Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ash & Loki: Invisibility Stealth Damage Is Lower Than Normal Damage

cooler_sk

Edit: Fixed as of Update 13.3

Pretty much what in the title - attacking enemies with stealth attack does less damage than with normal ones, when weapon is modded up:

Stealth attack:

2014-04-16_00018.jpg

Normal attack from front:

2014-04-16_00016.jpg

Edited by cooler_sk

1 - did you try multiple times? Melee doesn't always hit in the same place on an Enemy, and Enemies of different levels will affect the Damage differently.

2 - check your Damage types! did one Grineer take more Damage to your Damage Types than the other?

3 - were you using a Crit based Melee? even if you weren't, is it possible the low Damage attack didn't Crit and the high one did?

it's always good to double check yourself. i'm not discounting what you've said as false, but i find it unlikely that this was the case.

also, in that first image, do i see a Stamina Orb there? o.0

where'd that come from.

1 - did you try multiple times? Melee doesn't always hit in the same place on an Enemy, and Enemies of different levels will affect the Damage differently.

2 - check your Damage types! did one Grineer take more Damage to your Damage Types than the other?

3 - were you using a Crit based Melee? even if you weren't, is it possible the low Damage attack didn't Crit and the high one did?

1. I have had the same experience. My regular hits will always (doesn't matter where I hit) kill the mob. But the stealth attack won't.

2. And that's with the same weapon, so the damage is the same.

3. And crits don't matter, since my regular hits always kill the guys, crit or not.

Stealth attacks suck, tending to hit less mobs, do less damage, and take more time to do it. I hate the things, and often do what I can to avoid the use of them (attack at range, spin attack into the enemy, run around to the front of the mob, etc).

Edited by Axterix13

2. And that's with the same weapon, so the damage is the same.

3. And crits don't matter, since my regular hits always kill the guys, crit or not.

Stealth attacks suck, tending to hit less mobs, do less damage, and take more time to do it. I hate the things, and often do what I can to avoid the use of them (attack at range, spin attack into the enemy, run around to the front of the mob, etc).

- if one enemy had Alloy Armor and the other Ferrite Armor, you'd notice a significant difference in Damage normally.

- killing the dude or not isn't relevant, it's the Damage numbers that are. the low Damage attack could have been a non-Crit, while the high one was.

hm. are we talking about the Stealth Attack prompt? or just attacking while Invisible.

if the Stealth Attack prompt, i misunderstood. and yes, those attacks do rather low Damage most of the time compared to other options.

- if one enemy had Alloy Armor and the other Ferrite Armor, you'd notice a significant difference in Damage normally.

- killing the dude or not isn't relevant, it's the Damage numbers that are. the low Damage attack could have been a non-Crit, while the high one was.

hm. are we talking about the Stealth Attack prompt? or just attacking while Invisible.

if the Stealth Attack prompt, i misunderstood. and yes, those attacks do rather low Damage most of the time compared to other options.

Yes, it will differ the damage.  However, I'm talking about situations where my good ol' regular attacks will kill the basic mobs.  They're low enough level vs the damage I do.  Doesn't matter if it is a lancer or an elite lancer.  The same types I kill with those regular attacks will survive some of the stealth ones.  Which means killing the dude is relevant, as it means the regular attack always does at least X damage, while stealth deals damage less than X to the same type of mob.

And yup, it is about Stealth Attack prompt, not attacking while invisible.  The latter deals a lot more damage thanks to the damage multiplier.  And I think the Stealth Attack button might not get that bonus either, creating yet another situation where Stealth Attacks are garbage that only slows you down.

Edited by Axterix13

I was using Ceramic dagger

Its modded with Point Strike and Sundering Strike (Damage+/ Puncture+)

I was trying it on same enemy in same mission (lvl 16 Arid Lancer) many times - damage numbers always same:

308 with stealth attack and over 1000 from front

most of the time 1267, unless it lands on their head by any chance when it would deal even more

It was not crit based and doing stealth attack you already do double damage (yellow numbers) that you get when attacking with melee from invis (crits shown in red in this case)

I tested with Finishing Touch and it does NOT affect stealth attack at all - still was getting 308 from lvl 16 Arid Lancers

So - Point of whole topic is - Stealth attack Damage does NOT scale with mods - its a bug and it should be addressed

I tested with Finishing Touch and it does NOT affect stealth attack at all - still was getting 308 from lvl 16 Arid Lancers

So - Point of whole topic is - Stealth attack Damage does NOT scale with mods - its a bug and it should be addressed

I haven't tested that so I wasn't so sure myself but wow, that's messed up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this bug that while I am playing loki or ash and use there stealth ability, sometimes they don't get the melee boost in damage. It's been happening more since melee 2.0 released. on top of that Life strike seems to become less effective when this problem happens.

Here's what I know. when this bug occurs:
this only happens when I join an on going game.
does not seem to matter weather the host has got a good connection or not.
melee weapon trail color changes from my color to a light blue.

this is fairly game breaking for me because I run an almost all melee build. and when this occurs I become pretty useless.

and when I say life strike becomes less effective, it's by a huge amount. normally I would get healed for about 300 per hit but when this bug happens, it only heals me for between 20 to 70 per hit. that's fine for lower zones. but when I'm in pluto that's no good.

P.S I've set my matchmaking ping to 100 and I still run into this bug a lot. please look into it.

update: seems weapon trail color changing is a separate issue

Edited by RIOTx

Pretty much title.

I've noticed that my stealth backstabs haven't been doing the damage they're supposed to for awhile now and figured now would be an opportune time to make everyone aware of it.

Punching an enemy in the face for 5x the damage that plunging a huge sword through its heart does, while somewhat funny, is rather annoying as higher level enemies always live through the execute damage.

Slightly off-topic: can someone check if giving the new rescue target an Embolist causes him to fire it beyond its max range?

Edited by Haif

I have experienced, when playing as a client, using Loki or Ash (tested with both), while invisible, Im not getting the allways criticals using melee.

When playing as a host this doesnt happen, I literalycrit on every melee hit.

Anybody else experiencing this?

FYI they are not crits. your damage is being boosted by the stealth multiplier. now with that out of the way.

yeah since update 13.1 or 13.2 I've had this issue happen to me as well. 80% of the matches I join I get this bug and it's causing me to not want to play my favorite warframe.

Edited by RIOTx

FYI they are not crits. your damage is being boosted by the stealth multiplier. now with that out of the way.

yeah since update 13.1 or 13.2 I've had this issue happen to me as well. 80% of the matches I join I get this bug and it's causing me to not want to play my favorite warframe.

fyi they are crits, when invisible all Lokis and Ashs hits are crits, along with the stealth multiplier.

Now that we have that out of thw ay, yes, its driving me nuts also. 4 formas in my ash for a full melee wrecking build, and I cant take advantage of it if Im not the host... and Im not able to host, so I cant take advantage of that.

fyi they are crits, when invisible all Lokis and Ashs hits are crits, along with the stealth multiplier.

Now that we have that out of thw ay, yes, its driving me nuts also. 4 formas in my ash for a full melee wrecking build, and I cant take advantage of it if Im not the host... and Im not able to host, so I cant take advantage of that.

FyI you do not get 100% crits during invisibility with ash/loki

Check wiki and test for yourself. Otherwise melee crit damage mods would boost damage further, while they are not.

Yes its yellow text, no those are not crits at all.

Being discussed countless times.

Edited by Unibot

• 2 weeks later...