The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switching Lmb And E Button Function

olipops

Hope this gets to DE and I hope im not the only one :).

So DE, can you guys make an option for us to be able to switch the function of LMB and E when in melee combat, while staying what it is not when using guns as in LMB to shoot and e to shoot my gun. when i have my melee weapon equipt it feels so much better to attack with my LMB rather than my E and have my E charge my weapon instead. I was using that for a while then i switched to guns and the dam thing wouldnt go off haha cause i switched the buttons :P.

if you guys havent tried it then i encourage you to go ahead and do so. equipt your melee weapon and switch e and LMB and tell me which one feels better to you :)

yea, it would make things flow in melee mode so much better. were so used to LMB being used for our primary equipted weapons attack button, and in melee mode our melee weapon is our primary equipted weapon :) oh and its a hell of alot easier to do the combos especially on the go :)

Edited by olipops

How this didn't make it in the update is beyond me. Melee 2.0 currently feels like the same old melee spam if you are forced to use the melee key to attack.

glad im not the only one

i was expecting the controls to autoswitch to lmb to attack when in melee mode

I don't understand the problem.. I just bound it to my LMB because it does feel way better like that.

on the channeling note however, i would be amazing to have this toggleable instead of hold it when you want to channel--- cause i channel ALOT :)

Edit: nevermind I read OP again and i see what you meen-- rebind melee attack but NOT the "gunfire" hmm yeah I agree

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

so how many times do i have to bump this before it gets addressed anyone know?

Dude. The DEvs just spent eleventy bajillion hours getting this game ready for patch, to say nothing of the three hotfixes sent out since.

Lotus mentioned to me that they don't sleep, but I'd suggest that you don't push it. Be calm, cool, collected, and most of all, Patient, my young Tenno. Padawan. Thingy.

Im chilling, when i say addressed i dont mean fixed, i just mean acknowledged and made a note of, just to know that my cry was heard and that its being evaluated and in the pipeline is all i want :). dont get me wrong DE is doing a fantastic job :D

Im chilling, when i say addressed i dont mean fixed, i just mean acknowledged and made a note of, just to know that my cry was heard and that its being evaluated and in the pipeline is all i want :). dont get me wrong DE is doing a fantastic job :D

A piece of advice I'd offer when it comes to hoping that Devs read your posts: never expect them to actively acknowledge what you've said. By which I mean, never expect them to post in a thread you've made to let you know that you've been heard. It's unfortunate, but from devs I've spoken to at conventions and elsewhere they simply don't have time to acknowledge them. They'll read them, definitely. If the concern is legitimate (and I agree that this one is) then it'll be talked about. But hoping for active acknowledgement will generally lead to disappointment. Your best bet is to assume that it's been read :) Not criticising you, just offering advice I've found personally helpful :)

just let us keyboard users individually bind aim/block/etc functions

ive moved most of the default keybindings and now i can channel/attack with melee equipped just fine, but i cant block/parry becuz my aim key is the thumb "back" button on my mouse =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Warframe melee CONTROLS for PC currently very awkward to use!

Hi i have a really bad feeling about the pc controls currently for warframes melee
weapons it feels really awkward to use.

For the start i pressed the left mouse button like mad and my tenno only charges in melee mode instead of attacking
and this cant be changed in any way.

Please can there be an option to use the following if we equipped a melee weapon:

Equipped melee mode:
LMB=Attacks with selected Melee Weapon
RMB=BLocks/Parrys
Melee=CHARGE/CHANNEL (becuase we now use the sword primary)

(for example the game shadow warrior(remake) had a nice way  of using melee like this)

Unequipped melee weapon controls:
Melee=Quick Melee
Melee Charge=Equip Melee

Im only speaking for the "non-thrown" melee weapons for them we could change:

The option to cycle through ALL WEAPONS
this makes the swords feel more like a real equipped weapon
and also enables the thrown weapons to use a charge attack with the quick melee button pressed

This saves a LOT OF BUTTONS and plays way better !!!

im sorry for my bad englisch im not very used/skilled in spelling this language.

Edited by Severuslanskerr

Warframe melee CONTROLS for PC currently very awkward to use!

Hi i have a really bad feeling about the pc controls currently for warframes melee

weapons it feels really awkward to use.

For the start i pressed the left mouse button like mad and my tenno only charges in melee mode instead of attacking

and this cant be changed in any way.

Please can there be an option to use the following if we equipped a melee weapon:

Equipped melee mode:

LMB=Attacks with selected Melee Weapon

RMB=BLocks/Parrys

Melee=CHARGE/CHANNEL (becuase we now use the sword primary)

(for example the game shadow warrior(remake) had a nice way  of using melee like this)

Unequipped melee weapon controls:

Melee=Quick Melee

Melee Charge=Equip Melee

Im only speaking for the "non-thrown" melee weapons for them we could change:

The option to cycle through ALL WEAPONS

this makes the swords feel more like a real equipped weapon

and also enables the thrown weapons to use a charge attack with the quick melee button pressed

This saves a LOT OF BUTTONS and plays way better !!!

im sorry for my bad englisch im not very used/skilled in spelling this language.

exactly :D

Yeah, I was surprised they don't allow us to bind both gun and melee attack buttons to the same key. It's not like they would be in conflict with each other.

I'd like to see that changed as well.

yea tell me about it!

all we really need is a new keybind option for melee when it's equipped, I want the deafualt melee to be able to stay where it is regardless of what your equipped attack button is. I personally am fine with using E, but we really need that option, to either customiz it, or else leave it the default.