The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Psa- Nvidia Owners "great Improvement"

Mythblaze

Get the latest driver from NVIDIA, 337.50. This is a beta driver, however this has optimizations to DX11. This is stated on the NVIDIA website. 

"Performance - Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration."

I noticed a drastic improvement in Warframe. 

Information Update: It appears that the performance difference for playing in a hosted game has become more pronounced due to higher achievable FPS. I noticed this prior to the 337.50 driver. The Void and OD is the most noticeable performance difference. 

If you are able to test the scenarios, please leave your results in this thread. 

Test solo and look for lowest FPS and highest.

Test hosting a game with active players and check for a performance difference.

Test in a game that is hosted by another.  

If you are able to monitor your FPS to record the results, it is appreciated and thank you.

Edited by Mythblaze

Really great. Too bad it's Beta and I have no idea if there are any problems.

Got about 10-30 more fps. I think it depends more on hardware but you should try it out.

I do use a framerate limit so it may be more. :)

Edited by Verryn

@ Op what card are you currently using?

And do you mean you got more fps?

by how much?

whats with all the questions?

Going to dl this and see if i get any improvements

I'm using a GTX 780. In the void prior to using the 337.50 driver, my low FPS in the Void was in the 50's, now the FPS has not gone under 100. In normal missions my FPS is sitting around 250-350 now. 

I'm using a GTX 780. In the void prior to using the 337.50 driver, my low FPS in the Void was in the 50's, now the FPS has not gone under 100. In normal missions my FPS is sitting around 250-350 now. 

That sounds awesome. Now to test if it will do much for my GTX 670M

Going to wait before jumping ship.

9 times out of 10, when I update my video drivers, they break more things than they improve.

Sorry to hear. Well you'll probably feel this jump with the next stable one right? XD

I have seen an improvement in many different games with this driver, and Im glad it was finally released.

However, warframe, for me atleast is still low in the fps side of things. I havent tried void, but on Alad V, when someone else is hosting, my fps still drops to around 40-50, and I have a GTX 670 with an i5 3450 OCed to 3.5ghz.

I have noticed that I have alot better performance on this game especially after the patch, but still experiencing subpar performance on this game.

Cannot wait for U13 and its optimizations.

Also noticed a huge improvement over the last drivers. This one seems to work better when running in SLI as well. Before I had to have it disabled otherwise I was getting flickering green bars across the screen. Now its running great with obvious fps increases.

Me like muchos ya! For reference: 3930k, 32gb ram, 2xGTX670 running in SLI.

Please keep in mind that these are beta drivers and that if you experience any GPU-related issues then reverting to your previous drivers should be the first course of action. We are currently monitoring the effectiveness of this update so if you experience any significant changes then feel free to post them on the forums. 

With that said, I always get excited when drivers like this one arrive. Everybody loves gains!

Please keep in mind that these are beta drivers and that if you experience any GPU-related issues then reverting to your previous drivers should be the first course of action. We are currently monitoring the effectiveness of this update so if you experience any significant changes then feel free to post them on the forums. 

With that said, I always get excited when drivers like this one arrive. Everybody loves gains!

I'm really looking forward to the U13 optimizations as well now. Especially in the Void and OD where the traps are an issue. 

Downloaded the Beta drivers for a test and I must say that I'm impressed with the performance now.

Void was horrible before: Most of the time I had between 40-50 fps (Never had steady 60fps there. Lowest was around 40).

Void with the Beta drivers: I'm always between 60-75 fps (Even with a lot of stuff on the screen. Lowest was 58fps and it was very rare)

Didn't test other areas/tilesets since the Void was the most problematic.

I made a thread about this before, but my 750 Ti gains +15 FPS in the Void...and more on other maps.

Most drastic change for me was in the game Thief though...but yea....for anyone that can use those drivers without problems...they're great.

Not all systems will work without fault yet though....Hence...BETA driver.

The most dramatic Warframe change in FPS I experience on EARTH with this patch. +28 FPS (quite ridiculous how great this patch is))

Edited by Shehriazad

These drivers work really well for my setup. Press was given these drivers little over a week ago and I have been testing a retesting since. They work great in WF with my 2way SLI GTX 780 setup.

QUESTION: When was tesselation added to Warframe?

I usually have DX11 turned off so I can use SweetFX without the split color issue. But I turned it on the other day because I saw there was a tesselation feature in the Display Settings

Edited by RawGritz

Anyone else notice the FPS reduction if you are not playing solo? I noticed this before these drivers, it is more pronounced with the 337.50 driver. DE_Dmitri, is this something you guys can track down and fix or is this already being fixed with the U13 optimizations?

My new laptop with an Nvidia 840m is coming next week, so excited!

I personally will never use a laptop for gaming, the performance is just not good enough. Here is a link to the performance of the 840m http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/GeForce-GT-840M

Here is a comparison of a high end desktop card to the 840m

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-780-vs-GeForce-GT-840M

Edited by Mythblaze