Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Tranquil Cleave And Sword Stances Rare Anyway?

LGear

First one i i got that i could use was Reaping Spiral and that mod is just dissapointing

One combo

Only one.Seriously?

I hope they are going to improve the stances by adding more combos instead of adding more stance mods to farm

Yeah right.

I do greatly dislike the process of finding the stance mods... But the rarity of the mods has a reason behind them, as I have found so far. Rare stance mods have 2 combos, whereas uncommon stance mods have 1 combo.

Actually most uncommon stances have 2 combos. For reference, Tranquil Cleave has 4 combos, and Crossing Snakes has 3.

Why are any of them Rare to begin with?

Why are none of them Common?

An easy fix would be to drop them most, if not all, stance mods down one rarity.

Fully agree. Drop uncommons to common and rares to uncommon. Simple and if fracturing winds and reaping spirals were any indication, finding a Tranquil Cleave would be made that much easier.

Actually most uncommon stances have 2 combos. For reference, Tranquil Cleave has 4 combos, and Crossing Snakes has 3.

Yeah, I found that out myself as I found a couple more. It'd be nice if there was a table of advantages for each combo.

Some of them are rare because the stances are actually good

Swirling Tigers is considered a better mod than Crossing Snakes, and yet, people find Crossing Snakes more than the former. Weird.

Crimson Dervish has some awesome damage multiplier that I've been hearing about (like 200% more damage or something like that for a combo). That's kind of ridiculous. The power at your fingertips (literally). 

Tranquil Cleave... well... IT'S FOR A NEW WEAPON. You can kind of expect that acquiring something new will be... hard. 

Why are any of them Rare to begin with?

Why are none of them Common?

An easy fix would be to drop them most, if not all, stance mods down one rarity.

An easy fix would be to "research" the stances in the Dojo. Putting a core part of a revamp of a mechanic in game behind RNG is one of the stupidest things a developer can do.

At every turn it seems like 1 step forward and 2 steps back into RNG

Fixed to my liking.

But I can't complain, I have all the stances.  It was a bit rough transmut...I mean farming rare stances but the cred- i mean farming paid off

The answer is simple - DE wants people to 'play' (aka grind) the game as much as possible in regards to new content.

How do they do that? By making sure the most interesting/'common' stuff is the hardest to grind. As the Nikana is very popular right now and normal swords are a weapon many beginners use, most people are now actively grinding for stance mods to fit their shiny new katannas or upgrade their basic starter swords.

Weapons with Uncommon subclasses (aka weapons that must be built) are only obtained later in the game by new players or have already been overused by veteran ones looking for a new change of pace, so they wouldn't have as much grind appeal as a new space katana or starter sword upgrade.

And many more are quitting in frustration at how this was handled.

So the latest hotfix introduced the Decisive Judgement stance for Katanas, thus giving Katanas two stances, so that Tranquil Cleave isn't the sole stance we -have- to get for Katanas.

The problem is, not only is Decisive Judgement also Rare, but it drops from Tenno Specters. Tenno Specters that unfortunately appear only in Solar Rail conflicts. And with the Armistice in place from the previous weekly update, it means that it can take days to even begin looking for the stance again. I know of people who have gotten Decisive Judgement on their first run post Update 13.1.2, but as always it simply comes down to luck. I ran Solar Rail battles in the last three hours, and haven't gotten a single drop from Specters, not even Master Thief, and now that all of the Dark Sectors are back to normal it'll be a while before I can attempt to try finding the mod again.

This is absolutely crazy.

So the latest hotfix introduced the Decisive Judgement stance for Katanas, thus giving Katanas two stances, so that Tranquil Cleave isn't the sole stance we -have- to get for Katanas.

The problem is, not only is Decisive Judgement also Rare, but it drops from Tenno Specters. Tenno Specters that unfortunately appear only in Solar Rail conflicts. And with the Armistice in place from the previous weekly update, it means that it can take days to even begin looking for the stance again. I know of people who have gotten Decisive Judgement on their first run post Update 13.1.2, but as always it simply comes down to luck. I ran Solar Rail battles in the last three hours, and haven't gotten a single drop from Specters, not even Master Thief, and now that all of the Dark Sectors are back to normal it'll be a while before I can attempt to try finding the mod again.

This is absolutely crazy.

mL3MOKl.jpg

More grind! Just what we need! Tee hee!

It's not just grind, it's grind limited to a time window! Great variety, right?

Edited by ZephyrPhantom