The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash, Because I Don't Know What To Title This.

Shuuro

That would be one way of adding some utility to it. Since all enemies will be hit at once, it fixes the long duration of the skill, and since everyone is being attacked by Blade Storm at once, it could be counted as a crowd control skill possibly? Maybe have enemies dazed/confused for about a second afterwards? It's one of many possibilities.

Yeah, maybe keep them covered in smoke as a visual effect to show their dazed, like Excalibur's blind. Ash IS based on smoke after all, so they should add more of it! :p

And upping its damage wouldnt hurt either.

As for smoke screen. I do think it needs to be longer. Not as long as loki's, but close.

Teleport, needs to be free aim, but not an infinite distance.

Shuriken, no idea from me on how to fix it.

I recently posted a topic about an idea I had for his Smokescreen.

Why not have it so that allies who were in a certain radius around Ash when he casted Smokescreen also become invisible for a shortened duration? I'd think it'd make him alot more team oriented.

Two examples:

Allies getting swarmed by enemies, Smokescreen and now you all can retreat and heal/regenerate.

Smokescreen a downed ally to turn both you and them invisible, allowing them to quickly get away/not die immediately after getting up.

Why not have it so that allies who were in a certain radius around Ash when he casted Smokescreen also become invisible for a shortened duration? I'd think it'd make him alot more team oriented.

Two examples:

Allies getting swarmed by enemies, Smokescreen and now you all can retreat and heal/regenerate.

Smokescreen a downed ally to turn both you and them invisible, allowing them to quickly get away/not die immediately after getting up.

This is what I keep trying to push forward. A small group stealth around Ash would be a nice utility add on to his persona. Other frames already negate incoming damage to entire rooms with no concern about where team mates are, Radial Blind being my most used example. While with Ash, you would have to be near your allies to stealth them. It doesn't have to be a stealth as strong as Ash's, maybe even a weaker version of his that is applied to everyone else, be it 1/2 the duration or come out of stealth after attacking (although I think it'd be awesome if I could give everyone in my group a 15~20 second stealth just like my Ash, and coordinate around killing heavies in stealth damage). This could possibly be the turning point that makes the stealth from Ash separate from Loki's, and would be a welcome group utility to the group, increasing group survival ability.

What if... what if we just made Bladestorm/Shuriken take on attributes of the melee weapon equipped, akin to Valkyr? He's already stabbing enemies with melee weapons, so giving them a portion of the stats (maybe (Base+25% Melee)xPower for Shuriken and (Base+Melee)xPower for Bladestorm) will help make them not terrible AND give them scaling for higher level enemies?

Ash can contribute to his team as stated above, it just requires some creativity and actual gameplay instead of spamming a skill every few seconds indefinitely.

Everyone seems to ignore this every time something like this is posted.

...Even though it's true

Two examples:

Every time I see this suggestion I must decry it.

Make smokescreen a literal smokescreen, Ash should throw a smokebomb down when visible and towards the reticle when invisibile. Enemies inside get confused, and an accuracy debuff. They also cannot see tenno in the smokescreen. Keep radial blind in mind when you're thinking about it's effectiveness. Give it a cooldown, make it cost more energy, but this will make it a great skill.

I don't see how cloaking allies has more benefits than concealing allies and confusing enemies.

Since the biggest issues the majority of people have with Bladestorm is it's slow speed, damage not scaling, it doesn't have any CC and for a player using Ash others will kill your targets before you get around to them.

How about to make this ability more "useful" in a team scenario why don't we have both Ash and his Bladestorm targets removed from the combat zone. Say the effected enemies just disappear in a puff of smoke and the bladestorm animations play in some "shadow dimension" or what have you.(perhaps using the darkened room from the mission dioramas? seems like a good reuse of an asset)

This effectively solves two problems:

It removes up to 15 enemies from combat for it's duration giving some CC to a hectic fight.

It stops others from taking the kills and wasting the bladestorm.

This still has issues of its own (what happens to the enemies bodies when they "return"?, what happens when a enemy or player is in the spot either the Ash or his victims were when they "return"?)

Also Ash is locked into this potentially long animation cycle (maybe it can be sped up a bit) which means he isn't assisting the team in more standard ways like reviving

This is my thoughts on how Bladestorm could have more utility, while still keeping those animations everyone loves so much.

Since the biggest issues the majority of people have with Bladestorm is it's slow speed, damage not scaling, it doesn't have any CC and for a player using Ash others will kill your targets before you get around to them.

How about to make this ability more "useful" in a team scenario why don't we have both Ash and his Bladestorm targets removed from the combat zone. Say the effected enemies just disappear in a puff of smoke and the bladestorm animations play in some "shadow dimension" or what have you.(perhaps using the darkened room from the mission dioramas? seems like a good reuse of an asset)

This effectively solves two problems:

It removes up to 15 enemies from combat for it's duration giving some CC to a hectic fight.

It stops others from taking the kills and wasting the bladestorm.

This still has issues of its own (what happens to the enemies bodies when they "return"?, what happens when a enemy or player is in the spot either the Ash or his victims were when they "return"?)

Also Ash is locked into this potentially long animation cycle (maybe it can be sped up a bit) which means he isn't assisting the team in more standard ways like reviving

This is my thoughts on how Bladestorm could have more utility, while still keeping those animations everyone loves so much.

Another thought is to have the animation speed affected by Natural Talent or Power mods, allowing him to kill everything targeted by it faster.

I've been thinking about this overnight, and after reading the recent comments, I've come up with this idea. A lot of people actually enjoy seeing Ash's Blade Storm. It's the most 'unique' skill in Warframe in which it grants you a cinematic view of assassinations. One of Ash's main concept is that he uses smoke, so, how about this. Every time he 'poofs' to another target to assassinate, why not let him leave behind an explosion of smoke? Leaving that "literal smokescreen" effect Nox-Lamina suggested? In a room with 15 targets, that could potentially be 15 smokescreens spread across the room, hindering the enemies ability to find the Tenno, and target them. This would give Blade Storm an enormous boost in utility, increasing the teams survival ability as it reduces incoming damage.

Ash is fine. He is one of old school warframes. He also have more health than all the other frames, and invisibility. Everytime I see him it reminds me the good old days. 

Much better than Fatzord shooting tentacles. 

Btw, Loki is also fine. 

Ash is alright, but it wouldn't hurt to give some of his abilities a bit more utility. And maybe have his Shurikens changed from base to scaling damage so that they work better in high level missions.

Don't diss on Hydroid.

Loki is fine.