Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Tranquil Cleave And Sword Stances Rare Anyway?

LGear

While I am overall happy with how Melee 2.0 came out despite some of the problems it has, the one thing I still cannot accept is how Tranquil Cleave, Crimson Dervish and Iron Phoenix are Rare mods.

Tranquil Cleave is the only Stance mod for Katanas, of which only the Nikana and Dragon Nikana are members of. Considering that you can get both the Nikana and the Dragon Nikana relatively easy compared to Prime weapons, I don't understand why the only Stance for them is Rare, and drops from only two select enemies at that (Arid and Frontier Butchers), pretty much dooming people to playing the Nikana and the Dragon Nikana to plain melee until they can get Tranquil Cleave by luck.

Crimson Dervish and Iron Phoenix are even stranger decisions. Both are the only Stance mods for Swords, which are the first class of melee weapons that players can use when they're introduced to Warframe. And yet new players will not even be able to perform stances for any of the Swords until they farm hard enough to get an Iron Phoenix stance.

What's worse is that all of the other weapon subclasses have Uncommon stances alongside their Rares, which makes them easier to farm, like the Fracturing Wind stance. So why do two of the more popular melee weapon classes in Warframe - the trusty longswords and the much hyped Katanas - have only Rare stance drops?

The Stance mod rarity is pretty much the one thing I can't stomach as it currently is.

Edited by LGear

I do greatly dislike the process of finding the stance mods... But the rarity of the mods has a reason behind them, as I have found so far. Rare stance mods have 2 combos, whereas uncommon stance mods have 1 combo.

I do greatly dislike the process of finding the stance mods... But the rarity of the mods has a reason behind them, as I have found so far. Rare stance mods have 2 combos, whereas uncommon stance mods have 1 combo.

Except iron Phoenix. That only has one, which is annoying af

Crushing Ruin only has (EEE) and (EE pause EEE).

The answer is simple - DE wants people to 'play' (aka grind) the game as much as possible in regards to new content.

How do they do that? By making sure the most interesting/'common' stuff is the hardest to grind. As the Nikana is very popular right now and normal swords are a weapon many beginners use, most people are now actively grinding for stance mods to fit their shiny new katannas or upgrade their basic starter swords.

Weapons with Uncommon subclasses (aka weapons that must be built) are only obtained later in the game by new players or have already been overused by veteran ones looking for a new change of pace, so they wouldn't have as much grind appeal as a new space katana or starter sword upgrade.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt make sense why there are rare or uncommon stance mods in the first place, the rare stance mods are not better than the uncommon ones, they are simply different.

I'll take the Bo's clashing fores (uncommon) and Flailing branch (rare)

I like them both, but in their own way, I use the clashing forest for enemies with guns beacause I can traverse terrain and deliver a nasty kick that sends a single target flying but against the infested I prefer the flailing branch as my attacks has more radius and mobility whilst attacking aswell. (some of them 360 degrees)

Because DE knows you want them.

Even though it's not like they can make money off of hindering the drop rates (after all, they're not in a mod pack and even though people can sell said mods on the market, you can earn enough platinum for it in about four days or so, even less possibly), they still want to make you suffer.

Warframe isn't about fun. It's to see how bastardized DE can make their updates by constructing RNG walls errywhere.

In other words:
2DI3AYq.jpg

I dont see why stances even have rarity, except for more grind. Uncommon ones should be given to you once you build your weapon, and they should be without polarity.

I am afraid that DE will place lenses in drop tables, once they are released. So you can grind for Focus that you want.

Imo Melee 2.0 is a broad success, but like many others (I guess) I don't understand why DE put in the work to update the core gameplay, did a really excellent job, and then hid it behind a wall of grind.

Why not tie the combos to the level of the weapon? As you level it up, you unlock new combos.

this and the fact that crimson dervish already is a rare mod are why iron phoenix should only be uncommon, so we have at least "easy" access to one stance for the most common melee weapon-type in the game

Try transmutation. I gotten 7 or 8 rare stances from there, for the 1.5 million of credits.

not everybody has that kind of money, 36k per transmutation is a metric sh*tton of creds

Edited by OnnaJReverT

this and the fact that crimson dervish already is a rare mod are why iron phoenix should only be uncommon, so we have at least "easy" access to one stance for the most common melee weapon-type in the game

not everybody has that kind of money, 36k per transmutation is a metric sh*tton of creds

Iron Phoenix has quit a decent drop rate. It is everywhere and i gotten 3 or 4 of them from random missions.

36 k isnt that much, it is two t3 void runs. And for them you can always leech recruiting. Leeching recruiting for 2 or 3 hours will give your around 300 k or more credits.

Iron Phoenix has quit a decent drop rate. It is everywhere and i gotten 3 or 4 of them from random missions.

36 k isnt that much, it is two t3 void runs. And for them you can always leech recruiting. Leeching recruiting for 2 or 3 hours will give your around 300 k or more credits.

if the droprate was as decent as you say, in those 2-3 hours you could get multiple stances by just farming, and with trans you're not even guaranteed to get what you want/stances at all

i tried doing a few for stances, i got an ammo-drum (!), hellfire and a few "common" rares for fusing rare mods about 10 times

as for iron phoenix, i've had one drop, that and seismic palm were the only rare stances i've seen to date, and i run mostly earth-missions because i love the tileset to death

DE: "We will reduce grind, for sure"

*DE releases rare mods with 0,55% drop chance from super rare mobs like Scavenger Drones, Nauseous Crawlers and alike*

Why are you doing this DE? Stances should be accessible for everyone, not only the supergrindcore-grinders.

Tranquil Cleave has 3 addition combos. Also it's just emphasizing how special the Nikana is supposed to be as a Tenno weapon. It's just a stance thats a lot of fun to play with, it's definitely not even a straight upgrade over the quicker slashes you otherwise have without the stance.

Crimson Dervish, while I'm not sure how many combos it has, is "OP" as balls from what I hear. It's just a straight up really strong stance. It makes sense it will be hard to get that. Start with Iron Pheonix with is much easier to get.

Unfortunately that isn't even true. While it would make sense to be that way there are many rare mods with only 1 combo.

I would say overall that their plan to make myself, and many others, grind for the stance mods backfired. The RNG wall to them is so thick that I'm highly unmotivated to continue to attempt at them, and thus the majority of what Melee 2.0 was supposed to be about has been left to the wayside. I guarantee that if I'd been given even just a few stance mods from the get-go (or if they were less of a headache to obtain) in order to practice and familiarize myself with the system, I'd be playing Warframe way more than I am right now.

Stance mods haven't made me want to play Warframe more. They've burned me out. And I know for a fact I'm far from alone.

Unfortunately that isn't even true. While it would make sense to be that way there are many rare mods with only 1 combo.

Yeah, I found that out myself as I found a couple more. It'd be nice if there was a table of advantages for each combo.