Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On The Topic Of Pure Damage Mods

Transient_Tiefling

So when i say what I am about to say, I say it with a bit of hesitation. Handling the way damage on weapons grow is a delicate balancing act that could make or break this game pretty bad, so here's what I understand about the situation so far:

-Pretty much everyone and every weapon needs that pure damage mod, no matter what build you make (minus charge builds because charge damage is some how not the same as regular damage, although this will be a mute point once melee 2.0 comes out) needs this mod and there is no reason to ever remove it.

My idea or whatever, is to have all weapons have damage scaling up to level 30, where a level 30 mk1-braton would have damage equal to what would now be the gun with the mod. This, I imagine, will alleviate the issue of newer players who get wrecked by the rise in difficulty and also give players another mod slot to play with for things like reload speed or more ammo.

The issue is that this leaves a new empty mod slot which has the chance of making guns too powerful and might require a re-balancing of every damage mod, which I imagine DE just doesn't want to deal with and honestly, neither would I. I'm not saying that 1 more damage mod will completely destroy warframe, but imagine just how much more powerful the already really powerful Soma would be if it could get just one more bit of damage.

Feel free to share your own ideas if you feel like.

I do agree there should be some form of scaling, but I don't know if what you're suggesting is the right way to go. A main part of the "endgame" right now is leveling up those mods, formaing weapons, taking the time to level/put money into those things and make yourself stronger. If you take that out and increase all weapons damage relative to what they would be with max serration/hornet strike, as you say you'd then have to scale down the elemental mods (seems like a big pain), but it also takes out alot of the customization that players have in choosing just how powerful and in what form they want their weapons to be, not everyone fully levels those mods in favor of more elemental/crit ect.

What I'd much rather see is to do away with static enemy levels entirely and have them dynamically scale to an average power level of the group. Similar to what sidekick/mentor systems do in MMOs, lower powered players would be boosted up to still be effective and higher power players would be lowered so they wouldn't be overpowered. This would solve the new player power curve while also fixing the issue you have when you get a higher player in a lower level map that just kills everything leaving the lower lvl player feeling useless. It would also fix the issue we have at end game currently where you can far out scale T3 enemies fairly easily with a group of decently powered players. We already have this in defense and survival missions, where each wave / time interval the enemies scale up, but I'm not sure how much work would need to be done to bring that to the entire game.

10-point mods like Serration and Hornet are the only means of long-term player power progress and levelling up.

You dont want to remove long-term progress from the game.

Auto-scaling a-la lazy bethesda games auto-balancing sucks and removes any motivation to level and gear up.