Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice-Chatting, Why Is It Unpopular?

Kellman

The default settings for the voice chat were extremely loud and annoying the first time I heard someone else using it, and I'd rather not be loud and annoying to other people like that.

Tbh, this really isn't a game that specifically requires it unless you're doing 2 hour+ endless missions, all the information you could possibly communicate is already available to you except for explaining what you put a waypoint on beyond it being a module.

Plus, I think gamergirls want to remain anonymous.

You're right. I'm assuming you mean "self proclaimed" gamer girls. They're better off remaining quiet.

http://youtu.be/5kSOD6EsEUs

I know it's a parody. I've just witnessed people who are like that, and no I'm not being a misogynist. No I'm not pairing all girls with these self proclaimed gamer girls. Nor do I wish to bring up a debate just sharing some funny parody is all!

As for the voice chat, I only use it when I feel it's neccesary. There are times where it doesn't work correctly and people can't hear me so I'd rather use team speak if playing with friends. It stops people getting annoyed in chat as well for that matter.

Edited by Sutherland

Because not worked or its bugged(i tried time ago and nothing), in fixes no one mentioned about fixing it also(i dont remeber any word in fixes about that), so no one bothering . And its not necessary, game is super easy to make tactical commands, useful just to chat.When i want i use skype, not a big problem, team speak is crap, waste of time to write tonns of passwords, search right rooms etc and if someone dont have micraphone ts kick him out after few mins all the time, cant turn off that, most stupid programm im used for voice chat and u need to pay for that crap :D.

There are a couple of issues:

- People can be obnoxious.

- People can have obnoxious voices.

- My own voice is obnoxious.

- I don't have a working microphone.

- Audio quality is just below satisfactory.

- Some people can convey their thoughts more easily with text rather than voice.

- Imagine what would happen if one of my family walked in and saw me talking to a computer.

- Now imagine if they heard some of the things people talk about on the internet.

Anyone whom has played a Call of Duty title recently tends to be hesitant about using voice chat.

Aside, the voice chat in Warframe never seems to work well for me, and I have tried multiple mics.

Also, some people prefer not to use mics because they like to troll with some anonymity. Ashpool killjack FTW!:-P 

I don't use chat, mainly because I am very shy, and it makes me uncomfortable.

I also usually mute anyone who talks or makes noises, because they're either extremely loud, or they are shouting and insulting me because I'm not doing exactly what they want me to do.

Plus, previous experience from voice chat in games.. "omg its a girl, lets all add her at once"

No.

the only time i like to have chat on is when im playing with real life friends. otherwise, i dont like listening to people's music, singing, or complaining/arguing with some one else in their house.

if you are somebody who does these things, im just gonna let you know here and now, its really annoying and no one likes it. also, some one like me is going to record you on my phone and show all of their friends how stupid you sound. plus, i will maybe post it online.

I usually only voicechat with friends who I know, and I'll use something like Mumble or Teamspeak to do it. I do have voice enabled in the game but I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard anyone else in a PUG use it. I play on my laptop and I'm usually somewhere where me yapping at the game would disturb others around me, so I usually just use text chat.

I don't use chat, mainly because I am very shy, and it makes me uncomfortable.

I also usually mute anyone who talks or makes noises, because they're either extremely loud, or they are shouting and insulting me because I'm not doing exactly what they want me to do.

Plus, previous experience from voice chat in games.. "omg its a girl, lets all add her at once"

No.

I have been in this ongoing conversation on Raptr about gender-related mistreatment in games... It is definitely something that is a major issue. I apologize on behalf of the male gender for contributing to your discomfort in online communication.

The Raptr Topic:

http://raptr.com/shelbstar/news/50423ad44029328a6d/being-a-girl-gamer-on-cod

on ps4 the chat quality is worse than ps4 party chat and you cannot mute individual players. you always seem  to get 1 idiot that has a bad mic.   it's just easier to turn chat off than to talk because of these people

seriously everyone, call JG micworth, 877 get a mic

You actually can mute individuals on PS4. Just have to go to options, then hit triangle to go to squad list, then hit X to mute, simple as that.

I generally play with my headset turned off, I'll turn it on if a couple of other people are using mics and seem decent (not screaming, playing music, or drowning out everything with background noise or tv/speaker echo).

My only issue with voip with the PS4 version is when I'm not using my headset, squad volume takes priority over game volume...but when I have my headset going it is the exact opposite so I can't hear whoever is talking. -_-

I have been in this ongoing conversation on Raptr about gender-related mistreatment in games... It is definitely something that is a major issue. I apologize on behalf of the male gender for contributing to your discomfort in online communication.

None, been like this since the beginning of online games, no matter what gender you might be, the enemy will always use S#&$talking as a valid tactic to throw your focus and guard off, this has nothing to do with gender as a whole and is way over-exaggerated, so let's try to be equal here and S#&$talk equally to both gender, alright?

Good, thanks.

While on the topic, I kind of feel sad that nobody here uses the voice chat feature, because thats where I keep all of my rambling about space marines and acts of a paladin while swinging my mace around as Oberon.

Edited by Rainbee