increased.

Edited by Aggh

Excellent job cutting out the second part of that sentence.

I cut out the other half of your sentence because it was asinine.

Endgame's where you need balance and parity the most, because it's where all your players will end up if they stick with the game.

I cut out the other half of your sentence because it was asinine.

Endgame's where you need balance and parity the most, because it's where all your players will end up if they stick with the game.

All the players in end game will reach it anyways and as I've said many times, at that point, that tiny amount of mastery from founders stuff /exclusives means less and less.  Besides, it's a PvE game, wtf are you getting so butt hurt about someone having a tiny head start on you?

Edited by Aggh

You are selling shadows...

I like the "your kind" comment though, it shows a discriminatory bias.

So let me clear those shadows away from the facts...

Rank 15 is as high as a player can reach... Hit it and you hit the current ceiling for mastery.

You noted it can be hit by anybody at this point... So no one has an edge.

What gameplay imbalance are you speaking of? There are no comparative gameplay imbalances in a co-op game.

And the truth pops out...

You are grousing for purposes of PvP.

The thing that doesn't exist in this game...

That thing that DE has already stated they are against bringing to the game...

I am going to advise you to leave gameplay balance to the experts buddy.

This game would need a complete re-tool of every power and an entirely new set of weapons and weapon mechanics in order to even think of engaging in pvp in earnest or entering into e-sports.

You show me a post from DE stating they are going to be entering into this arena or you should stop posting libel.

I have the best idea...

Plan Three: In 3 steps

Go get Mastery Rank 15 because you can.

Stop harassing Founders...Get over missing out on the Founder's Program. That ship has sailed...Stop swimming to catch it.

Stop assuming balance requirements for a game play option that doesn't exist.

All I want is the Mastery for removed and exclusive items.

But apparently even that's too much to ask for some people.

Mastery is useless after Rank 8, which can be achieved with ease.

So who @(*()$ cares?  Seriously.

You are not offering compromises.  You are demanding DE renege on their promise to the founders.  Guess what?  Outside releasing the founders items as they are again, the Founders will always be above you in terms of achievable mastery.

So seriously, stop this utter nonsense already.  You won't break the wall beating your head against it.  It's harder than you are stubborn.

Warning that I am going to explain an idea that may upset Founders, that is not my intention. I'm just bringing another idea to the table, which is the purpose of the forums.

Everyone knows about the Founder exclusive gear that is no longer available, namely Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. PC players had their chance at this gear, but PS4 players never did, which is a point if contention between the platforms. I had an idea on how to possibly make Founder exclusive gear available to everyone without angering Founders. Founders could be given keys that allow them to access a special mission that rewards blueprints and parts for Founder gear, which are tradeable to all players. This gives Founders a monopoly on gear, allowing them to make a large profit, while Founder gear becomes available to everyone. The best part- Founder gear is still technically exclusive, as only Founders have direct access to the gear blueprints. Grand Masters would get the keys first, then Masters a week or so later, then it would trickle down from there to other Founder levels. PC Founders who happen to have a PS4 account also could be given keys on PS4, which would make the Founder gear available on PS4 even though it would be much rarer than it would be on PC.

I do not care if this is a good idea or not, because it doesn't matter. DE is legally bound to not release it.

And the truth pops out...

You are grousing for purposes of PvP.

The thing that doesn't exist in this game...

That thing that DE has already stated they are against bringing to the game...

I am going to advise you to leave gameplay balance to the experts buddy.

This game would need a complete re-tool of every power and an entirely new set of weapons and weapon mechanics in order to even think of engaging in pvp in earnest or entering into e-sports.

You show me a post from DE stating they are going to be entering into this arena or you should stop posting libel.

Now you're being almost as bad as Yezzik.  Even causal PvP needs some semblance of balance and competitveness in order for it to be worth playing, no one ever said anything about esports.

Now you're being almost as bad as Yezzik.  Even causal PvP needs some semblance of balance and competitveness in order for it to be worth playing, no one ever said anything about esports.

Not even close...

When you read Yezzik's statements that is exactly what he's talking about.

I agree that PvP requires balance and competitiveness in order to be worth playing. That would also be a relevant statement if Warframe had PvP.

It doesn't.

If DE is never going to give us a chance to get excal prime then take it out of the ps4 codex. It is soo annoying to look at when you cant get it.

the Codex is a library of lore and information on everything and all warframe , just because yous dont have access to it does not mean it needs to be taken out of the codex.. pffffttt silly boy