Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Planet Tile Sets

DeMantic

So starting with the Earth planet tile sets, then the Jupiter Gas City, Phobo's desert and now with the introduction of the Ceres Grineer Shipyard tile sets I wonder if at some point each planet would have it's own unique tile set. I think it would be a great long term goal for DE to take out some of the repetition in the game. 

Tenno, what kind of tile sets would you like to see for your favorite planets? I think as an alternative to Phobos, if Pluto had more ice/snowy tile sets that would be cool, I don't mind the randomness of tile sets. I understand why they do it to make it more accessible to more players and keep away from even more repetition. Just please for the love of shields, don't make them all ice shield reducing levels. That is my least favorite mechanic in the game. I'm getting off topic though, what do you think of the randomly generated tile sets, what would you like to see?

I would love to see Venus look like the actual planet. It is the hottest thing in our solar system 2nd only to the sun, yet it is depicted covered in snow in Warframe. It should be a giant hell planet with sulfuric acid air, molten metal rivers and charred ground. Maybe that would make it a more dynamic mission location. 

Also the Phobos tileset would work better on Mars.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

I think Phobos's tile set should be moved to Mars.  Phobos is little more than an asteroid trapped in Mars orbit (it's only got 1500 km^2 surface area! That's only space for 3 New Your Cities!).  I was wondering how come we never got any beautiful two-moon pictures from Curiosity, then I looked up the sizes of Mars' "moons" and no wonder we've not gotten such pictures, you likely can't see Mars' moons from its surface!

Furthermore, Phobos doesn't really have that Mars-characteristic red iron-oxide hue to it, either.

I'd like to see Venus (since it's a Corpus world, isn't it?) have a tile set that's a totally in-doors corpus installation (like Jupiter, but not so cloud-city), with viewports out into the hellish, acidic wasteland that is Venus.  Or maybe there could be outside segments where you take constant damage from acid rain.

Saturn could be a Grineer version of Jupter, but with a pale yellow outside atmosphere.  Now that I think about it, we do go outside on the Jupiter tile-set, don't we?  What the hell?  The whole 'life support system disabled' thing on survival is such junk...

I think Phobos's tile set should be moved to Mars.  Phobos is little more than an asteroid trapped in Mars orbit (it's only got 1500 km^2 surface area! That's only space for 3 New Your Cities!).  I was wondering how come we never got any beautiful two-moon pictures from Curiosity, then I looked up the sizes of Mars' "moons" and no wonder we've not gotten such pictures, you likely can't see Mars' moons from its surface!

Furthermore, Phobos doesn't really have that Mars-characteristic red iron-oxide hue to it, either.

I'd like to see Venus (since it's a Corpus world, isn't it?) have a tile set that's a totally in-doors corpus installation (like Jupiter, but not so cloud-city), with viewports out into the hellish, acidic wasteland that is Venus.  Or maybe there could be outside segments where you take constant damage from acid rain.

Saturn could be a Grineer version of Jupter, but with a pale yellow outside atmosphere.  Now that I think about it, we do go outside on the Jupiter tile-set, don't we?  What the hell?  The whole 'life support system disabled' thing on survival is such junk...

I think much of the asteroid>>>>planet thing could be explained by the huge time gap between the world of today and Warframe. There could have been Orokin teraforming projects that involved making asteroids into new planets to sustain swelling populations and the like.

Also Mars is cold. I doubt that sandskates like cold temperatures.

Sounds like a good potential change would be to make Mars have the Phobos tile set and maybe change Phobos to have the basic ship tilesets. I wouldn't want to completely get rid of the ship sets, there's something kind of nostalgic about the Grineer ship tilesets. And/or the Galleon tileset. I understand this is basically a fantasy game but there are small things like this that people really notice. Attention to detail is everything in a F2P game like this.

Even worse on Earth. Life support disabled on Earth? ok let me just pop my helmet off. Problem solved lol

Yeah, hah!  I was thinking about the exterior space-vacuum sequences on the Corpus half of certain invasion missions (or, you know, the corpus ships when you break a window), where you take very small constant damage.  From the freakin' vacuum of space!  Apparently total lack of life support is more serious that the most inhospitable environment imaginable.  Or maybe the Corpus/Grineer are just able to shut down our Warframes' own suit life support systems or something, which leads to asking, why the hell don't they just do that all the time?

Anyway, derailing the topic.  :cough:

EDIT:

I think much of the asteroid>>>>planet thing could be explained by the huge time gap between the world of today and Warframe. There could have been Orokin teraforming projects that involved making asteroids into new planets to sustain swelling populations and the like.

Also Mars is cold. I doubt that sandskates like cold temperatures.

So now we're just going to make matter out of nothing?  I know it's science fiction, but come on...  Even replicators in Star Trek required power, do you know how much energy it would take to make a freakin' PLANET!?  Hell, Phobos is so freakin' tiny why even need use it as a base?!  It's got no worth as a planetary core (even if you get past the sheer diminiutive size and focus on mineral composition)...

Mars is cold because it lacks mass to hold an atmosphere.  If we're just going to pull matter out of nothing so we can make Phobos its own planet, there's no reason we can't pull matter out of nothing to give Mars enough density to hold an atmosphere.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

Who knows what you can do with the void? Why not take mass out of there, and put it in normal space where people don't get turned into tiny godlings?

But science fiction lore ideas aside, pretty sure the eventual goal IS to have each 'planet' have a unique tileset. I think one of the devstreams mentioned the infested coming back to the regular solar system, and unless they meant just the Dark Sectors, I presume another planet is getting a tileset of its very own "soon".

It would be nice, but some of the areas of the planets are on ships.

Yeah of course. I'm not saying the entire planet needs to be the unique tile set. But I like to imagine an end goal for Warframe is to make each planet Unique in ways besides just resource drops.

Yeah of course. I'm not saying the entire planet needs to be the unique tile set. But I like to imagine an end goal for Warframe is to make each planet Unique in ways besides just resource drops.

IMO i would like more planets...super hard enemies, better rewards. but yeah I hope they do put in new tilesets

So now we're just going to make matter out of nothing? 

Who says you're making matter out of nothing? You can smash and fuse together a few asteroids to make a planetoid, which certainly seems like something the Orokin are capable of doing. The "Phobos" we see in Warframe may only be using the name and distinction as one of Mar's moons, but be a completely different entity altogether by virtue of being so built up that it's turned from a small rock into a proper moon.

For Mars, I prefer if they made a Mars Corpus Outpost tileset for it, given that the Corpus are supposed to be its primary inhabitants. Basically using the same base as the Grineer Settlement tileset, but with Corpus structures instead.