Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Server Down Again, Or It's Just Me?

Net123

Net123, on 15 Apr 2014 - 7:26 PM, said:

Thanks for the link but I still don't get what's this Corpus they talk about, and why it would attack the server?!?

A DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack is/has being run against DE's servers by a group or individual. This is not an uncommon act of vandalism to disrupt, break, and otherwise deny access or service to an internet server. The correlation to Warframe winning the MMOBomb F2P countdown and this attack seems strong. So it could very well be some group of players from another F2P game's community being vindictive childish vandals.

Waste of a botnet, personally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Edited by Brasten

Thanks for the link but I still don't get what's this Corpus they talk about, and why it would attack the server?!?

That's a joke, right?

The Corpus is the "spaceman and robots and lasers" faction. The was the Devs being funny.

And we are showing major signs of a ddos attack.

It is/was a DDoS attack as stated in the OP the Corpus is a joke to make it warframe-like. About why someone would do a DDoS attack to warframe i don't know..maybe they got angry cause they couldn't get Booben after months, or they have too many nanospores they got sick

Edit: double ninja'd :D

Edited by hilycker

You should go read up about this game you're playing. The Corpus are one of the enemy factions in the game.

You should go read up about this game you're playing. The Corpus are one of the enemy factions in the game.

They might not be out of Mercury yet, even a little ways into Venus even, I don't think you encounter Corpus for a little while, just Grineer and (used to be) Infested.

Guys, let's not bite his head off. He is a new player and he probably hasn't even come across the Corpus yet. Cut him some slack. It's very understandable that he has been left confused by the joke employed by DE.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by dancingknight