Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tax Free Solar Rails & Why It's Bad

Hit-Monkey

You guys realize that even with a 20% tax on resources and credits that it only amounts to 1600 credits and like 200 nano spores/alloy plate/anything you probably already have more than enough of.

I don't know how they will handle stuff like orokin cells though.

DE has a clan fetish that is interfering with their work and personal lives. I recommend seeking group therapy and/or time in a behavioral hospital.

Update 8 was ok, if I remember it was just a place you could build crap with your friends. Now your pigeonholed into joining a clan and all this clan crap is completely ridiculous and arbitrary.

DE has a clan fetish that is interfering with their work and personal lives. I recommend seeking group therapy and/or time in a behavioral hospital.

Update 8 was ok, if I remember it was just a place you could build crap with your friends. Now your pigeonholed into joining a clan and all this clan crap is completely ridiculous and arbitrary.

You must be new to the MMO style approach to actually caring about player interaction.

Don't like it? Just play the nodes you want to play and and don't bother with the politics. No one is forcing you to. Not every feature is going to be for you.

Edited by SolidSp33d

And, overnight, we have the PVP mindset crawling out of the slime pit where it breeds.

Zero tax is fine. It is not a problem.  Not a business?  Maybe not everybody sees this as a business.   Maybe some clans plan to build and keep 0% solar rails because they want to provide a service to their fellow gamers.  Maybe the people that want high taxes are not embracing the cooperative spirit of the Tenno and are transparently selfish.  Zero tax unsustainable? As far as we know the rail only takes damage when it's attacked, so as long as no warmongers try to destroy the rail then 0% is perfectly sustainable.

I would not as far as that but I agree they are overdoing it.

In fact it looks like they simply get a new, somewhat cool, idea from time to time and drop everything they were doing in a half-finished state to go into a flurry of changes about this new idea.

Until the next idea, of course.

It's tedious.

EDIT:

And, overnight, we have the PVP mindset crawling out of the slime pit where it breeds.

And this.

Edited by Kitzun

I had a conversation with Steve on twitter some hours ago

Perhaps this adds to this conversation

85QSW.png

"Or will the game factions need to?"

Steve. DE. You beautiful people.

It sounds like the factions will provide the need for "upkeep" for the rails.

I'd assume that the factions will randomly be attacking rails. Not to put them into a full contested state, of course.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Zero tax is fine. It is not a problem.  Not a business?  Maybe not everybody sees this as a business.   Maybe some clans plan to build and keep 0% solar rails because they want to provide a service to their fellow gamers.  Maybe the people that want high taxes are not embracing the cooperative spirit of the Tenno and are transparently selfish.  Zero tax unsustainable? As far as we know the rail only takes damage when it's attacked, so as long as no warmongers try to destroy the rail then 0% is perfectly sustainable.

A service, yes, but a charity? Nope. Nothing is free in the world. I'm fully happy with embracing the cooperative spirit of the Tenno, but I'm not in your clan nor in your Alliance. Sure, you can have your freebies if you want, but the rest will be trying to make a profit for our clans, thank you.

"Or will the game factions need to?"

Steve. DE. You beautiful people.

It sounds like the factions will provide the need for "upkeep" for the rails.

I'd assume that the factions will randomly be attacking rails. Not to put them into a full contested state, of course.

Ahhh, that's just beautiful. That makes things so much better.

You forget that rails can be contested. I actually imagine those free rails will be the first to go as major alliances open up a can o' whoopass.

And then all the people who want 0% tax rates will fight to defend, and make those major alliances waste resources...

*sigh* I still think they shouldn't have even implemented dueling and conclaves. Every multiplayer games doesn't NEED PvP. PvP just brings out the worst in people.

Edited by Braken

And then all the people who want 0% tax rates will fight to defend, and make those major alliances waste resources...

*sigh* I still think they shouldn't have even implemented dueling and conclaves. Every multiplayer games doesn't NEED PvP. PvP just brings out the worst in people.

And you forget entirely about people who care more about instant gratification with really great battle pay, and that the major alliances can handle some lost resources while the 0% rails have trouble repairing damage.

Competition does that to some people, but it's also very interesting, fun, and provides something you can consistently go back to. The game will embrace different types of PvP. That's that.

*laughs* Omg seriously. XD You people are worrying about nothing, its human nature to have war and DS is in a way Tenno war, there will probably be multiple DS battles a day. XD It will take a week before they start calming down. It will be a complete and utter battle for dominance until people get tired of it and go back to doing regular missions.

To be honest i don't see any way that 0% tax would keep battles from commencing, People are greedy they crave to have dominance and having control of a mission is something that sounds to good to be true. Don't worry you guys will get action... its just how much do you want. :D You might get overwhelmed.

I am not currently a owner of a clan so i have no say in what my leader does, but i have told him that the best strategy of getting a Dark sector is to wait until all the Alliances are out of solar rails then attack. 

P.s All you alliances that have the Dark sectors right now, you can kiss that Solor rail goodbye because you just wasted some resources. :( You poor saps, trying to get first pick it's only going to cost you. 

Edited by Feallike

*laughs* Omg seriously. XD You people are worrying about nothing, its human nature to have war and DS is in a way Tenno war, there will probably be multiple DS battles a day. XD It will take a week before they start calming down. It will be a complete and utter battle for dominance until people get tired of it and go back to doing regular missions.

To be honest i don't see any way that 0% tax would keep battles from commencing, People are greedy they crave to have dominance and having control of a mission is something that sounds to good to be true. Don't worry you guys will get action... its just how much do you want. :D You might get overwhelmed.

I am not currently a owner of a clan so i have no say in what my leader does, but i have told him that the best strategy of getting a Dark sector is to wait until all the Alliances are out of solar rails then attack. 

P.s All you alliances that have the Dark sectors right now, you can kiss that Solor rail goodbye because you just wasted some resources. :( You poor saps, trying to get first pick it's only going to cost you. 

I think you're underestimating how strong some of these alliances are.

Alliances will fight to the death to defend their Solar Rails.

I think you're underestimating how strong some of these alliances are.

Alliances will fight to the death to defend their Solar Rails.

Yes but the public is 8000000 people. that's against a measily 3000. ^_^ This will be a massacre, all those poor alliances, all of them will lose all those Solor rails! :D

In War the most popular enemy is the first to fall, those huge alliances that have made themselfs well known will fall first, it will be the small alliances of beta testers who will have the Dark sectors, they will be the ones with 20 or so Solor rails and will always be attacking. :D

You underestimate human greed, the only people who will defend the solor rails are the alliances themselfs! >:D Everyone else will seek to own one and will attack and always attack never defending! 

The Alliance idea was geniusly flawed, since the public has no reason to defend when they could take it themselfs next! Why defend those 3000 people when your a clan of 20 can take there base, all the public will think about is, why help them when i could take it next! Even for a day that's enough!! .

Edited by Feallike

No one will ever be happy with everything, you know how the saying goes: if you try to please everyone, you please no one - there's always some element that someone's not happy with.

No kidding, rail is not run by me, who cares? I just play :D

Seems like most alliances will have a fair tax rate, nothing absurd.  But that doesn't matter to me.  They can't tax the +20%-30% Exp bonus and Additional EXP with primary/secondary/melee.  Solar rails will become the new grinding areas.  Plus it is infested survival and defense.  Easy mode enabled with Vauban.

Yes but the public is 8000000 people. that's against a measily 3000. ^_^ This will be a massacre, all those poor alliances, all of them will lose all those Solor rails! :D

In War the most popular enemy is the first to fall, those huge alliances that have made themselfs well known will fall first, it will be the small alliances of beta testers who will have the Dark sectors, they will be the ones with 20 or so Solor rails and will always be attacking. :D

You underestimate human greed, the only people who will defend the solor rails are the alliances themselfs! >:D Everyone else will seek to own one and will attack and always attack never defending! 

The Alliance idea was geniusly flawed, since the public has no reason to defend when they could take it themselfs next! Why defend those 3000 people when your a clan of 20 can take there base, all the public will think about is, why help them when i could take it next! Even for a day that's enough!! .

Lol, think for two seconds about what you're saying. You're entirely forgetting that those "8000000 people" will choose who they want to fight for. Not want to take out the current ower and nothing else. Did you forget all other aspects of the system? Battle pay? Politics? All of that?

Also the benefit of placing your towers down on the first go is because people will play the heck out of these rails on the first day they all go live. There is a large amount of resources to get there in other to further the alliance or clan's weatlh. (which is why the 0% people are boned)

No reason to defend when they can take it themselves? Only so many people can take something at a time. -_- Clashes are between one alliance or clan vs another. The tons of other people will be making a choice to defend either.

Seriously dude. lol