The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Got In Game Lags If My Fps Is Good ? Help

INULL0N

Check your graphics settings, some graphic controls may have been changed with u13. Also, some graphical qualities tend to hide during some missions, and then present themselves in extreme at certain points. For example the glow on earth could easily lag a top of the range computer for a second or two every now and again.

If you have constant lag then do the following until something works:

0. If you're using Windows 8 then there is no hope for you

1. Lower graphics settings

2. Check for graphic driver updates

3. Look for known DirectX or Physics system conflicts with your specific hardware

4. Check that your machine has the appropriate graphic settings active (Confirm by playing another game)

5. Re-install Warframe

6. Try all the little things that have a 99% chance of not working (Eg, defrag, etc)

7. Reinstall Windows

8. Give up and play Battlefield 4 or something

Lag is also miss-used to describe your own computer being slow.

True.

I know how it is miss used, does not change the fact fps has nothing to do with lag.

But a lot of people don't... Like this fellow:

Check your graphics settings, some graphic controls may have been changed with u13. Also, some graphical qualities tend to hide during some missions, and then present themselves in extreme at certain points. For example the glow on earth could easily lag a top of the range computer for a second or two every now and again.

If you have constant lag then do the following until something works:

0. If you're using Windows 8 then there is no hope for you

1. Lower graphics settings

[...]

This is an example of someone who doesn't understand the difference between lag and performance issues. InsanitySOZ, if you'd read the post you'd understand that Fermen is not having a performance issue, but a lag issue. What you're posting are potential fixes for performance issues (fyi Windows 8 is actually really quite good when it comes to game performance, I'd suggest removing that as I think your personal bias for operating systems is clouding your 'tips'... Windows 8 is actually quite great performance wise. Better than Windows 7 in some respects).

Really the only solutions to lag are: 

1. Make sure the in game region setting is the same as your actual region (improves matchmaking)

2. Make sure no one else and no other programs are downloading/uploading data on your network

3. Sometimes routers and/or modems need a reset (unplugging them for a moment or two and plugging them back in to the electrical will reset them)

4. If all else fails, see if you can upgrade your internet package with your ISP, or switch providers.

Soz. Misunderstood. ^Why so bitter?

because Forum posting is not a race. you have all the time in the world to read the words in front of you, no need for a hasty response.

that coupled with false information in your 'suggestions' makes for a poor troubleshooting post.

that being said, the Poster still hasn't clarified his relatively vague statement, and any type of game experience issue is still possible, even some performance related ones. because he hasn't explained what's wrong or what's happening that he doesn't find appealing.