Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Have To Immediately Defend? Again?!

Domesticon

Us people in and supporting Eclipse just spent all that time fighting off the Lords of the East and we don't even get any down time or time to keep the Dark Sector? The hell, DE? That makes trying to keep the Rails completely pointless when most have already been dropped to 0%. There is absolutely no point to bother with the Rails at this point when someone is just going to offer it for free and when it'll be impossible to actually try to hold the thing for your own Clan/Alliance. The winning Clan/Alliance should be allowed to keep the Rail for at least Three Days To a Week so people can actually enjoy the Dark Sector and its XP/Loot Bonuses.

I think that's the point. Make it so they are constantly up for grabs. It would be pointless if one or two alliances held all of them all of the time. I think the whole process and tributes tax or whatever needs tweaked still obviously, but the defending alliance should be at some disadvantage in order to prevent a monopoly of the rails.

I think that's the point. Make it so they are constantly up for grabs. It would be pointless if one or two alliances held all of them all of the time. I think the whole process and tributes tax or whatever needs tweaked still obviously, but the defending alliance should be at some disadvantage in order to prevent a monopoly of the rails.

This logic is terrible, that literally means no one is ever going to be able to enjoy the Sector if its constantly being attack. 

That logic is really bad, sure dark sectors are meant for clan conflict, but really this much? An endgame area as DE has called it(though I could say a few things as to why it's not, but i ain't going there now) is meant to be available to players so they can get what they need, when they need it(especially in a game like warframe where grinding is a very important thing to do), so the fact that there are only 24 hour periods between missions, in which the holding clan will on most occasions jack up the tax rates a lot in order to pay for conflicts and repairs, seems a little pointless. I I fully believe that a load of balancing is in order here.

Also why should the defending alliance be at a disadvantage, that completely goes against every rule of battle ever written ever. One of the main ideas behind battles is that if you are attacking a fortified position you want to bring a much larger force than your foe. In fact i believe that it should be the complete opposite of your idea, where the defender has a large bonus, simply so that attacking a node will become something that is sort of a big deal, rather than just an action that is constantly going on. If my idea happens the rewards would go up, the dark sector missions would be able to be run more, alliances would actually prepare for an attack rather than just popping down a rail on a whim, and it would still keep clans holding rails wary of raising taxes to high, because people would then become mad, and have a reason to attack. Everyone would benefit from it.

I aughta make a post about why that should be a thing, after dinner though.

Edited by Neverwinterkni

This logic is terrible, that literally means no one is ever going to be able to enjoy the Sector if its constantly being attack. 

Exactly, now that I have calmed down a bit form that. being more clear, that is what I am talking about. There isn't a point to hold it anymore, no Taxes make it a Credit Pit for Clans/Alliance. Putting Taxes up ensure you'll be attacked by a Clan/Alliance that'll set rates to Zero. Then you've got to put up Battlepay for people to try to support you, making the Pit problem worse. Then even after you defend you've got to repair and then be attacked almost immediately after. This makes it pointless for Clans/Alliances to even want to hold these places when they could just use the nearby 0% Tax Rail, it is completely unprofitable and only hurts the Clan/Alliance to have these Rails.

So its balanced that a single Alliance owns a majority of the Sectors solely because they were there first?  If you want to keep holding those Sectors then work for it, don't expect it to be given to you just because an Alliance was there first.

I enjoy the tax-free sectors and support them, no matter the battle pay.  I could care less of the Name that appears there, doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the game.

Alliances can have up to 4000 members...surely each member can donate a small amount....

I enjoy the tax-free sectors and support them, no matter the battle pay.

That's nice, but there's not going to be any tax free sectors after this. Rails are so easy to construct that anyone can spam them for trolling if nothing else.

Alliances can have up to 4000 members...surely each member can donate a small amount....

I don't think you understand just how expensive this can get. Each instance of battle pay takes that much from the clan vault. The rail itself takes a cool fifteen million to repair. Without taxes, no alliance will actually have the funds to contest a rail for more than a week or two before they simply run out of money.

I don't know what you were expecting.

A reasonable cooldown such that people can actually *use* any given dark sector for a little while before it's contested again. Because as it stands now, we're looking at a case of dark sectors spending more time in "blow up the enemy's tower" mode than in the "farm infested for superior rewards" mode that everyone actually wants.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Well the problem is that they decided to make the infestation's perma-spot the dark sectors.

i honestly don't care how many times we get contested, the main problem is the fact that when the sectors are in conflict, nobody can access those nodes for 48 hours or until one alliance loses the battle and after the fight, everybody as whole in warframe then has access to that one node for 24 hours before being locked out again because there will be another conflict so in the end if the nodes are always up for grabs, the whole community won't be able to enjoy the bonus rewards from these nodes because majority of the time it'll be locked in conflict.

So I absolutely agree with there should be a standard waiting period where nobody can contest that node so everybody can access it during that waiting period and it'd make the alliance members feel like they have gotten some kind of reward being able to access that node for x amount of time due to not receiving battle pay whilst defending it.

Otherwise, enjoy staying locked out of the dark sectors with constant conflict going on.

The rail itself takes a cool fifteen million to repair.

...eh? It's actually more like...

*does some quick mathestimating*

roughly 200,000 credits or so, presuming a hardfought battle like Sinai?

Though yeah, taxfree rails are going away in favour of "as low as we can reasonably make in the expectation of maintaining these things" now people are learning how the system actually works.

Though honestly the bigger issue here is...well, to put it frankly the rail invasions aren't that fun. Even if we had better battle pay, the actual rewards you get in say, affinity or resources are so freakin' miniscule I could probably get more stuff from running missions on Mercury than rail invasions. The only reason I even bothered to do all the runs i did on Sinai was because I thought "it'll get better, right? At some point?"

Like the attrition aspect of the rail system wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that the content I would actually want to play is going be constantly locked out every other day or so.

That's nice, but there's not going to be any tax free sectors after this. Rails are so easy to construct that anyone can spam them for trolling if nothing else.

I don't think you understand just how expensive this can get. Each instance of battle pay takes that much from the clan vault. The rail itself takes a cool fifteen million to repair. Without taxes, no alliance will actually have the funds to contest a rail for more than a week or two before they simply run out of money.

A reasonable cooldown such that people can actually *use* any given dark sector for a little while before it's contested again. Because as it stands now, we're looking at a case of dark sectors spending more time in "blow up the enemy's tower" mode than in the "farm infested for superior rewards" mode that everyone actually wants.

That's badlands for you. That's what it was supposed to be. Accept it. Although if the "Rail Wars" were more interesting and fun, no one would be complaining. Also, there needs to be some extra, added benefit to doing these conflict missions in these tilesets. Like, the tilesets should have something there - rare mods, lots of credits, etc, to draw people to them and to make up for the lack of infested missions.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Yes. You do.

This is a territory war part of the game. You don't get many breaks. So long as there is someone who wants a piece of you you'll have to fight.

I was expecting the Dark Sectors to be... you know, usable.

What sense does it make if these playable sections are basically just trophies for a clan or alliance's e-peen? If that's what DE was going for, the clan rails shouldn't have been linked to missions in the first place.

Yes. You do.

This is a territory war part of the game. You don't get many breaks. So long as there is someone who wants a piece of you you'll have to fight.

But u know. In real battles defending side by position is 10 times stronger. So it means that attacker should bring at least 40000 players to defeat 4000 players strong Eclipse alliance.

Edited by Tograk

I was expecting the Dark Sectors to be... you know, usable.

SO MUCH THIS

I have a job that requires me to be away from home for days at a time. 

How am I supposed to enjoy the Dark Sectors at all?

Edited by Emeere

...eh? It's actually more like...

*does some quick mathestimating*

roughly 200,000 credits or so, presuming a hardfought battle like Sinai?

In alliance chat they were saying fifteen million to fully repair a rail? I assumed that scaled linearly. I haven't checked myself, but 200k? That's actually nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. 0 tax rails might in fact be viable with such low numbers. 200k is pocket change.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

You miss the point entirely.

If you get so little time to reap the benefits of your rail, then why bother putting up a rail in the first place? Remember, this is an action game about shooty shooty and looty looty. The VAST majority of people only play a few hours a night. It's entirely conceivable right now that the rail your clan owns and has successfully defended a number of times has never been open for business when you went out to play on it. 

Considering how few Dark Sectors are compared to the amount of Clans/Alliances that want them, add the fact Eclipse decided to grab 8 of them, what did you expect was going to happen? 

Time to choose between keeping 1-2 of those rails or enjoy doing non-stop contested runs to try and keep all of your rails who will be constantly contested.

The Dark Sectors ARE useable! The one in Sinai is usable now! If they decided to step up the battle pays in any of the other Dark Sectors, those ones will end faster and we'll be able to use those too.

The problem is that it can be contended again at any time.

The one that ended in Juptier had another contender in like five minutes. Hardly enough time to let the masses enjoy the sector.

It's only reasonable to allow a cooldown period. Not just for the defending clan, but for other players as well.