Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aren't Melees A Tad Bit Too Strong?

Hypetale

I can't enjoy my combos or let alone see my 2nd hit even deal damage anymore because having 2-3 mods on my melees now just obliterate mobs in one hit....I assume it would be different for heavies, but i can't pull off any combos on lvl30+ average mobs..

Depends on the stance.. some stances are focused on jumping between enemy groups. In this case you are supposed to kill them in one hit. There is usually one AoE stance and one more single target/utility focused stance. If you have the later then you might feel this way.

Hey look, the nerf crowd is now starting to rear their ugly heads. I didn't cry op when galatines were ripping through swathes of infested, or doing the same with my orthos. I also didn't claim that the Soma was too powerful (not anymore compared to Lprime and the like), Seriously, they have finally made it so melee's risk is somewhat mitigated by the 1-5 fast hit reward. Oh and stagger, thank GOD for stagger.

I can't enjoy my combos or let alone see my 2nd hit even deal damage anymore because having 2-3 mods on my melees now just obliterate mobs in one hit....I assume it would be different for heavies, but i can't pull off any combos on lvl30+ average mobs..

NO. This is how they should be.

First complains that melee is useless except from coptering through whole tilesets, now complains that melee is too strong. :P

Play against tougher enemies or with less stronger weapons I guess.

If DE gave the entire player base a free 100 plat there would be forum posts about how it's not enough to buy anything useful.

Is the new melee system a bit strong?

Compared to what exactly, Soma, Penta, Boltor Prime?

I think the new system does exactly what it intended, it makes melee viable as a primary attack. There may well be a few adjustments required to fine tune the system, but it's off to a very promising start.

Anybody else spent the day running around with just a blade equipped? :)